Layne Flack Pulls A No-show

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just give you four reasons off the top of my head. 1. he's funny as hell2. he was around when the tv boom hit3. he fixed his teeth4. he has some seriously good mtt resultsOne thing you have to remember about poker players. They generally tend to be scumbags on and off the tables.
He always cracks me upbut his new teeth creep me out a bit
Actually... he is. It's a shame... he was so adorable.
Layne's a really nice guy, even to complete strangers. I've never seen him be rude to anyone, but he's pretty atrocious at the pokers.
I think what makes this guy so fascinating is that he is so multi-faceted. It is hard to say if it is because of the drugs and alcohol or if all of these facets draws him to drugs and alcohol.Mexi... that was just one of many clean-ups. Several years ago Daniel paid for one of Layne's rehab visits. Last Fall there was an article (I think in Cardplayer) how he cleaned his life up again. I met him once. He pretended he wasn't him... of course, I made this big deal.. "OMG! I am such a fan! etc.etc." Later on in the day he came over to me and started talking... he was really sweet. But when I said to him if you are not Layne then who are you, he stuttered, looked embarrassed and said "Tim." I just rolled my eyes and walked away. In hindsight, maybe I wasn't that nice to him. But anyway... he is definitely a character, has mad poker skills, is entertaining (I still think he is cute) but unfortunately has the worst demon of all to deal with... drug and alcohol addiction. And unfortunately, drugs and alcohol can make someone act like a douche.
I'm just wondering what his upside is? What does he bring to the table? He seems to have a gift for the $1500 PL events at the WSOP, but other than that, his results don't look like they are scoring him the invite. Now that Phil Laak is around, he doesn't bring anything new personality-wise...
Just because there are bigger characters out there doesn't make him any less apt for TV in the eyes of the producers. He's still more entertaining than a lot of people invited to the tournament for them.

this is off pokernewsUPDATE: Flack released a statement early on Saturday regarding the incident, which reads as follows:"I attended the Draw Party at Pure on Friday night and then met with my brother, who had flown into Vegas for Heads Up. I was under the impression that I was to play in the last bracket the next evening at around 8 pm. I was pulled over for speeding and refused a breathalyzer test as I have been instructed to do. I have no idea why I was written a ticket for failing to yield to an emergency vehicle. There were no emergency vehicles around, besides the police car. A test, given by the Las Vegas PD, later revealed that I had a blood alcohol content of zero. I also took a blood test, as I have nothing to hide. I was held for the mandatory six hours and released. I always go out of my way to not drink and drive. I regret that I was not able to play in NBC Heads Up and hope to be invited next year to play in this prestigious event."