I'm interested in making money, I'm not going to have a heart attack every time someone starts a dumb thread though.
Cool, can you link me to the non-dumb threads that are either remotely interesting or have some potential to either make me money, or allow me to help others make money, that have been created in the past week?
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested in making money, I'm not going to have a heart attack every time someone starts a dumb thread though.
Even though I'm guilty of bumping a few threads recently, lately there hasn't been as much strat talk as before. Alot of dumb stuff has been going on, which is ok, but to a certain extent.ETA: And this has absolutely nothing to do with the Mods, tbh. They do a great job, even that hillbilly. :club:
Cool, can you link me to the non-dumb threads that are either remotely interesting or have some potential to either make me money, or allow me to help others make money, that have been created in the past week?
no sorry. I usually just post in the entertainment forum. I'm a reality TV betting pro, so I'm over there betting on Survivor. Go Debbie!But seriously, if there is a useful post or thread over here I will read it. I agree that there has been a lot of dumb stuff lately though so I understand some of the complaints. I still don't think people should sweat over a lot of the dumb stuff though. Chgocubs if you start a useful thread, I will post in it and try to give you a useful reply. Even though I'm not good at poker.

zzzz

You should tell Looshle to quit bumping old threads, so he can start making money?
I don't care about the bumping, really. It just shows there's nothing worthwhile to read on here. What bothers me is when people say "the internet is serious bizness!" and post cat pictures or whatever. The fact that people get offended when someone here takes something seriously is part of the reason why all the good players just left. No one wants to learn or get better, so the few people that do just give up after awhile. Then they occasionally complain about it, and the ones that don't want to get better go "QUIT BEING SO SERIOUS!"
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOL
I don't care about the bumping, really. It just shows there's nothing worthwhile to read on here. What bothers me is when people say "the internet is serious bizness!" and post cat pictures or whatever. The fact that people get offended when someone here takes something seriously is part of the reason why all the good players just left. No one wants to learn or get better, so the few people that do just give up after awhile. Then they occasionally complain about it, and the ones that don't want to get better go "QUIT BEING SO SERIOUS!"
Quit being so serious.Anyone that plays poker for more than just a hobby knows there are better places to improve your game than on this site. The fact that the "OMGSerious" players get angry when someone bumps a humorous thread is just as bad as the idiots that bump them and post cat pictures about it (no offense Qyaiquii).
I don't care about the bumping, really. It just shows there's nothing worthwhile to read on here. What bothers me is when people say "the internet is serious bizness!" and post cat pictures or whatever. The fact that people get offended when someone here takes something seriously is part of the reason why all the good players just left. No one wants to learn or get better, so the few people that do just give up after awhile. Then they occasionally complain about it, and the ones that don't want to get better go "QUIT BEING SO SERIOUS!" LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOL
See, I don't get why it has to be an either/or thing. I dont' get why people either have to try get better or try to have fun. Why is having fun mutually exclusive with trying to win? Also, why do people care if people bump threads? What on earth does it hurt? The answer is, as always, don't read the bumped thread if you don't like bumping.Re: why serious players have left. I don't think it was thread bumping. And I also don't think it was because people were having fun. I think it was many of the good players would get harassed by randoms. Like it or not, ccubs, this forum ( Gen poker and FCP as a whole) is not a hardcore poker strat forum. There is a lot of good poker strat talked here ( or was, till very recently), but it's also an extremely social forum. IT just is, and going all Grinch on people isn't going to change it.
See, I don't get why it has to be an either/or thing. I dont' get why people either have to try get better or try to have fun. Why is having fun mutually exclusive with trying to win? Also, why do people care if people bump threads? What on earth does it hurt? The answer is, as always, don't read the bumped thread if you don't like bumping.Re: why serious players have left. I don't think it was thread bumping. And I also don't think it was because people were having fun. I think it was many of the good players would get harassed by randoms. Like it or not, ccubs, this forum ( Gen poker and FCP as a whole) is not a hardcore poker strat forum. There is a lot of good poker strat talked here ( or was, till very recently), but it's also an extremely social forum. IT just is, and going all Grinch on people isn't going to change it.
This is a fair post.
It's been like a week, let it go, next week there'll be a new fad, like 4 betting threads light or rail threads for 180's.Cyclical man, it's all cyclical.
Or 4 Bet Bluffing threads? wait isnt there.... nevermind
Nice post. You are better at getting your point across then I am. How much would it cost for me to have you proof read or completely change all my posts?

i think you guys reallly reallly realllllly misunderstood my post.I love it when people bump a good funny thread.... but 90% of whats been bumped... mainly by rcooj7 or whoever that is... are just absolutely retarded and noone cares.I quit taking genpo on fcp seriously a long time ago... but some people on here are just absolute retards who think they're cool cuz they've bumped an old thread for the 16th time today... its stupid and not funny.And actually, even teh quality of worthwhile threads to read has diminished a TON. The whole front page is just littered with really really really stupid threads (like this one) and the countless worthless bumps just make it alot worse. /rant.

And actually, even teh quality of worthwhile threads to read has diminished a TON. The whole front page is just littered with really really really stupid threads (like this one) and the countless worthless bumps just make it alot worse. /rant.
I agree with your points about the bumps.As for the worthless threads, you definitely don't help things by starting other really really really stupid threads. For examples look at post #13 in this thread.
i think you guys reallly reallly realllllly misunderstood my post.I love it when people bump a good funny thread.... but 90% of whats been bumped... mainly by rcooj7 or whoever that is... are just absolutely retarded and noone cares.I quit taking genpo on fcp seriously a long time ago... but some people on here are just absolute retards who think they're cool cuz they've bumped an old thread for the 16th time today... its stupid and not funny.
Well, far be it from me to discourage the flaming of retards, I think its our moral duty to do so. I was more addressing my post to CCub's Serious Grinchness posts. Carry on with the retard burning.
I don't care about the bumping, really. It just shows there's nothing worthwhile to read on here. What bothers me is when people say "the internet is serious bizness!" and post cat pictures or whatever. The fact that people get offended when someone here takes something seriously is part of the reason why all the good players just left. No one wants to learn or get better, so the few people that do just give up after awhile. Then they occasionally complain about it, and the ones that don't want to get better go "QUIT BEING SO SERIOUS!" LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOL
I think you have the serious cat mixed up with the sarcasm cat. If this ridiculous thread didn't need a serious cat I don't know what does.