Live 1-2 effective stacks are about $600. I raise to 10 from UTG+2 with K10c. I have a very tight image. 2 callers and the small blind calls. Small blind has been starting to play more aggressive since he got a stack, but i don't think he's been playing very well. Flop is QcJh3cChecks to me i bet 25, sb calls.Turn is the AdSb checks i bet 40 and he quickly raises 50 more. I think about it for a little while and put 100 on top. He says "I know you have K10" but calls pretty quickly anyway.River is the JcSb checks pretty quickly. He has ~260 left and there is ~470 in the pot. What do i do here? Also, what do you think about the turn reraise amount.

I don't know how he could put you on KT if you have been playing tight. Anyway, not really important.I might bet ~$30 otf. I'd like to get as much in as possible here on a great board for our hand and one that connects with caller's ranges too. Turn I bet more too, the pot is ~$90 yeah? I'd say $60-80 is better. A lot AJ, AQ hands will pay off. The r/r isn't too bad if you're trying to induce a shove from that kind of hand. But maybe an arguement can be made for shoving the turn, making it look like a draw. Idk. Villain's comment might slow me down as he may have a pretty big hand himself. AQ,AJ, AA, JJ, QQ, 33, AcXc. These would all be a struggle to lay down.The river is a gross card. You've went from the stone nuts to the 10th nuts. There's no amount you can bet/fold for so I don't think you can get value from a worse hand, he will only call if he's ahead. I'd check.

Live 1-2 effective stacks are about $600. I raise to 10 from UTG+2 with K10c. I have a very tight image. 2 callers and the small blind calls. Small blind has been starting to play more aggressive since he got a stack, but i don't think he's been playing very well. Flop is QcJh3cChecks to me i bet 25, sb calls.Turn is the AdSb checks i bet 40 and he quickly raises 50 more. I think about it for a little while and put 100 on top. He says "I know you have K10" but calls pretty quickly anyway.River is the JcSb checks pretty quickly. He has ~260 left and there is ~470 in the pot. What do i do here? Also, what do you think about the turn reraise amount.
Put it all in.

i bet 60 or more on the turn. remember playing 1-2 live is like playing the .01-.02 table. if he is playing more loose with the new addition of money to his stack then you have to put him on the flush draw. if you bet 60 and he raises 70 more (going with his theme) then you can easily avoid the river decision and just put him in on the turn with the current nuts.

Put it all in.
that river has to be a check all day everyday pairing the board and putting in the flush.
did that change? I mean the flush thingie? because I looked for that before my original post and didn't see it.besides, if I get raised on the turn, I'm reraising to like $200.
did that change? I mean the flush thingie? because I looked for that before my original post and didn't see it.besides, if I get raised on the turn, I'm reraising to like $200.
The reason i raised 100 more instead of 200 more is because i thought his range included a lot of 2 pairs and flush draws which i didn't want him to get rid of. I was hoping he'd call and try to draw to a boat or a flush. I think betting 200 makes him fold everything except for 33.
Live 1-2 effective stacks are about $600. I raise to 10 from UTG+2 with K10c.
Is that K :club: T :ts ? You made a flush?
I have a very tight image. 2 callers and the small blind calls.
Very generous of them.
Small blind has been starting to play more aggressive since he got a stack, but i don't think he's been playing very well. Flop is QcJh3cChecks to me i bet 25, sb calls.Turn is the AdSb checks i bet 40 and he quickly raises 50 more. I think about it for a little while and put 100 on top. He says "I know you have K10" but calls pretty quickly anyway.River is the JcSb checks pretty quickly. He has ~260 left and there is ~470 in the pot. What do i do here? Also, what do you think about the turn reraise amount.
The villain checking anything on the river with this line is passive/terrible. If you think he's passive/terrible, then check behind. Otherwise, bet.
Board: Qc Jh 3c Ad JcDead:  	equity 	win 	tie 		  pots won 	pots tied	Hand 0: 	56.522%	  56.52% 	00.00% 				13 			0.00   { KcTc }Hand 1: 	43.478%	  43.48% 	00.00% 				10 			0.00   { 33, AQs-AJs, AcTc, Ac9c, Tc9c, 9c8c, 8c7c, 7c6c, 6c5c, AQo-AJo }

Is that K :club: T :ts ? You made a flush?Very generous of them. The villain checking anything on the river with this line is passive/terrible. If you think he's passive/terrible, then check behind. Otherwise, bet.
Yeah i made a flush on the end. The way i played the hand i can easily have a boat on the river. If he called on the turn with Ax of clubs i think a check on a paired river is reasonable. I was thinking of just throwing out something small like 100 but if i get checkraised i hate my life and if i shove its going to be very hard for him to call with anything. I think it comes down to whether or not i think he'll checkraise to a bet of 100 and thats going to have to be a pretty small percentage to make the bet worth while.

I'm betting something on the river, even if its a miniscule amount...I hate checking and letting him dictate what you are going to be forced to call, I might bet a quarter of the pot and fold to a shove...I just hate to check in these spots.

I'm betting something on the river, even if its a miniscule amount...I hate checking and letting him dictate what you are going to be forced to call, I might bet a quarter of the pot and fold to a shove...I just hate to check in these spots.
Hero has position and the villain already checked. I don't think that's a good line.
Your opponent may have had :4h:club: .Quite possibly AQ.As played, I check the river. You aren't getting called by anything less than a flush. Most like a boat.
We have :ts. But I agree with the rest. Villain is never calling with worse here. He's already called our hand so it looks like he's trying to spring a trap.
We have :4h. But I agree with the rest. Villain is never calling with worse here. He's already called our hand so it looks like he's trying to spring a trap.
What do you think he might have here? If he has a set, why is lying there like a brown banana peel at the bottom of a waste basket on the flop? If he has A :club: X :ts , I think his turn raise is truly awful. (Not that some people wouldn't. I just don't like the small raise there that doesn't get much value but does re-open the betting.)
What do you think he might have here? If he has a set, why is lying there like a brown banana peel at the bottom of a waste basket on the flop? If he has A :club: X :ts , I think his turn raise is truly awful. (Not that some people wouldn't. I just don't like the small raise there that doesn't get much value but does re-open the betting.)
I agree about villains turn raise, but the bet sizing is wonky all the way through this hand so I'm going to assume that has been standard for the table.The thing that gets me is villain has called our hand, I think this is pretty important. He's done in it such a resigned way that it looks like a set or 2pr that can't fold even though he knows he's behind. Like "whatever, I know you have a straight but I have QQ and there's nothing I can do about it"He obviously hits gin on the river. He assumes we either have a flush or a straight and will bet it if he shows weakness but if he comes out firing his hand is face up and he doesn't get a dime out of us.I'm not saying that's good thinking but I'm trying to get into villain's mindset here.Fwiw I think he has QJ here. Maybe AQ.
The thing that gets me is villain has called our hand, I think this is pretty important. He's done in it such a resigned way that it looks like a set or 2pr that can't fold even though he knows he's behind. Like "whatever, I know you have a straight but I have QQ and there's nothing I can do about it"
This actually makes me think that he has KT himself. He's trying to take KT out of the range you are putting him on, and trying to make you feel safe betting your set/two pair. As weird as that seems, I've seen this at the live 1/2 tables on more than a few occasions. Typically, the player who calls out a potential big hand like this either has it destroyed already, or holds that hand. Since there are no hands that beat KT currently, makes me think he has KT. As mentioned in previous posts, I hate the bet sizes all the way through. I bet 30-35 on the flop, 70-75 on the turn. As played after his borderline minraise on the turn, I'm popping 200.As played on the river, I check behind. We're beaten by too much now, and there isn't much value in betting, as he is only calling with better.
Obviously didn't see where the SB checked but I like the sarcasm.
Obviously didn't see where the SB checked but I like the sarcasm.
Jack, I meant for my post to be completely literal. I save all my sarcasm for annoying know-it-alls. You are not one of them.
Just check. Villain always bets a boat, and if we're still ahead by the river we're getting paid off even less often since the board paired.
So you're putting him on exactly the nut flush? I think there's some value here against smaller flushes.
So you're putting him on exactly the nut flush? I think there's some value here against smaller flushes.
Seems like the OP made a point of noting how quickly the villain checked the river. So you're saying the villain's plan was to check any river, and he was so convinced on that plan that he really didn't hesitate for a second even though he made his flush?I know I answered your question with a question, but it's not so much that I put him on exactly the nut flush, more that it's difficult for mere humans to not pause for a second when they make a hand, even if they made it on the same card that paired the board. I really don't think we get a reasonable bet paid off by a lower flush when we're willing to bet again on a paired and flushed board.
Seems like the OP made a point of noting how quickly the villain checked the river. So you're saying the villain's plan was to check any river, and he was so convinced on that plan that he really didn't hesitate for a second even though he made his flush?I know I answered your question with a question, but it's not so much that I put him on exactly the nut flush, more that it's difficult for mere humans to not pause for a second when they make a hand, even if they made it on the same card that paired the board. I really don't think we get a reasonable bet paid off by a lower flush when we're willing to bet again on a paired and flushed board.
I see the merit of your argument but I think it applies equally to filling up. We don't really care about the times he would fold to our bet. It's a question of the ratio of times he calls with worse to the times he calls (or raises) with better. E.g., if he folds 90% of the time, calls our all-in bet with worse 7% and calls with better 3%, then we should bet.

I'm trying to figure out what to put this guy on... he's aggressive, but just flats pre? You have a tight image. Turn makes an ace, w/ 2 clubs on board... he calls the flop and makes a small raise on the turn... is he just trying to out play you? He says "I know you have king 10" then calls your rr? He checks the river... hmmm.... what calls 100 there, that would flat pre? A smaller flush draw? we have the Kc and 10c which kills any combo draws he might have.... I wish I had a chance to see him play more, so I know what kind of moves he tries to make or what he would flat a raise w/ pre... Often players that know they are seen as aggressive could flat AA there pre... For me, with so little info, I think we have to try and see his hand, so tackle him and flip his hand over then make your decision... lol... no, this is tough... b/c what does he call with that's beat, would he raise with a smaller flush and push us off the hand? I think this is almost more important than deciding what his 2 cards are, b/c his range is so wide with so little infor, and we got c/r ed on the turn, and flatted our rr out of position... I think this pot is big enough for me, let's check and make him show his hand, then dominate him the rest of the night...