the pacing is way too fast. but thats always a problem with network shows. i'm only watching for Ian McShane.
i'm giving them a break on that, since it is the pilot and they have to make it clear that they have at least a season or two worth of plot. i think that they accomplished that, even if it seemed a little bit forced at times.mcshane is the shit. i swear he was doing straight-up swearengen in that scene over breakfast in the kitchen, with the chicken and the egg, etc. i was waiting for the "cocksucker," but it never came. there's a bait here.
i'm giving them a break on that, since it is the pilot and they have to make it clear that they have at least a season or two worth of plot. i think that they accomplished that, even if it seemed a little bit forced at times.mcshane is the shit. i swear he was doing straight-up swearengen in that scene over breakfast in the kitchen, with the chicken and the egg, etc.
what pisses me off is that this show could be absolutely amazing. i love the premise and i love Ian McShane as King. but on network tv they will dumb it down and sensationalize everything. put this show on HBO or Showtime and get some good writeres in there and this thing is a fucking masterpiece. as is, its an entertaining time waster.
what pisses me off is that this show could be absolutely amazing. i love the premise and i love Ian McShane as King. but on network tv they will dumb it down and sensationalize everything. put this show on HBO or Showtime and get some good writeres in there and this thing is a fucking masterpiece. as is, its an entertaining time waster.
i'd say give it a couple weeks. there's a lot of good stuff to work with here, and it's not like anything is on on sunday nights.
i'd say give it a couple weeks. there's a lot of good stuff to work with here, and it's not like anything is on on sunday nights.
oh, i'm gonna keep watching. probably all the way until its cancelled mid next season. i just like to complain sometimes.
Watch Breaking Bad on AMC.So I watched this show, and I liked it a lot. Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled. My favorite character was "The Reverend." I still don't know who "his people" are, or if he is a pope like figure or something, he just seemed badass.There were some cheesy moments though which I will try to ignore.

Like when the kid crossed enemy lines when his brother died. They would have blasted the shit out of him in real life. His country went back on the peace treaty, so why should the "Gath's" show any mercy towards him?

Also, the neglected son overthrowing dad storyline has been done too many times. Lets see what they do with this, or if the hero character (forgot his name) gets in the son's way.

Am I the only one still watching this? Well another good episode I thought.All the secretive stuff is starting to get on my nerves though. Like what was up with the guy that had all the gold? And who were the people in the picture that the King tore in half? What is the daughter's vow that she made that makes it so she can't see Shepard? What does the Reverend do? So many weird stuff that doesn't seem like it is going to be answered in the near future.

Watched like half of the pilot and I guess was just too dumb to follow what was going on. If it does become a good show I'll probably end up watching it when it comes out on DVD which is what usually end up doing with great shows.I'm just starting Season 3 of Lost on DVD.By the way anyone know where I can watch Breaking Bad online. I like the premise of the show but would like to start watching from the beginning instead of watching it mid-season.

By the way anyone know where I can watch Breaking Bad online. I like the premise of the show but would like to start watching from the beginning instead of watching it mid-season.
I'll keep on the lookout for it. If nobody can find it for you it would be worth the rent, the 1st season is on dvd. I got lucky and watched the whole 1st season for free on demand, but they took season 1 off the menu when season 2 started. Once you watch season 1 If you or anyone you know have on demand, all the season 2 episodes are free on there.For an interesting connection between the shows, I think the General from Gath on Kings was the same character that played Tuco's grandpa on Breaking Bad. If not, they sure looked alike. But back to Kings, it doesn't sound like this show is getting ratings, I wonder what the Nielsens are like. I really hope they don't cancel it because I really enjoyed the first 2 episodes.

The princess on this show is pretty damn hot. I'm thinking this show is done after 1 season now, the plot is starting to get lame. I think it would be better with more war scenes. I'm guessing the show doesn't have enough budget for that though.

Am I the only one still watching this? Well another good episode I thought.All the secretive stuff is starting to get on my nerves though. Like what was up with the guy that had all the gold? And who were the people in the picture that the King tore in half? What is the daughter's vow that she made that makes it so she can't see Shepard? What does the Reverend do? So many weird stuff that doesn't seem like it is going to be answered in the near future.
They are trying to do WAY too much early on. Its killing the show (which I like overall). This show can be very confusing.The guy with the gold: he was obviously a former political rival of Silas (perhaps the king/head of some of the land in the territory of the current kingdom) and they had a power struggle and Silas won. Everyone thinks he (bad guy from X-Men 2) is dead but Silas keeps him under 24 hour lock and key for his own reasons. Obviously, when Silas needed gold this came in handy.The reverend is the spiritual head of the nation and clearly very influential. He worked hand in hand with Silas in the past but now wants nothing to do with Silas and is openly working against him in his own way. This show seems to have some serious religious undertones with the living crown and all that.I cant remember the part with the picture. I assume we dont know the princess' vow yet. This show has so much potential.....the brother-in-law character (head of Cross-Gen) has so much potential (even the king always answers to somebody). But they have SO much going on every episode that it bogs down the show. There is a plot to usurp the king which involves his son and his brother in law (who heads a vast military-industrial corporation which dominates the country like if General Dynamics, Halliburton, Lockheed and Boeing all combined into one super company). There is a fresh faced soldier who is inspiring people. There is Silas' bastard kid and his mother who he actually loves. There is the tension between the prince and Sheppard. Tension between Sheppard and the princess. Tension between the Reverend and Silas. There's a war. they introduced some old rival out of the blue.TOO MUCH STUFF!
They are trying to do WAY too much early on. Its killing the show (which I like overall). This show can be very confusing.The guy with the gold: he was obviously a former political rival of Silas (perhaps the king/head of some of the land in the territory of the current kingdom) and they had a power struggle and Silas won. Everyone thinks he (bad guy from X-Men 2) is dead but Silas keeps him under 24 hour lock and key for his own reasons. Obviously, when Silas needed gold this came in handy.The reverend is the spiritual head of the nation and clearly very influential. He worked hand in hand with Silas in the past but now wants nothing to do with Silas and is openly working against him in his own way. This show seems to have some serious religious undertones with the living crown and all that.I cant remember the part with the picture. I assume we dont know the princess' vow yet. This show has so much potential.....the brother-in-law character (head of Cross-Gen) has so much potential (even the king always answers to somebody). But they have SO much going on every episode that it bogs down the show. There is a plot to usurp the king which involves his son and his brother in law (who heads a vast military-industrial corporation which dominates the country like if General Dynamics, Halliburton, Lockheed and Boeing all combined into one super company). There is a fresh faced soldier who is inspiring people. There is Silas' bastard kid and his mother who he actually loves. There is the tension between the prince and Sheppard. Tension between Sheppard and the princess. Tension between the Reverend and Silas. There's a war. they introduced some old rival out of the blue.TOO MUCH STUFF!
like i said, if this show was on HBO/Showtime it would be so good. so freaking good.

I'm starting to get a better feel for the characters. It seems like after this week Silas is ****ed. Too many people close to him are trying to overthrow him.

You... can't remember name of the character that slays Goliath? Hint: rhymes with "David."
Wow you are so ****ing smart. I made that post after the 1st show. I know David slays Goliath, I wasn't aware that this was what the show was about. I forgot the name of the character in the show, not who slays Goliath.Also it has been kind of obvious even for those who don't know the David vs. Goliath story that David Shepard is going to eventually become king. If that wasn't the case there would be no point for his character in the show. He just ends up saving the day at random spots in each episode. In the 1st episode it was the tank, next it was stopping the leader from Gath when he was driving away, this week was saving the princess.
I'm starting to get a better feel for the characters. It seems like after this week Silas is ****ed. Too many people close to him are trying to overthrow him.
yeah, as soon as they can get Ian McShane off, the better. guy def isnt the only reason to watch this thing. i'm sure he'll fall real soon.
yeah, as soon as they can get Ian McShane off, the better. guy def isnt the only reason to watch this thing. i'm sure he'll fall real soon.
You reek of sarcasm. It just seems like he is screwed on the show, even if he does get overthrown I bet he doesn't die so they can keep McShane on the show. They will drag it on until people stop watching though.
yeah, but perhaps you're not familar with the story of King David.. Silas, in theory at least, shouldn't be long for the world.
yeah, but perhaps you're not familar with the story of King David.. Silas, in theory at least, shouldn't be long for the world.
Well David hasn't been exiled yet so I imagine there is still a little time left for Silas to be around. If this were HBO I'd imagine him being killed at the end of the second season but since it is NBC who won't commit to a show without ratings they will probably try to tie everything together quickly so I'd imagine him dead in about 4 episodes.