Last Night Homegame

Last night i went to a .05/.10 home game and it was hilarious. I just wanted to post up a hand that i thought were priceless.The first was maybe 20 hands in, effective stacks of about 10$ a person. Folds to button who raise .3, SB calls and i call the extra from the BB with A-Koff. I know i should raise here, but considering the SB, i was sure he'd bet into me. Flop comes out A-5-4 (rainbow). SB checks, i bet .4, button calls, SB folds.Turn is a K. I check, he bets .75, i call.River is a 5. I check. Button checks. Button shows 4-5 for a full house. i showed A-K and laughed in his face. worst check behind ive ever seen considering my line. I would have probably donked off 2-4$ if he bet. Ive seen worse. But i just thought it was pretty terrible.

Why didn't you check raise the turn big when the King fell? He would have at least called, and maybe shoved. You would've been disappointed by the river card, but you would've gotten more value out of big hand there.

Yah I'm confused. You check calling the turn loses just as much value as him check/checking the river.Do you normally call kettles black?

Last night i went to a .05/.10 home game and it was hilarious. I just wanted to post up a hand that i thought were priceless.The first was maybe 20 hands in, effective stacks of about 10$ a person. Folds to button who raise .3, SB calls and i call the extra from the BB with A-Koff. I know i should raise here, but considering the SB, i was sure he'd bet into me. Flop comes out A-5-4 (rainbow). SB checks, i bet .4, button calls, SB folds.Turn is a K. I check, he bets .75, i call.River is a 5. I check. Button checks. Button shows 4-5 for a full house. i showed A-K and laughed in his face. worst check behind ive ever seen considering my line. I would have probably donked off 2-4$ if he bet. Ive seen worse. But i just thought it was pretty terrible.
This hand is so riddle with mistakes:1. RR preflop for the love of god2. .9 in pot on flop, lead for at least .653. Lead turn (his most likely holdings are a weaker ace, a draw, 2 pair or a set) with enough history i guess you can check raise turn. River... I mean, i guess if you know he has a 5 a check is good. You make money in mirco games by flopping big hands and betting. The biggest mistake micro players make is floating too many cards. You should capitalize on this by betting your big hands. My opinions for whatever they're worth.
  • 1 month later...
This hand is so riddle with mistakes:1. RR preflop for the love of god2. .9 in pot on flop, lead for at least .653. Lead turn (his most likely holdings are a weaker ace, a draw, 2 pair or a set) with enough history i guess you can check raise turn. River... I mean, i guess if you know he has a 5 a check is good. You make money in mirco games by flopping big hands and betting. The biggest mistake micro players make is floating too many cards. You should capitalize on this by betting your big hands. My opinions for whatever they're worth.
Reraising with AKo isn't a great move. If you reraise and someone comes over the top you've gotta dump the hand. So if you call with AKo you can see a cheap flop and see if you can get lucky if the original raiser has KK. It also keeps the pot small so that you wont be pot committed wiith only top pair.