March Madness 2009

I'm really surprised that Memphis' coach just took the job at Kentucky. Really surprised.
Its not that surprising. Calipari just went from the Conference USA to basketball royalty. Win a title there and he gets to be a god for life in Lexington.Plus, they threw money at him. Bottom line and all that. 5 mil per year makes him the highest paid coach in college bball.Kind of a no brainer, imo.
  • Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not that surprising. Calipari just went from the Conference USA to basketball royalty. Win a title there and he gets to be a god for life in Lexington.Plus, they threw money at him. Bottom line and all that. 5 mil per year makes him the highest paid coach in college bball.Kind of a no brainer, imo.
Bolded: Tell that to Tubby Smith.8 years 31.6 Mil isn't 5 mil a year, it's not even 4.Kentucky has one of the most retarded fan bases in sports, but Calapari is the right kind of guy to handle the situation I think. I do agree with Vitale that any kids he recruited for this coming season at Memphis shouldn't be allowed to go to Kentucky unless they wanna sit out a year.
Should be a better game than last time.
It would be hard for it not to be.What's the deal with all this MSU is playing for the state of Michigan because the state needs some good news blah blah blah? Wouldn't half the state hate an MSU win because they're Michigan fans?I liked Roy Williams' comments regarding that storyline.
What were they? I haven't seen any of the press conferences.
I think this is it. (I can't listen right now.)

UNC win all 6 games easily. Yawn. Guess they got the kinks out of their system during ACC play.Mich State had a really nice run. Nice for Detroit to have something good to watch.