What Do You Think About This Play

what do you do?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. how to play it?

• check raise
    • check call
    • bet out
    • check fold

This is how I played it what would you do and why?PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha Hi/Lo, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comButton ($6.59)Hero (SB) ($9.55)BB ($5.16)UTG ($1.72)MP ($9.15)CO ($6.46)Preflop: Hero is SB with 10 :club: , A :D , K :ts , A :4h3 folds, Button calls $0.05, Hero calls $0.03, BB checksFlop: ($0.15) 5 :qh , A :3h , 7 :5c(3 players)Hero checks, BB checks, Button bets $0.15, Hero folds, 1 foldTotal pot: $0.15 | Rake: $0Results in white below: Button didn't showOutcome: Button won $0.15

I immediately thought this was a joke also, but after thinking I understand why you would consider a fold. I think I understand it like a freeroll in omaha hi. He probably has half the pot locked up with a lo and could be freerolling for hi with some sort of straight draw? I can see that argument.I vote at least see a turn though.

betting here is almost like semi-bluffing a gutshot in nlhe odds wise. you also don't get the pleasure of firing a second barrel if you are called. its also a very easy flop for an average button limper to call you down on. check/calling here unless one bets and you see them both call is like the dumbest thing ever.had you raised preflop of course this would be a whole different story. that said i dont always raise preflop here and i don't think you always should especially against bad opponents who will stack off dumb. if anybody who thinks he misplayed this hand so horribly and would care to explain why feel free.

would this be a fold in a limit game? Srs question from 0/8 noob.
unless you think they will all fold to a bet or call you down with worse highs and no lows you aren't losing anything by check/folding here because the pot is so small (assuming the same sort of action preflop in limit).
would this be a fold in a limit game? Srs question from 0/8 noob.
I don't play much PLO8, nor do I know much if any strategy content, but LO8 is one of my better games and the answer to your question is no. In LO8 most players will bet there with low sets and Aces up type hands, trying to both protect their own hand, and define their opponents, so you could be folding here having a virtual lock on the hand. You also don't want to be folding for metagame reasons, as good players will be able to exploit this, knowing you can't call under pressure without low back-up, and be able to push you off pots much easier. LO8 is much different then PLO8 as it is about jamming up pots to exploit small edges and increase your equity.
unless you think they will all fold to a bet or call you down with worse highs and no lows you aren't losing anything by check/folding here because the pot is so small (assuming the same sort of action preflop in limit).
I never mentioned this but under a few circumstances you can also represent a better low while holding the nut high, again in very rare cases it will work, with alot of history with your opponent. This should usually be a call down unless your opponent loses the lead and you want to protect your hand from potenial worse highs (flush draws, gutshots etc) or as antistuff said you think your opponent will call you down with a worse hand. But again, for various reasons, I think you are losing something by folding here.
I never mentioned this but under a few circumstances you can also represent a better low while holding the nut high, again in very rare cases it will work, with alot of history with your opponent. This should usually be a call down unless your opponent loses the lead and you want to protect your hand from potenial worse highs (flush draws, gutshots etc) or as antistuff said you think your opponent will call you down with a worse hand. But again, for various reasons, I think you are losing something by folding here.
if the button limps and the blinds check the pot is 2.5sb. now minus the rake.how much can you really be missing?in actual play i would bet out, and if i got raised and it got HU i would call down and try my best not to pay off a low hand that drew out on me for high. in reality i would speculate there is very little difference at the end of the day between the two.

funny I only got one guy who didn't mind my play here, but 3 votes for how I played it. Wish there was some way to set up poll where people would have to vote b4 reading thread. This was not a misclick by any means. I could have tried to get tricky with the hand and check raise on the flop to rep the nut lo with a high hand or I think I could even check call hope a wheel card hits the board and bet the pot as if I hit the nutz figuring he got counterfeited and try to push him off. I just don't think there is enough in the pot to warrant getting "tricky" in this spot. As far as limit I play a lot of it as well. I would lead out for sure if that is what I was playing, but if all folds and I get 1 caller or worse 1 raiser I still might dump this hand in this position

if the button limps and the blinds check the pot is 2.5sb. now minus the rake.how much can you really be missing?in actual play i would bet out, and if i got raised and it got HU i would call down and try my best not to pay off a low hand that drew out on me for high. in reality i would speculate there is very little difference at the end of the day between the two.
except I'm risking nothing the way I played it other than my blind. P.S. I love all the guys who say "I h8 $ or waiting for a punchline". I know there def other ways to play it, but I think you should at least see merit in the way I chose to play it
I was referring to LO8 if your confused. For my above reasons, I do think you are losing something, because in LO8, your opponents can be betting with a wider range that you can beat for the high, when they have no low back-up.
I was referring to LO8 if your confused. For my above reasons, I do think you are losing something, because in LO8, your opponents can be betting with a wider range that you can beat for the high, when they have no low back-up.
i should have read your post more clearly that makes sense.
funny I only got one guy who didn't mind my play here, but 3 votes for how I played it. Wish there was some way to set up poll where people would have to vote b4 reading thread. This was not a misclick by any means. I could have tried to get tricky with the hand and check raise on the flop to rep the nut lo with a high hand or I think I could even check call hope a wheel card hits the board and bet the pot as if I hit the nutz figuring he got counterfeited and try to push him off. I just don't think there is enough in the pot to warrant getting "tricky" in this spot. As far as limit I play a lot of it as well. I would lead out for sure if that is what I was playing, but if all folds and I get 1 caller or worse 1 raiser I still might dump this hand in this position
its also funny nobody voted for bet out when that is clearly the second best choice.
its also funny nobody voted for bet out when that is clearly the second best choice.
Truly. I voted check/fold. It's the classic trap... sure, you got the nuts now, but any low is freerolling you. Leading out will earn you much more information, and possibly give you control of the pot. But with the pot size, c/f is the best option.
Truly. I voted check/fold. It's the classic trap... sure, you got the nuts now, but any low is freerolling you. Leading out will earn you much more information, and possibly give you control of the pot. But with the pot size, c/f is the best option.
who the hell are you where did you come from?member number 62!!! how do i not recognize your name thats funny.you should post in this subforum more we don't get enough traffic.

LOL Hi.. Name's Kendren. Been at another forum for the last few years. Still checked in here now and again... XXEddie knows of me, I think. Never been much of a strat poster, never felt my vast $5er and .25/.50 experience would help anybody. Thought I'd chime in on a couple questions here recently, though.I hope to chime in some more around here.. OH and O/8 have always been the redheaded stepchildren around here. Keep fightin the good fight!

without extra hitchhikers. this is def. a fold. This is also an excellent example of the kind of thinking one needs to improve their Stud8 game.But dear god, not raising preflop makes the baby jesus weep.

without extra hitchhikers. this is def. a fold. This is also an excellent example of the kind of thinking one needs to improve their Stud8 game.But dear god, not raising preflop makes the baby jesus weep.
that being my line, i actually just complete here more than you would expect. maybe its a mistake, but i feel like if i let the BB see a flop with trash he can hit just enough where my hand that has everything dominated for high can get a ton of chips from him. especially since the new cool thing to do is call down aggressive regs very light with like tptk to 3 barrels (i feel like it took them 3 years to catch on to me lol).