Gibler 109r Final Table

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

infinite run good imo. big things comingggggggggggggggggg sooonPokerStars Game #26334087440: Tournament #149950148, $100+$9 Hold'em No Limit - Level XX (3000/6000) - 2009/03/25 1:20:47 ETTable '149950148 23' 9-max Seat #6 is the buttonSeat 1: skilled_sox (811647 in chips)Seat 2: rdcrsn (72968 in chips)Seat 3: Pipedream17 (207036 in chips)Seat 4: FU_15 (317273 in chips)Seat 5: Norm427 (342635 in chips)Seat 6: ocrowe (260041 in chips)Seat 7: gibler321 (94941 in chips)Seat 9: AmirSF (215959 in chips)skilled_sox: posts the ante 600rdcrsn: posts the ante 600Pipedream17: posts the ante 600FU_15: posts the ante 600Norm427: posts the ante 600ocrowe: posts the ante 600gibler321: posts the ante 600AmirSF: posts the ante 600gibler321: posts small blind 3000AmirSF: posts big blind 6000*** HOLE CARDS ***skilled_sox: foldsrdcrsn: foldsPipedream17: foldsFU_15: foldsNorm427: foldsocrowe: foldsgibler321: raises 88341 to 94341 and is all-inAmirSF: calls 88341*** FLOP *** [9h 6s Td]*** TURN *** [9h 6s Td] [Kh]*** RIVER *** [9h 6s Td Kh] [Ts]*** SHOW DOWN ***gibler321: shows [Qc 8s] (a pair of Tens)AmirSF: shows [Ad 5s] (a pair of Tens - Ace kicker)AmirSF collected 193482 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 193482 | Rake 0Board [9h 6s Td Kh Ts]Seat 1: skilled_sox folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 2: rdcrsn folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 3: Pipedream17 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: FU_15 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 5: Norm427 folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 6: ocrowe (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 7: gibler321 (small blind) showed [Qc 8s] and lost with a pair of TensSeat 9: AmirSF (big blind) showed [Ad 5s] and won (193482) with a pair of Tens

infinite run good imo. big things comingggggggggggggggggg sooon
Want to pass me some of that infinite run good?This was my my next to last hand at the FT of the $109 50kPokerStars Game #26333559202: Tournament #149950062, $100+$9 Hold'em No Limit - Level XXII (4000/8000) - 2009/03/25 0:51:31 ETTable '149950062 24' 9-max Seat #3 is the buttonSeat 3: l_The_Nuts_l (286910 in chips) Seat 7: padrinhao (1367420 in chips) Seat 8: playpoker_ok (188526 in chips) Seat 9: Bond18 (317144 in chips) l_The_Nuts_l: posts the ante 800padrinhao: posts the ante 800playpoker_ok: posts the ante 800Bond18: posts the ante 800padrinhao: posts small blind 4000playpoker_ok: posts big blind 8000*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to l_The_Nuts_l [Kc Ks]Bond18: folds l_The_Nuts_l: raises 13222 to 21222padrinhao: folds playpoker_ok: calls 13222*** FLOP *** [Jh Js 6s]playpoker_ok: checks l_The_Nuts_l: bets 27222playpoker_ok: raises 139282 to 166504 and is all-inl_The_Nuts_l: calls 139282*** TURN *** [Jh Js 6s] [As]*** RIVER *** [Jh Js 6s As] [Qc]*** SHOW DOWN ***playpoker_ok: shows [6c Ad] (two pair, Aces and Jacks)l_The_Nuts_l: shows [Kc Ks] (two pair, Kings and Jacks)playpoker_ok collected 382652 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 382652 | Rake 0 Board [Jh Js 6s As Qc]Seat 3: l_The_Nuts_l (button) showed [Kc Ks] and lost with two pair, Kings and JacksSeat 7: padrinhao (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 8: playpoker_ok (big blind) showed [6c Ad] and won (382652) with two pair, Aces and JacksSeat 9: Bond18 folded before Flop (didn't bet)I feel big things coming for my game too. I've been running like ass but keep bringing my A game. As for you, its only a matter of time.
level?
No, honest but potentially stupid, nitty question...You're about to tell me it's standard to call off 1/3 of your stack when you're in BB against an SB short stack shove?Pot is 13.8K with blinds and antes. It's folded around to Gib, who shoves AI for 94341, making the pot 108141. Amir needs to put in 88341 to call. This is 1.22 to 1 odds, no? And represents about 40% of Amir's remaining stack. And he calls with A5, a hand that is easily dominated by most other Aces, most pp's and, while it is ahead of ATC, what range are you reallyputting the SB shover on?IMO, his call is strictly read based and kind of foolish, but I'm willing to be educated...
No, honest but potentially stupid, nitty question...You're about to tell me it's standard to call off 1/3 of your stack when you're in BB against an SB short stack shove?Pot is 13.8K with blinds and antes. It's folded around to Gib, who shoves AI for 94341, making the pot 108141. Amir needs to put in 88341 to call. This is 1.22 to 1 odds, no? And represents about 40% of Amir's remaining stack. And he calls with A5, a hand that is easily dominated by most other Aces, most pp's and, while it is ahead of ATC, what range are you reallyputting the SB shover on?IMO, his call is strictly read based and kind of foolish, but I'm willing to be educated...
Gibler is and should be shoving any 2 cards there.. Im snap snap snapping with k10o
Gibler is and should be shoving any 2 cards there.. Im snap snap snapping with k10o
I've widened my calling ranges in these situations and have seen great results, imo. Just wish I could put in more volume!GG gib, try starting the infinite run good when SCOOP starts, k?
I prefer snapping with KTo than A5, for example. Even sooted connectors as low as 78.Am I focusing too much on calling range here? I'm not sure I can assume that most people will be shoving atc from SB here. I'm simply concerned that the shover has an A most times they are hving into a larger stack.
I prefer snapping with KTo than A5, for example. Even sooted connectors as low as 78.Am I focusing too much on calling range here? I'm not sure I can assume that most people will be shoving atc from SB here. I'm simply concerned that the shover has an A most times they are hving into a larger stack.
Nah.. A5 has probably such an insane amount of equity vs any 2 cards.. and from the sounds of it neither were very deep.. you gotta gamble if you are the bb and you gotta shove if you are the sb.
Nah.. A5 has probably such an insane amount of equity vs any 2 cards.. and from the sounds of it neither were very deep.. you gotta gamble if you are the bb and you gotta shove if you are the sb.
Fair enough. Thank to you and NNB and whoever else for their input :-)
I've widened my calling ranges in these situations and have seen great results, imo. Just wish I could put in more volume!GG gib, try starting the infinite run good when SCOOP starts, k?
And because of this I have started to rethink spots like these. Often times I think that a raise looks stronger than a shove in this instance. I don't know if WhatA or any of the other players would call a raise with K10 or A5 if SB just raises in a spot like this, but I think a raise would look much, much stronger than just a steal.Oh and gg DDG Gib
And because of this I have started to rethink spots like these. Often times I think that a raise looks stronger than a shove in this instance. I don't know if WhatA or any of the other players would call a raise with K10 or A5 if SB just raises in a spot like this, but I think a raise would look much, much stronger than just a steal.Oh and gg DDG Gib
It does look alot stronger.. but if its reg on reg it wont matter.. ive tried 3xin with shit when ive had 7 bbs and they are still reshipping on me with K9o.. If someone that I dont know who and who isnt a big winner 3xs from the sb with 12 bbs effective im insta folding A5 in the bb. Alot of regs will like 4.5 x with 7 bbs..l ike htat looks strong at all.. 3x and min raise still look very strong but i think if you both know each other its the same as just open shipping.
It does look alot stronger.. but if its reg on reg it wont matter.. ive tried 3xin with shit when ive had 7 bbs and they are still reshipping on me with K9o.. If someone that I dont know who and who isnt a big winner 3xs from the sb with 12 bbs effective im insta folding A5 in the bb. Alot of regs will like 4.5 x with 7 bbs..l ike htat looks strong at all.. 3x and min raise still look very strong but i think if you both know each other its the same as just open shipping.
I guess my thing is, "Would you ship AA or any other big hand with more than 12BBs?" Also, I was taught that once you have 12BBs you should be shipping almost ATC, I'm starting to see the trend to go higher, where it's fine to ship 16BBs. I guess it goes with the notion that poker is always changing and in order to be better we have to counteract and learn from those changes and use it to our advantage. Like maybe instead of 3x it with AA and 12-16bbs we can ship it and always get called by worse.
I guess my thing is, "Would you ship AA or any other big hand with more than 12BBs?" Also, I was taught that once you have 12BBs you should be shipping almost ATC, I'm starting to see the trend to go higher, where it's fine to ship 16BBs. I guess it goes with the notion that poker is always changing and in order to be better we have to counteract and learn from those changes and use it to our advantage. Like maybe instead of 3x it with AA and 12-16bbs we can ship it and always get called by worse.
against regs yes.. against donks who you rarely play with (the majority of the people in ur mtts) balancing your ranges isnt that important and you should just be trying to extract max value from tards.