March Madness 2009

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In one of my brackets we pick the winner round by round and I'm having a tough time between Arizona St. and Syracuse, any advice?
ASU
I love this tournament. Two awesome overtime games to end the night.
The Wisc game was unwatchable. The Ohio St Siena game was good, even though there were only 2 players on the court worth a damn. Also the defensive awareness at the end of the 2nd half and overtimes was atrocious.The officiating in this tournament is so bad.
In one of my brackets we pick the winner round by round and I'm having a tough time between Arizona St. and Syracuse, any advice?
I like 'Rizo St. It's probably pretty close to a pick'em, though. As much as I hate Syracuse, they've been playing great lately. Gimme 'Rizo, though, especially since it's a great place to pick up equity AND differentiation.Wang

Definitely pick Syracuse.-ASU only led temple by 5 with 2 minutes to go. Not very impressive.-ASU did not play their bench at all against temple. Against good teams they are more likely to wear down. They'll have to pray for no foul trouble.-ASU is only 5-4 in their last 9 games.-Syracuse is 8-1 with 3 wins over ranked teams. Also, their one loss was absolutely unwinnable. They were playing louisville on their 4th straight day of basketball and 7 overtimes. Yet they were still competitive.

My notes from each gameSyracuse/SFA- Missed the first 10 minutes of the first half. If the Cuse played someone worth a shit, they'd lost. Cuse turned it over 21 times.ASU/Temple- Mr. Christmas is sick. Did force up a few too many shots though. Harden got handled, had like 5 shots blocked. Really don't know why they didn't let Glasser have more shots, looked like a stud from behind the arc. Pendergrap probably had the best game. Did what he needed to do when in crucial moments of the game. Also, refs kind of gave this game to ASU towards the end.Utah/Arizona- Holy christ I've never seen a team play a game like Utah tried too. Rushed way too many shots, maybe had 5 possessions the whole game where the shot clock got to under 10 seconds. Arizona played better, but still is very inconsistent. Wake Forest/Cleveland St.- Probably the game I looked forward to the most. I wanted to get Cleveland St. and I wasn't disappointed. CSU started up 9-0 and never looked back. Looked like they wanted to be there and Wake just had a "couldn't care less" game.Overall-Excited for Sunday's game. Feel like they'll be way better than the ones today.

I love this tournament. Two awesome overtime games to end the night.
I thought CBS did a great job going back and forth so we could watch both the games. If I went to one of those schools though I'd probably be on major tilt lol.
I thought CBS did a great job going back and forth so we could watch both the games. If I went to one of those schools though I'd probably be on major tilt lol.
Ok but...seriously...can a brother get some fucking split screen?
ncaa.com use the live feed
It's not very live, delayed about 45 seconds usually. Which is sucky considering the actual live scores are at the top of the screen on TV.
I didn't get to watch any games today.
You missed a lot of blowouts...not very exciting games.
Finally some good finishes!
All of the wrong teams won though.

Duke and Texas ...actually a way better game that I thought it was going to be. It was obvious at the end that the ref's were going to make sure Duke got the win though.Gonzaga game was pretty good too.

USC/Wisconsin today please?
The opposite of this. Wanna bet 10 each on these games? (I posted in the betting/challenge thread in Genpop, take the bets there).
Dominic James will play todayFUCK!
i dont know, i like MU's chances against Marquette becuase they're starting point guard and team leader is out injured and they're not playing nearly as well as they were.
FUCK!
They lost one of their 2 best players to injury and have been playing barely 500 ball since then. Still a scary team with two good senior guards, but they lost a lot of outside firepower and depth.
FUCK!
Without their starting PG I don't see them making a deep run this year. A month ago I thought they were going to be a great final four pick with 3 senior guards all playing really well, now not so much. They are only playing .500 ball since James got hurt.
FUCK!GO MIZZOU!

I hate on the big 10 a lot (especially in football) but they are having a much much better tournament than I expected.Big East is dominant (Dayton is a good team and will give Kansas fits so cut WVU some slack).ACC is the clear disappointment.....the league seemed really strong but I think it got exposed. UNC is still great though. But Duke is not getting to the FF.

pretty sure james will not play many minutes, a mateen cleeves sort of thing.with that said i have mizzou winning the ship and ****
Mizzou wins with their press defense and James probably won't even be that effective
Please stop posting positive things about my Tigers, there is no way it can be a good thing for them. Ah, the life of a Mizzou fan, always waiting to be disappointed.And Byron Eaton is the man.
Definitely pick Syracuse.-ASU did not play their bench at all against temple. Against good teams they are more likely to wear down. They'll have to pray for no foul trouble.
Too bad I couldn't have used this psychic ability to pick against WVU and Wake Forest in my bracket.