Serge's High Roller Playoff Pool 2009

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 point night. :ts Rich/Nell got 3 from Ovie, so we should be 2 points up.Opening up the gap a little, 11 points between 2nd and 3rd.
only 2 more games left for the penguin guys though.. :club:
naaaa
I think it would be foolish for anyone to say this series doesn't go at least 6 or 7.... and for the sake of great hockey, I hope it's seven.
I think it would be foolish for anyone to say this series doesn't go at least 6 or 7.... and for the sake of great hockey, I hope it's seven.
We agree on that one...
I am an Eric Staal fan. Get this guy on team Canada.
He will be there...

Gained another point on Nell/Rich with 3 points today. They got 2 from Edler.Canucks had a big day with 5. Serge got 1, I think.Should look something like:Zach/Gruven: 65Nell/Rich: 62Canucks: 52Serge: 50Biatch: 47

Gained another point on Nell/Rich with 3 points today. They got 2 from Edler.Canucks had a big day with 5. Serge got 1, I think.Should look something like:Zach/Gruven: 65Nell/Rich: 62Canucks: 51Serge: 50Biatch: 47
Canucks had 51 not 52, but other than that, correct. You know what's cool? We had a decent night last night, and I look today? We have NINE players playing :club:
Canucks had 51 not 52, but other than that, correct. You know what's cool? We had a decent night last night, and I look today? We have NINE players playing :club:
Yeah but they're all gay and might not get away from their 9 man orgy in time to play tonight, sorry :ts
Yeah but they're all gay and might not get away from their 9 man orgy in time to play tonight, sorry :club:
Naw, we don't have Savard, so there will be no man love tonight...

Pretty similar nights for Nell/Rich and Me/Gruven tonight.Each got 2 points in the Pens/Caps game (Crosby with 2, Ovechkin with 2).As I'm writing this, we both had 1 point in the Canes/Bruins game (Kobasew with 1, Staal with 1), but Ruutu maybe picked up an assist on the winner in OT. I think he should, so it should be one point gained by the bad guys.I was thinking, I wanted the Canes to win this series, but looking more at this pool, we've got Cole (1 point), Babchuk (0 points), Pitkanen (5 points), against Staal (10 points), Whitney (7 points), Ruutu (3 points), and Cullen (3 points). We've got the only Bruin in Kobasew, who has a few points. Getting rid of the Canes could be in our best interest. Looking at where the Bruins are located, the only team with a chance to catch the two of us would be Serge with Savard, Kessel, and Wheeler. The other big Bruins are buried on Alberto's last-place team. Maybe have to change my rooting interests a little.

Pretty similar nights for Nell/Rich and Me/Gruven tonight.Each got 2 points in the Pens/Caps game (Crosby with 2, Ovechkin with 2).As I'm writing this, we both had 1 point in the Canes/Bruins game (Kobasew with 1, Staal with 1), but Ruutu maybe picked up an assist on the winner in OT. I think he should, so it should be one point gained by the bad guys.I was thinking, I wanted the Canes to win this series, but looking more at this pool, we've got Cole (1 point), Babchuk (0 points), Pitkanen (5 points), against Staal (10 points), Whitney (7 points), Ruutu (3 points), and Cullen (3 points). We've got the only Bruin in Kobasew, who has a few points. Getting rid of the Canes could be in our best interest. Looking at where the Bruins are located, the only team with a chance to catch the two of us would be Serge with Savard, Kessel, and Wheeler. The other big Bruins are buried on Alberto's last-place team. Maybe have to change my rooting interests a little.
I concur with whatever indepth analysis Zach has done, and am now rooting for or against everyone/no-one. Zach is smarter than me when it comes to doing his homework. However, I'm cuter. Actually, the second part of that was a lie.

6-point lead now, and 18 points ahead of 3rd and 4th. :icon_eek:Huge night for Whitespade pulling himself into a tie for 3rd. He's got a big chance to jump into the money if Detroit gets through, and Hossa and Franzen stay hot.

10 point night. :icon_eek:Rich had a big one too, with 7 9.Considering there were 21 goals between the 2 games, I'm assuming there were some other big nights out there too.

Yessssssssssss. They took away a Kane assist, so only 8 points for Rich/Nell last night, and a 10 point lead for the good guys.I keep thinking about this Pens/Caps game 7. If the Caps win, he gets a red hot Ovechkin for a minimum of 4 more games, but probably a bunch more than that. To counter that, we get Fedorov and Kozlov (14 points combined to counter Ovy's 20), so it's not a super big deal at that point. But we also lose our best scorer in Crosby, a decent contributor in Kunitz, and the always awesome Tyler Kennedy. If the Penguins win, then he loses his biggest star, and we keep our biggest star. I think we're as close to a lock as possible if the Pens win game 7, and a bit of a dog if they don't.Going into the next round:Zach/Chris - Crosby, Kunitz, Kennedy OR Kozlov, FedorovRich/Nell - no Penguins OR Ovechkin, NylanderZach/Chris - Cole, Pitkanen, Babchuk OR KobasewRich/Nell - Staal, Whitney, Ruutu, Cullen OR no BruinsZach/Chris - Getzlaf OR no Red WingsRich/Nell - no Ducks OR no Red WingsZach/Chris - Havlat, CampbellRich/Nell - Kane, Sharp (lost Edler)It's really really going to be tight down the stretch if the Caps win out, I think. He has a decent edge with his Carolina players, so a Boston comeback could be a very good thing for our team. Getzlaf playing as many more games as possible is incredibly important to our team as well, so hoping real hard for the Ducks tonight. Our Hawks are pretty even with us having a slight lead in combined points, 22-21, so him losing Edler is the tipping point in that series. We've still got all 12 players left (although not for long), and he lost his 4th last night.Serge, I love this pool, so many interesting ways it can play out.Also, definitely don't want to count out the guys behind us, but with a 24 point gap between 1st and 3rd, I didn't feel like putting the effort into their comebacks just yet. :club:

So, after losing Ovechkin tonight (woooooooooooooooooooo!!!!), Thursday is a big day for this pool. If the Canes stay in, Rich and Nell will have a chance with Staal and Whitney; however, if the Bruins prevail, they're down to just 2 guys, and the title will be all but clinched for the super duo of Zach and Chris.

Big night for some teams.Serge really needs Boston to come through, while Whitespade can make a serious push for the top 2 if the Wings advance.Rich will be crippled if the Canes don't make it out of tonight, as well.Although we've already gotten more than we've expected from Getzlaf, getting him into the WCF would be a big boost to our title hopes. Bos/Car seems like a coinflip for us, but I think Boston winning is better for our chances at 1st.

Nell has lost the last of his players so it looks like Zach and Chris will take 1st with myself in 2nd. I've got 6 players going into the final but there appears to be too much ground to make up.