Getting To The End Of A 5k Guarentee...

I was playing the $2.50+.025 5k guarentee on pokerstars a few days ago, and this still makes me sick.I have about 52k and blinds are 2k/4k, So I'm on the verge of push mode. I'm ranked like 60th of 75. 4 hours into the tournament (6,000+ entrants)I didnt have AA or KK for the entire tournament so I knew it was gonna come sooner or later. I'm in the small blind and I'm saying to myself, just one more double up and ill be ranked 30th and I can make a deep run. FINALLY, I get aces... and UTG pushes ALL-IN. He had about 110k. I thought this was really strange seeing how he had about 26 big blinds, so it was a bad push. It's folded to me and I call. I was suprised to see that the UTG player shows: Ks 10s.Ks 10s!??!?! Seriously!? How could anyone be this bad? THE FLOP:Ah Qd 3sI thought that was a fairly good flop for me.THE TURN:7sWow... now he has a gut shot and a flush draw...THE RIVER:2sTrip aces loses to King high flush...After playing for 4 hours and not seeing aces and then getting aces cracked by K 10 suited, running flush cards. That put me into shock.My final words:TheDonk1989: "nh"TheDonk1989: "I can see that you don't cash often..."UPDATE:What would you have done?

I was playing the $2.50+.025 5k guarentee on pokerstars a few days ago, and this still makes me sick.I have about 52k and blinds are 2k/4k, So I'm on the verge of push mode. I'm ranked like 60th of 75. 4 hours into the tournament (6,000+ entrants)I didnt have AA or KK for the entire tournament so I knew it was gonna come sooner or later. I'm in the small blind and I'm saying to myself, just one more double up and ill be ranked 30th and I can make a deep run. FINALLY, I get aces... and UTG pushes ALL-IN. He had about 110k. I thought this was really strange seeing how he had about 26 big blinds, so it was a bad push. It's folded to me and I call. I was suprised to see that the UTG player shows: Ks 10s.Ks 10s!??!?! Seriously!? How could anyone be this bad?
I cringed a little when I saw this...

Yea that sucks. There is nothing strategically to add here. You made an easy call and got extremely unlucky. God must hate you. Sorry bout your luck.

Yea that sucks. There is nothing strategically to add here. You made an easy call and got extremely unlucky. God must hate you. Sorry bout your luck.
Lmao yeah, I deffinately didnt do anything wrong.
  • 2 weeks later...

KT is a tournament jinx, I swear to God. I'm not a tourney player, but the deepest I've ever gotten in a tournament, like 800 runners, was #8. How'd I go out? As the 2nd stack at the table, the big stack went bonkers pf with KT and knocked me right out.

I cringed a little when I saw this...
+1Oh by the way; You say 7 BB is on the verge of push mode? I was told that push mode was basically 4 BB or less. I wouldn't push all-in with 52k into a pot of 7600.But beside that, i can't say your play was wrong... who wouldn't have called that all-in anyway.
+1Oh by the way; You say 7 BB is on the verge of push mode? I was told that push mode was basically 4 BB or less. I wouldn't push all-in with 52k into a pot of 7600.But beside that, i can't say your play was wrong... who wouldn't have called that all-in anyway.
No... 10 BB's is push mode, I had 13 hence verge of push mode. So your not in push mode until you have 16k? So even if you double up your still a super short stack .

There is no way that you cannot call the all in bet with this person. You have them heads up with AA.....perfect!!Ouch on the beat though.........those beats really hurt and stay in the memory for a long time.Better luck next time,Irondonk

what? all of the bolded is completely wrong. Like the OP said the general push move is around 10BB and he had 13... not 7.