Stt Tough Decision On Bubble

Full Tilt Poker Game #11195576271: $5 + $0.50 Sit & Go (84181214), Table 1 - 100/200 - No Limit Hold'em - 20:53:45 ET - 2009/03/17Seat 1: Craigger589 (780)Seat 4: bossdu63 (2,380)Seat 5: pokercavy42 (3,175)Seat 6: danzman53 (7,165)Craigger589 posts the small blind of 100bossdu63 posts the big blind of 200The button is in seat #6*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to pokercavy42 [Qs As]pokercavy42 raises to 600danzman53 foldsCraigger589 foldsbossdu63 raises to 2,380, and is all inHero??notice craigger's stackbossdu is pretty tight....also would i have been better limping here or minraising UTG PF?

This is a really hard fold considering the range of hands you may be up against. It's a coin flip.....not meaning he has a lower pair but....a coinflip in the sense that it's a toss up on whether or not you are ahead. Now with that said...craigger does have less than 4bb left and if you fold you still are in pretty good shape so I think as the meta game plays it's a standard crying fold hoping craigger goes out in the next couple of hands (which he should). Also, my usual play here with this big a hand is to raise to the short stacks total. So I would have actually made it 800. Don't know if that would have changed things for me though. Depends on what mood I'm in. .lol

well i did make the fold considering it was probably KK or a smaller pair that I didn't need to risk a coin flip.....in the ensuing hands the big stack played so passive against the micro stack that he gave him some wiggle room...then of all the times to double him up, big stack calls with a gutshot after the flop...i became the short stack and with 5BB pushed on the button with A5s...of course craigger had to wake up with TT in the BB and I bubbled out.... :club:

Give a bit more time for replies...I snap call here. Pretty sure we're in a race and winning that race nearly guarantees us 2nd place or better money. Losing does not eliminate us and we can still back into the money.

Short handed, I'd say you could make a solid laydown. Strictly read-based on the shover, you need to look back at his tendencies.Safe play: Fold. Chances are you're dominated or racing and looking to catch up. Do you want to bubble based on a wtf call?

Give a bit more time for replies...I snap call here. Pretty sure we're in a race and winning that race nearly guarantees us 2nd place or better money. Losing does not eliminate us and we can still back into the money.
What range do you put the villain on, who has seen an UTG raise and pushes for his tournament life, all the while with a very short stack still in the mix?My loosest range is 88+ and AQ+. We can't be ahead of that.
What range do you put the villain on, who has seen an UTG raise and pushes for his tournament life, all the while with a very short stack still in the mix?My loosest range is 88+ and AQ+. We can't be ahead of that.
It depends on previous action. I'm probably projecting my own play into the situation....cuz If I was OP in this spot, I'd be raising into those blinds with just about ATC. Especially if the big stack was being a nit. If that's the case, I don't feel BB's range has to be that tight to come over the top. KQ+, 55+ You might even see suited aces down to 10.Somebody have ICM available? I think equity is important here. Taking this guy out really increases our equity...while losing does not eliminate us since we are left even with the other shorty. Taking that into account, going in knowing we are a 40/60 dog may still be worth it.

It's quite close actually. Really though, if you are raising with the intention of folding to aggression, raise less. Basically with STTs, most regs are raising 2.5x at 50/100+ so I definitely would have raised 500 here pre. As played though, I think either call/fold is okay. I'd probably fold with your read, call a LAG.

It's quite close actually. Really though, if you are raising with the intention of folding to aggression, raise less. Basically with STTs, most regs are raising 2.5x at 50/100+ so I definitely would have raised 500 here pre. As played though, I think either call/fold is okay. I'd probably fold with your read, call a LAG.
Thanks, I find myself in tough PF raising scenarios as far as wondering what is "correct" at this point in the STT but I will def be using the 2.5...according to an STT book I have "Secrets of SNGS"...i should be shove botting at this point but at these lower levels 5.50-1.25 ; i'm not really sure shove botting is most profitable especially on a shorter BR...seems like people will call with anything and the variance is just sickActually seems like I was better at these things (STT's and also MTT's) when I was a much worse player (around a year ago)...but just looking for a profitable change from grinding cash games...help please? lolAlso..my apologies for quick trigger posting the hand result... still learning forum etiquette
Thanks, I find myself in tough PF raising scenarios as far as wondering what is "correct" at this point in the STT but I will def be using the 2.5...according to an STT book I have "Secrets of SNGS"...i should be shove botting at this point but at these lower levels 5.50-1.25 ; i'm not really sure shove botting is most profitable especially on a shorter BR...seems like people will call with anything and the variance is just sickActually seems like I was better at these things (STT's and also MTT's) when I was a much worse player (around a year ago)...but just looking for a profitable change from grinding cash games...help please? lolAlso..my apologies for quick trigger posting the hand result... still learning forum etiquette
If you shove that hand from there, its a slight -ev play from an ICM standpoint. I think you still have room for a raise with your stack, but barely.And yes, variance is sick in the lower levels. I tend to go on sick highs and lows.