Layne Flack Pulls A No-show

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure that it wasn't David Oppenheim that was missing and that Layne Flack just showed up in a very good "Oppenheim" costume?

Ozzum, do me a favor?Stop changing your sig or at least host the images from the same place. I seem to have to block it every few days. btw, nothing against the Steelers, but it's one of 30 that's just too big for me to scroll past.

oh man, this makes me want to find that fancy little puff piece they aired when he was winning that WPT tourney in Aruba about how he's straightened up and became a family man.DUI's can happen to anyone man

oh man, this makes me want to find that fancy little puff piece they aired when he was winning that WPT tourney in Aruba about how he's straightened up and became a family man.DUI's can happen to anyone man
LMAO!BTW...did u notice that he got 3 charges...DUI, Speeding over 20 MPH, AND Failure to yield to emergency vehicle!!! How WASTED do you have to be to get a ticket going OVER 20 mph WHILE not getting out of the way of an emergency vehicle???LOOOOOOOOOOL
How WASTED do you have to be to get a ticket going OVER 20 mph WHILE not getting out of the way of an emergency vehicle???
WHY YOU ASKIN' ME MAN? WHAT HAVE YOU HEARD?Yeah, he was probably gone.

Does anyone know why he is still popular (at least enough for the invitational HU event)? He had two big scores in the last year, but before that he had pretty mediocre results for 3-4 years. He doesn't strike me as having that great of a personality, maybe a lighter version of Phil Laak. AND when he does stuff like his recent arrest, the Raw Vegas negative pub, and the incident with coming to the table at the 50K HORSE I don't understand why he is getting so many chances. I think he is way more of a negative for the poker world that should be swept under a rug, instead of paraded into invitational events.

Does anyone know why he is still popular (at least enough for the invitational HU event)? He had two big scores in the last year, but before that he had pretty mediocre results for 3-4 years. He doesn't strike me as having that great of a personality, maybe a lighter version of Phil Laak. AND when he does stuff like his recent arrest, the Raw Vegas negative pub, and the incident with coming to the table at the 50K HORSE I don't understand why he is getting so many chances. I think he is way more of a negative for the poker world that should be swept under a rug, instead of paraded into invitational events.
Shit, if you sweep every poker player under the rug with addiction issues and checkered pasts, see how many people you have left.
well, layne does have 6 wsop bracelets. And honestly i don't know what it is but i love layne flack. He just seems cool as hell. Obv from his DUI. He just seems like a guy you would want to chill with. idk
Shit, if you sweep every poker player under the rug with addiction issues and checkered pasts, see how many people you have left.
I get this, but Flack is kind of a jackass. I'm tired of his overall act and this has little to do with his recent antics. I think he is an extremely childish, selfish person. I can't believe I took the time to type this, must be the Guinness.
Shit, if you only swept poker players under the rug with 'blah' personalities, 'meh' results, addiction issues and checkered pasts, you would still have 64 wonderful entrants for an invitational tourney.
I'm just wondering what his upside is? What does he bring to the table? He seems to have a gift for the $1500 PL events at the WSOP, but other than that, his results don't look like they are scoring him the invite. Now that Phil Laak is around, he doesn't bring anything new personality-wise...Lots of people debate the merits of the invitees, and so he is just another one to lump in there, I am just wondering what made them think of him AT ALL?? I could understand if it was 2003, but I'm surprised in 2009.Eh, saw a few posts above, the 6 bracelets probably keeps him in the loop forever. Didn't think of that.Edit: I always think they (poker media) look to "star" names far after they've diminished. I remember that they showed when Amarillo Slim would bust out on the Main Event coverage for something like 4 years after the Moneymaker boom just because people recognized the name. Meh....I'm just bent, and I HATE people who get DUIs for personal reasons.
I'll just give you four reasons off the top of my head. 1. he's funny as hell2. he was around when the tv boom hit3. he fixed his teeth4. he has some seriously good mtt resultsOne thing you have to remember about poker players. They generally tend to be scumbags on and off the tables.

I remember Layne saying something to the effect that he enjoyed the "bad boy" image of poker and was sick of tv trying to clean it up and make the players look like bankers. I always kind of liked that about him.