Aq On The Button, Semi-early In A Donkament

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00+$0.20 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (7 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (Button) (t1770)SB (t1370)BB (t1100)UTG (t1980)MP1 (t2480)MP2 (t3030)CO (t1770)Hero's M: 39.33Preflop: Hero is Button with A :club:, Q :spade:UTG calls t30, MP1 calls t30, MP2 calls t30, 1 fold, Hero bets t120, 1 fold, BB calls t90, 1 fold, MP1 calls t90, 1 foldFlop: (t435) 5 :5c, 4 :ts, 6 :4h(3 players)BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checksTurn: (t435) 4 :qh(3 players)BB bets t150, 1 fold, Hero calls t150River: (t735) 6 :3h(2 players)BB bets t180, Hero ??The BB isn't exceptionally aggressive, but he is pretty loose. The sort of player who can have any two cards, but I think he would have bet on the flop if he had hit anything.Many would say that I should C-bet here. I don't like C-betting this early in a $1 donkament though.So what do you guys think? Slightly goofy hand.

I don't really like a c-bet either against 2 other players on a coordinated flop, especially when we have no draw other than two overs.Fold or raise the turn bet, don't just call. I'm leaning more towards a fold. As played, fold the river.

I don't like raising the turn. Worse hands are almost always folding and better hands are rarely going anywhere. And we could easily have the best hand here. I think the turn is either a call or fold.

1) fold the turn. seriously.2) i disagree with saying he bets the flop with a strong holding. against 2 players he could easily be going for a c/r here. I dont think he fires the river without a hand. Too often in $1 donkaments you get looked up here by A and K highs.

The BB isn't exceptionally aggressive, but he is pretty loose. The sort of player who can have any two cards, but I think he would have bet on the flop if he had hit anything.
So what makes him bet the turn? The river?Maybe he flopped a straight or he backdoored a full house with a 4 or 6 in hand. Maybe he's got a PP and figured why not take a cheap shot since no one had anything on the flop. If this is a bluff, it's a rather clever one for a $1 donkament, so I think he's got something here.

Okay, well, to clarify a few things:If he had bet bigger, I would have folded for sure.If the board hadn't paired twice, I would be folding, even to his small bet.I was pretty sure he didn't have a pocket pair. If he had a high pocket pair, he would have likely reraised me PF. If he had a mid pocket overpair, checking the flop would be really stupid imo. (What do you do if you have two 8's and then a card higher than a 8 comes on the turn? Bah.) And if he has 22 or 33 he's counterfeit.I was worried that he could have a monster and be making tiny value bets.Anyway, I called, thinking he likely called my PF raise with an ace and we would be splitting the pot. He turned over J7 (busted straight draw) and I was giggling all the way to the bank. Man, if only he had the guts to bet that a little bigger, I would have folded, heh. :)I definitely played the hand badly, though. I should have just c-bet this flop or folded the turn. The reason why I didn't c-bet was that the board looked so unconvincing. If I raise PF it makes it look like I have high cards, and I know that my opponents are calling with junk. But still, I had the button. No one else made a move. I should have c-bet. Or, shut down completely and check/fold. Oh well. I got really lucky, the way that the hand turned out.

Everyone says fold the turn but why? We're getting great odds and may even have the best hand. Villain's a donk. Granted I haven't played many low limit SNGs but I've played low limit cash games and small bets can indeed be a speculative or trashy hand. The river is a clear call. An ace is good enough given the price. Villain can have a hand as bad as queen or king high, and some busted diamond draw, straight draw, counterfeited pair, or even an ace for the chop. I don't EXPECT to be good here every time, or even half the time, but you don't have to be to make this call profitable or breakeven. We're calling 180 into 915, seriously fold? OP played hand fine IMO

Well, thanks for the positive responses.I agree, I think calling the river was a good move. I'm getting such a good price...I was expecting him to show an ace, actually.I disagree with calling the turn though. What if the board hadn't paired again on the river? Then I'd be in a much worse situation. I got really lucky with that river card, I think.EDIT:Actually...I do have two overcards. And if I'm happy with the board pairing, that gives me 8 more outs. Hmmmm. 30% odds....25% of the pot to call on the turn. Perhaps that wasn't as bad of a call as I thought. I called here in case he was just trying to steal the pot, thinking that he might give up on the next street.

I dont hate the way you played the hand either... maybe raise turn if you have him on air tho.
What exactly is raising going to accomplish?