• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol @ what fcp's become
im sure your joking as most people just give me shit on this forum.but if your not, ill adress your comment anyway.you know that saying , "those who cant do, teach" im sure it also works that "those who can do, arent always good teachers"im pretty sure i fit second bill here. at least for teaching by printed word. my teaching would definitely have to be in person, and not always about specific ways to play hands. mostly about other stuff. and i wouldnt charge people.non poker stuff that does translate to better focus, health, stamina, mood, etc, all which in turn helps most every aspect of your life, including poker - getting your life in order, controlling any vices and not letting them get in the way of your success- becoming a better person, helping others, charity etc.. cuz in poker alot of times you can feel like your not adding much positive to the world.- id personally suggest reading the bible from start to finish, it can help in nearly every aspect of life, and it least if u choose not to believe after that, you have given your self the chance to decide from the best reference/teacher of religion - being in good health, excercise, etc..- playing when rested, not playing when hungry, playing longer when your up, shorter when your down.- the poker strategy books are ok, but even better are the poker books not necessarily about how to play hands, like ace on the river, zen and the art of poker, tournament poker and the art of warpoker stuff i would suggest to improve- online as practice, play some money sngs and even multis with your holecards covered, until at the end of a hand you do decide to fold, you can peek after that decision but before you click fold, to make sure you dont have 3-J which may make a boat. this strategy is to help with your reading of your opponents, as that is really the only info you have to go on. it also helps teach you even more about position and what to do with it. you know how blind people have some other senses heightened sometimes, like their hearing? its like that with this practice. your senses of reading other people are almost forced to be hightened due to taking away your ability to know your cards. how many times have u seen someone raise in front of you, thought to yourself, i know what they got, they got junk or whatever, but then when you look down at 2-3 and you fold anyway, cuz your cards just arent good enuff? now with this style you can make those plays.- the main ingredient in poker over the longterm is this: everyone gets winning hands, everyone gets losing hands over time, the key is, get more chips from your opponents on your winners, and give away less chips on your losers. - deception is also key. playing straightforward abc is cool if u play poker as a casual hobby, but will never take u to the next level.- learn and play the other games. ive learned so so many lessons from FL games that definitely can transfer to NL holdem. from general strateegy to reading people to saving and gaining extra bets.- practice different styles, keep adjusting and learning. unless you are crazy successfull from start to finish of your poker career, try out different ideas, styles for practice to see if they help or hurt.- dont assume that online poker is the end-all baromoter of being a winning poker. take your game to live tournies. 15minute blind levels and not seeing your opponents are not the way teh real game is. dont assume that you can alway make a living off of online play. treat is as a temporary stepping stone to get to the live games.
gee thanks, Ill def have to look into all that