No reads on villain as he had just sat a few hands before. PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comVillain 1 (Button) ($50)SB ($50)Villain 2 (BB) ($34.90)UTG ($39.50)UTG+1 ($50.75)MP1 ($10)MP2 ($21.80)MP3 ($8.35)Hero (CO) ($143.25)Preflop: Hero is CO with 3heart.gif, 3club.gif5 folds, Hero bets $1.50, Villain 1 calls $1.50, 1 fold, Villain 2 calls $1Flop: ($4.75) 5heart.gif, 7heart.gif, 4diamond.gif(3 players)Villain 2 checks, Hero bets $4, Villain 1 calls $4, 1 foldTurn: ($12.75) 3spade.gif(2 players)Hero bets $10, Villain 1 raises to $44.50 (All-In)Total pot: $32.75Worst card I could have seen? Villain went into the time bank before shoving. Normally at this level I've found a move like this is almost always a big hand, and since he was on the button, I wouldn’t put a whole lot past him (44,55,66,77,46s,56s,76s,86s,96s,A2 ect.) Feels a lot like a value shove especially after the flat on the flop, although I feel like this could easily be a lot of hands I beat as well (88,99,TT,45,47,57 or some type of flush draw) This is where I think live poker gets me in trouble. I was down at Foxwoods this weekend, and after two extremely profitable sessions, if this situation came up there, I would have hellmuth'd my chips into the middle so fast they may have elevated off the felt and hit the villain in the face. Crying call here or am throwing money away?

I fold here. Sometimes you just have to let yourself get bluffed. You're out of position and just guessing whether or not he has it. More often than not he does. If he were a shorter stack donk, then go right ahead and call, but he's a 100bb deep (reg?).

Hey noob, "if this situation came up there, I would have hellmuth'd my chips into the middle so fast they may have elevated off the felt and hit the villain in the face."This was funny and original as far as I could tell. NH.As for your post, we have to find a fold. I don't think you knew it was a bad card for you (and it may not have changed anything) on the turn until the action went down. Never WA, much to often WB to call here imo.

Hey noob, "if this situation came up there, I would have hellmuth'd my chips into the middle so fast they may have elevated off the felt and hit the villain in the face."This was funny and original as far as I could tell. NH.As for your post, we have to find a fold. I don't think you knew it was a bad card for you (and it may not have changed anything) on the turn until the action went down. Never WA, much to often WB to call here imo.
Ha, thanks. I try.As far as the hand goes, what line would you have taken on the turn? I felt there was value to be had from overpairs and two pair hands, but the problem(which you're probably going to point out) was that I didn't really have a plan in the event he shoved. I agree with your assessment that this a WB situation far more than a WA. C/F is to passive and I'm not a huge fan of a C/C either as he would probably bet with both hands I beat and hands that have me crushed, and then I'd be in the same situation on the river barring the case 3. Bet/fold?
Ha, thanks. I try.As far as the hand goes, what line would you have taken on the turn? I felt there was value to be had from overpairs and two pair hands, but the problem(which you're probably going to point out) was that I didn't really have a plan in the event he shoved. I agree with your assessment that this a WB situation far more than a WA. C/F is to passive and I'm not a huge fan of a C/C either as he would probably bet with both hands I beat and hands that have me crushed, and then I'd be in the same situation on the river barring the case 3. Bet/fold?
Most likely c/c, because I don't want to get raised if I lead. Hitting our set gives us a chance (if we're not already ahead) on the river to win against every hand villain has except higher sets and some 2 pair combos, and it's not reasonable without a read to think that you're going to have to call much more than $10 on the turn if you check. We really want to see a river though and should have enough info by then to make the right decision on that street. How many c-bet this flop and how many c/f?
How many c-bet this flop and how many c/f?
I cbet until someone asks me to stop by consistently calling with and showing down better hands. In other words, I keep the pressure on. There's nothing sweeter than a passive table.

the all in is weird to say the least, A6h is definately possible holdings though I don't understand the shove if he is freerollingwith the hearts out there don't you think villain might have raised the flop if he had an over pair? mtdesmoines?

I call. He has an overpair.
he has an overpair and shoves all in with a scare card like that? seems pretty donkalicious... i really don't see calling here without knowing what type of player this guy is.
he has an overpair and shoves all in with a scare card like that? seems pretty donkalicious... i really don't see calling here without knowing what type of player this guy is.
You've NEVER EVER bet a scare card? Villain can have 88 99 TT JJ QQ KK AA here. He can be open ended with a heart draw and forgot to push the flop. I've seen this with frustrated flush draws. Also, we have a heart blocker, which is both an asset and a problem. He can have the straight, but we have a set and vs his range of overpairs mixed in with the straights, we have a lot of outs and decent equity. I'd rather that we were the ones doing the pushing for some FE love, but hey, poker's not perfect. You're PF raise represents a range of 88-AA and AK AQ AJs, right?Do you really think he thinks you have a straight? He might have an overpair and be wanting to shut down the hand with an overpair.If he had the straight, wouldn't he be fearlessly and mercilessly milking us if he was decent?I don't know. I just think we can't snap fold this the way it played out.
Err - i'm saying to check the turn instead of betting 10
In retrospect, a little pot control probably would have been the play with the possible range the villain had. I forgot to post the results before, so for what its worth, the villain had 96 of spades, which wasn't all that surprising for the .25/.50 game. The only hands I ever see get played there like that are the nuts, unless its some Friday night hero(or as I was beginning to call them, unicorns)I moved up to .50/1 last week despite my results in .25/50 the last 4 months only being a small profit, because the game itself was driving me nuts. I didn't think the style of play would change that drastically, as I heard from many people that the change didn't come until 1/2, but I figured even a slight improvement might give me a little sanity. Well, I'm glad I did. While you still have a few graduates of the .25/.50 nit academy lurking, I've found that at almost every table, theres at least 2 people DYING to give their money away. I've been given more money just this weekend than in my 12K+ .25/.50 hands combined. While its still not the normal, aggressive play I'm use to, its definitely a start, and its definitely a more profitable game.