Las Vegas Trip Report - (long) Full Of Food And Poker

So, I left my trip report off at Thursday night before I hit dinner and Tao.Tao was awesome. We had a sick table with a ton of foot traffic, easily one of the best tables in the place. Big ups to an excellent host who really took care of our party. I showed up with some of my regular, non-poker Vegas friends, and we were later joined by MrTimCaum, Roothlus, and would run into Bryn Kenney, Jamie Rosen, Antonio Esfandiari, Andrew Robl, others. Was a solid night, we closed the club, I passed out instead of doing the normal rhino thing, and woke up Friday morning feeling halfway decent, surprisingly.Friday afternoon I took some meetings, then came back and took a nap. There was a large group of us meeting at XS, the new club at Encore, to check it out. I had booked a table on Wednesday, heard great things about it, and figured Friday night would be a good crowd. So, we show up at 10:45 on the dot - which is when we'd been asked to confirm the table - I speak to a host, she takes my ID and credit card. Totally standard so far, there's a huuuuge line outside of the place already (and it's early) so everyone is getting psyched. We're literally waiting outside 20 minutes before the host comes back out, looks at me, hands me my ID back and says they're refusing us service because they think my ID is fake.What?I know my ID is from the state of Maine, but come on. I said, after a pause, "Aren't you supposed to take it if it's fake?"She wasn't entirely sure what to say, so she sent over their head of security. None of us had been drinking yet, we're all dressed nicely, and there's an even-ish proportion of guys/girls - not that that matters, since we were paying for the table. The guy comes over and says, "Yeah, the ID just looks really flimsy. We can't take the risk.""Have you ever seen a Maine ID before?""To be honest we don't get that many of them.""Do you have an ID book, a scanner, or a phone? Call it in, scan it, whatever. It's a totally real ID, I just happen to be... living... in... Maine.""I'm sorry we can't take the ID. We showed it to like 14 people and they all think it's fake.""Okay, fine, how about this. I know that the guys who work at Tryst also work XS; we do a lot of clubbing and spending out here. I'll call my host - he's over at Tryst - and you guys can work it out?""If [name] comes and says he knows you and you're cool, we'll definitely let you in. And if that doesn't work, you can find security to verify your ID and come see us.""Okay, fine, that's reasonable enough."So, I call my host at Tryst. He comes by immediately, tells the guy we're totally cool, and is starting to walk us in before a 19 foot bouncer says that we still can't come in, because my ID is definitely fake. I relay to him the conversation I just had with his fellow goon, and he says he doesn't care. I sigh, I'm totally embarrassed in front of my friends and CO-WORKERS (**** you XS!), tell the bouncers that they've really embarrassed me and this situation is ridiculous, and we all leave. As an aside, I called in the next day, spoke to a manager and expressed my deep displeasure with how the situation was handled. I got a really long apology after the spoke to my host at Tryst, and the next time I come into XS everything is comped. So I'm going to bring a group of like 50 people and get Cristal and Dom, essentially giving them a big "**** you" for embarrassing me.We head over to the Wynn, hit up Stratta by the poker room for some late food and drinks. The food is good, the drinks are fine, we head over to Sapphires after that for a low-key night. Friend's girlfriend is our cocktail waitress, she takes care of us, and we settle in for lap dances and boobies. A co-worker of mine came out with us to Sapphires. I bought him a lap dance from the first hot girl I saw, and after she's done dancing, her friend comes over and sits next to her. They're both hot, non-stripper looking girls. We get to talking, it turns out they're from New York, in Vegas for a week, and they live in my friend's building (randomly) on the Upper West Side. Turns out the girl who had given the lapdance just had a horrific breakup with her boyfriend, immediately flew out to Vegas with her best friend from NYC, and they really wanted male attention so decided to try and strip. They end up hanging out with us for awhiiiiiile and just drinking.This was the first lap dance she had ever given (and been paid for), and I was actually inclined to believe her after talking to her and her friend more. Everyone exchanges numbers and there are plans to go out in New York when (if) we cross paths again. Get home, pass out, plan for Saturday.Saturday morning I hit up the poker room at Caesars. I immediately lose $2k in the 2/5 game getting horribly coolered with KK on an AsKs4h board against AA after he flatted my raise pre out of the big blind. I reload, play a bit more, can't get anything going, and then lose another $1k when I flop the nut flush and get in against bottom set, board pairs on the river. Sensing it's not really my day, I quit. I only have $1k left in my wallet before I have to go back to my room for more, and say, you know what? **** it. Let's go for it.I go to the blackjack table, get 1k in chips, and put $500 in two circles. I hit blackjack on one, get paid, and the next circle is 15 with the dealer's 6 showing. I stay, dealer has 16, hits a ten and busts. Ship it. I sit down to settle in, and I end up playing for a solid 2 hours, booking a 7k blackjack win. I tip out the dealers and floor, head back to the room. I shower, change, and go meet up some poker people at Picasso for dinner at the Bellagio. Some nosebleed players, some tournament pros, 7 of us total, really fun group that I like to do dinner with on the regular.Dinner was awesome; I had poached oysters with caviar, red bell pepper soup with a small deep fried "quail finger" -- think chicken finger, but quail - really interesting. Second course was a filet of sea bass, perfectly cooked, tender and delicious. My main course was deer, served with some weird tasting cheesy potato mixture that I wasn't a fan of. The deer was great, though, and dinner on the whole was fantastic. Had the wine pairing with the meal, and obviously got drunk. Dessert was the richest chocolate cake I've had in a long time, and you could have rolled me out of there. We rouletted for the meal, I obviously didn't lose because I run so good at roulette, and got a free dinner at Picasso :club: The last time I "lost" roulette was at a restaurant called Masa, dinner was in the mid 4 figures, but I paid that without roulette because I had dragged everyone there. Since then, I have probably eaten something like 20k worth of free meals in the past 8 months without losing. Good karma, maybe!Went to Rain on Saturday night, Paul Oakenfold was DJing. The place was crazy, but the vibe wasn't the standard vegas clubby vibe. We had a table, bottle service, and I ended up leaving early (2:30ish?) because I wasn't feeling so hot and cut myself off before I got way, way too drunk. Responsibility for the win! Got some sleep, woke up Sunday, played a ton of poker and made some money. Sunday night was a room service night, just watched a movie and slept in again.Checked out Monday, checked by bags at the bell desk at Caesars (where I was staying) and headed over to the Wynn. My flight was at 11PM est, I had a full day to kill, so I went to say hi to people that were playing the 10k. Ran into some old pokerwire people who I was really excited to see, grabbed a quick bite, then played some cards at the Wynn. Ended up winning a ton in the 1/3 game that was so hilarious. I played 100% of hands, and I was making ridiculous overbets the entire time. I was in the game for $1200, and I ended up leaving with like 3.5k after playing for 4 hours.Case in point, I raise 72o to $19 from UTG. 3 callers, button makes it $60, I flat, everyone else calls. Flop is K-2-3, I instashove for like $1900 (he has $500ish) and he calls with AK but forgets to win when I hit another 2 on the turn. One fun hand I'm in the big blind, UTG makes it $15 (I had won every pot I played against him with random shit), 7 people call, I raise to $704, 2 people call all-in. I have AA and hold. A few hands earlier, I had 3-bet over a raise and 4 callers. I had 92ss, someone made it $20, 3 people called, I made it $690, they all folded, I showed. I started betting 4x pot with bluffs and the nuts, got caught a few times, but the one hand that I won made up for all of them and then some.I open raise KsKc from MP to $40 (lol), button, sb, bb all call. Button has $650ish, sb has $120 (lol), BB has $300ish and is brand new to the table. Button plays every hand I raise and is horrendously bad, making hero calls with J or Q high that are laughably bad. Anyway, I flop quads on the KKT board, the blinds check to me and I bet $1262. Button instacalls me with QJ and forgets to have any chance at winning the pot. There were so many fun hands like that as I basically did the same thing in every hand, and literally did not fold preflop the entire time I was sitting at that table. So much fun.I flew back, got in this morning, and randomly got a free bump to first class after I was planning on paying the seat upgrade. The attendant waived me off, said, "No charge, thanks for being patient with me while I looked everything up." Ship that. Back home, about to take a nap and order some food. Great trip, probably headed back (to Vegas) on Monday. I wanted to meet up with a couple guys that were out there, but my phone was being sketchy for awhile and never was able to connect. Next time, for sure!

awesome read...Was the ID really fake? If not why are they giving you such a hard time..I love the" they forgot to win " line.

awesome read...Was the ID really fake? If not why are they giving you such a hard time..I love the" they forgot to win " line.
Hilarious that " they forgot to win!"
No, totally real, I was laughing at the situation's absurdity. I feel like they might have oversold the tables, and since this was our first time at XS, catered more to others than to us. :rolleyes:I've heard such good things about the place, though, that I really want to go anyway, even after this fiasco.
No, totally real, I was laughing at the situation's absurdity. I feel like they might have oversold the tables, and since this was our first time at XS, catered more to others than to us. :rolleyes:I've heard such good things about the place, though, that I really want to go anyway, even after this fiasco.
damn dude. Go back this weekend!Standard Seth trip, balla style. Nice comeback at the BJ.I talked to JC about Yellowtail and he said it was not very good. You seemed to like it. What's your fave sushi place there these days (other than Nobu).
damn dude. Go back this weekend!Standard Seth trip, balla style. Nice comeback at the BJ.I talked to JC about Yellowtail and he said it was not very good. You seemed to like it. What's your fave sushi place there these days (other than Nobu).
I actually didn't like Yellowtail at all when I went.When I go for sushi in vegas these days, it's Okada or Naked Fish.

God I hate you so much!Can't you just take me with next time? You run so good it makes me sick.Well, except XS obv.... but when you go back, I want in.How does First week of June sound? :club:

Like ANYBODY really lives in Maine,
Whatever, like you were even there! :club:
Was this aimed at me or Seth? Because if it was aimed at me you don't want to start. I might have to go back to XS and punch some midgets.
Was this aimed at me or Seth? Because if it was aimed at me you don't want to start. I might have to go back to XS and punch some midgets.
LOL was just messin with Seth. I got so pwned by the I'll call you back then the 'my phone was messed up' line, but whatever, that's OK!I had more fun hanging out with Annie Duke, Joe Navarro and Lon McEachern anyways!!! :club::ts
LOL was just messin with Seth. I got so pwned by the I'll call you back then the 'my phone was messed up' line, but whatever, that's OK!I had more fun hanging out with Annie Duke, Joe Navarro and Lon McEachern anyways!!! :club::ts
****ing XS. Seriously....**** Encore.
I open raise KsKc from MP to $40 (lol), button, sb, bb all call. Button has $650ish, sb has $120 (lol), BB has $300ish and is brand new to the table. Button plays every hand I raise and is horrendously bad, making hero calls with J or Q high that are laughably bad. Anyway, I flop quads on the KKT board, the blinds check to me and I bet $1262. Button instacalls me with QJ and forgets to have any chance at winning the pot. There were so many fun hands like that as I basically did the same thing in every hand, and literally did not fold preflop the entire time I was sitting at that table. So much fun.I flew back, got in this morning, and randomly got a free bump to first class after I was planning on paying the seat upgrade. The attendant waived me off, said, "No charge, thanks for being patient with me while I looked everything up." Ship that. Back home, about to take a nap and order some food. Great trip, probably headed back (to Vegas) on Monday. I wanted to meet up with a couple guys that were out there, but my phone was being sketchy for awhile and never was able to connect. Next time, for sure!
my favorite part of the story
:(I got this iPhone and it's been dying on me like crazy. If it didn't die after an hour of use, it'd be the perfect phone<3 u
:(I got this iPhone and it's been dying on me like crazy. If it didn't die after an hour of use, it'd be the perfect phone<3 u
Is this typical of iPhones, shitty battery life, etc?