Looking For Ny Small Ball Players

I don't know where to post this on FCP, so I thought I come here. I'm basically looking for a couple of poker players who practice the small ball philosophy to chat with on a frequent basis about hand histories, hands recently played live, ideas, strategies, the works. I believe this would benefit both parties in becoming better poker players. Send a PM to me with contact info.

Look, a poker forum where people discuss strategy for pretty much all games at all levels! Let's see if I can find someone local to meet up with and limit my exposure to information...Seriously, just get involved in the site, especially the strategy forum and challenge threads in General Poker. You'll meet people and learn. It's a great community, and even if you never meet anyone face to face, you'll learn a ton.

i agree that forums are great for learning but sitting in front of a computer all day can get exhausting. sometimes its cool to talk face to face with someone about poker. and if you don't know anyone i could see reaching out in a forum. gotta mix it up. forums and live talk.

Does anybody think the in depth sharing of poker knowledge is actually bad for the game? I know Doyle wrote Super System in the 70s and people got jazzed to play, but does anyone remember poker pre-2003?? You didn't have to be very poker smart at all. People just handed over their money. These forums have destroyed those wicked soft games. It takes a good amount of work just to be a struggling middle limit player now.Thoughts?

Does anybody think the in depth sharing of poker knowledge is actually bad for the game? I know Doyle wrote Super System in the 70s and people got jazzed to play, but does anyone remember poker pre-2003?? You didn't have to be very poker smart at all. People just handed over their money. These forums have destroyed those wicked soft games. It takes a good amount of work just to be a struggling middle limit player now.Thoughts?
When players evolve, styles must evolveOverall I still think the majority of players are losing players...Few people in proportion to the amount of players take advantage of info access, and even if they do; few take the next step in actually using the info and staying disciplined both with poker and also lifestyle. Actually I think the post 03 popularity of poker has brought more fish into the sea with the "learn from watching TV" and "anybody can do it" players.As for forums destroying the wicked soft games? I don't really think so, but that's just IMO.

Now what's wrong with discussing poker with someone in person. And it's also something I've wanted to do for a while. How many of the top players in the world have friends that they could discuss hands with and strategy with? Almost all if not all.

I don't see anything wrong with it, but I think what people are saying is that you can get a lot from forums where you don't actually "know" the people you're talking to. Like someone said above having a mix of people you talk to is a good idea. Just my opinion.