Too Soon To Shove With This Hand?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $11+$1 Tournament, 2500/5000 Blinds 500 Ante (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton (t28806)SB (t125245)BB (t17958)Hero (UTG) (t32639)MP (t22140)CO (t43212)Hero's M: 3.11Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9 :club:, K :tsHero ?????yes I have an M of like 3, but there is one gigantic monster stack and the rest are real short. Large stack hasnt really done anything out of line at all.

With 5 people acting after you, I hate a shove here. The only way I would shove is if I could put the people acting after you on a very narrow range of hands. BvB, or maybe even on the button, I think I ship this all day.It's also important to note that with your stack, you will have to go all in at some point, and most likely you're going to be behind. It would be better (imo) to try and get it in with a hand that while behind, won't be dominated (like K9), minus the situation where they have an overpair.

Hero folds.With K9 the only thing that calls you has you beat. That's what I think when I am short stacked like that and need to push, "what calls me that I can beat?" In your case... nothing. Ha.It's THE WORST when KT calls you down and ITS GOOD. Just painful... its happened to me before. KT? GG? Lol...Also, perhaps you waited a bit long to make the move. I've always heard, and abide by, the 10BB rule. Think about playing all in or fold (with discretion obviously) when you're around 10BBs.If you had a few thousand more chips perhaps KT would have folded.Something to think about.

• 2 weeks later...

Insta shove imo. lol come on lets be honest, he has King high, thats good enough for a shove here. Not only does he have king high but its suited and even if he does happen to get called by AQ AJ Ax or a med pair he's not in horrible shape to double up. If he's dominated he's dominated and it was not his time but in this situation you gotta try make things happen not just fold and hope for the best.IMO stcik your chips in the middle and hope beautiful things happen.

Hero folds.With K9 the only thing that calls you has you beat. That's what I think when I am short stacked like that and need to push, "what calls me that I can beat?" In your case... nothing. Ha.It's THE WORST when KT calls you down and ITS GOOD. Just painful... its happened to me before. KT? GG? Lol...Also, perhaps you waited a bit long to make the move. I've always heard, and abide by, the 10BB rule. Think about playing all in or fold (with discretion obviously) when you're around 10BBs.If you had a few thousand more chips perhaps KT would have folded.Something to think about.
anyone else think the bolded is just bad? So when you are short you are gonna be nit-picky about your hands and only play the goods??
anyone else think the bolded is just bad? So when you are short you are gonna be nit-picky about your hands and only play the goods??
Yeah Im gonna agree with you here. In this situation your mentality should really be "is there a good chance I can win the pot if I stick my chips in?" rather than "What calls me that I have beat". Its not really about whether or not you run into a hand that can call you its more about you needing to win a pot right NOW.

Well according to the Pushbot charts I got if the table is tight you should push here, if it's average or lose it's a fold. The 12/180's are pretty loose so I guess it's a fold. Don't know how accurate my chart is though.

ya
Well according to the Pushbot charts I got if the table is tight you should push here, if it's average or lose it's a fold. The 12/180's are pretty loose so I guess it's a fold. Don't know how accurate my chart is though.
a lot of charts are pretty innacurate from my experience