I bet Rush is too scared to take this challenge:http://eyesonthelies.com/2009/03/04/ron-pa...-on-the-issues/Or could it be that Rush doesn't really believe that public figures should have to accept all debate challenges thrown before them?
Ron Paul, he's kooky but I like him. Loved this part of the article:“I would ask him why doesn’t he stand up more for civil liberties and why doesn’t he explain why he supports the Patriot Act,” Paul said. “I would much rather talk about why Rush Limbaugh doesn’t support my position in looking into the Federal Reserve and being able to audit the Federal Reserve, now that is an important issue.”“He never said hardly boo against George Bush. He supported all that big spending. Did he complain about George Bush? Did he complain about all those wars that were going on that cause us so much trouble? So that’s the kind of issues that I want to talk about and I will be quite willing to challenge Rush Limbaugh on those issues.”Brvheart and Lois seem to think Rush was really hard on GWB. Ron Paul says not so fast, my friends.I would love to hear Rush's response....which means he will ignore it.
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron Paul, he's kooky but I like him. Loved this part of the article:“I would ask him why doesn’t he stand up more for civil liberties and why doesn’t he explain why he supports the Patriot Act,” Paul said. “I would much rather talk about why Rush Limbaugh doesn’t support my position in looking into the Federal Reserve and being able to audit the Federal Reserve, now that is an important issue.”“He never said hardly boo against George Bush. He supported all that big spending. Did he complain about George Bush? Did he complain about all those wars that were going on that cause us so much trouble? So that’s the kind of issues that I want to talk about and I will be quite willing to challenge Rush Limbaugh on those issues.”Brvheart and Lois seem to think Rush was really hard on GWB. Ron Paul says not so fast, my friends.I would love to hear Rush's response....which means he will ignore it.
Here is the thing... Braveheart and I actually listen to the show. He was hard on Bush. It's just that nobody talks about it.
Lots of people listen to Elvis Duran and the zoo. Millions of people. And that show has zero substance. Ratings does not = message/substance. And Nimue did not say Rush had no message; Nimue said that he would have to makes his own programs instead of deciding whose programs are good and whose are bad.
There is substance; he talks of ideas and the conservative message every day. You would need to listen to know. The problem isn't that it isn't happening, it's that you and Nimue literally have no idea what goes on in his show. Rush presents plenty of alternative ideas, I can say with 10,000% certainty that Rush could draw up a plan right now that would be a winner,and turn this country around. It's just that nobody would listen, Democrat or Republican because they are pretty much all corrupted at this point. When the decisions are based off of "Well, X group gave me X so I must do X" we no longer have representatives of the people.
Here is the thing... Braveheart and I actually listen to the show. He was hard on Bush. It's just that nobody talks about it.
not hard enough. I am sure he was really tough on Bush when he tried to do illegal immigration stuff. Not so sure he was as hard on him when he was doing stuff the GOP was backing wholeheartedly. I dont think people think that Rush was never hard on Bush. Just that he was only hard on him for a couple specific things but was otherwise cool with his agenda.
Even if he were the actual leader of the republican party why would Obama have a debate with him? Obama had debates with the republicans throughout the election, and they lost.
There is absolutely no way Obama would win a debate where the subjects are not pre-arranged and the questions not pre-screened, because if it's not scripted he doesn't know anything. Jesus, he said today that the stock market is just like his approval numbers, completely ignoring the whole "down 25% since he took office part., down 40% or so since it was clear he was taking over." The man is completely unprepared to do anything but institute the ideas that he was raised with, consequences be damned, and the his ideas have failed numerous times, over and over and over, and it's easy to prove. As far as winning debates- well, that was when he was allowed to lie. Can he really say that he is going to go through each bill line by line and reject pork NOW? The man lied through his teeth most of the time, Rush would not allow that, he would call it what it is.
not hard enough. I am sure he was really tough on Bush when he tried to do illegal immigration stuff. Not so sure he was as hard on him when he was doing stuff the GOP was backing wholeheartedly. I dont think people think that Rush was never hard on Bush. Just that he was only hard on him for a couple specific things but was otherwise cool with his agenda.
He was hard on the GOP as well, especially the fiscal stuff. Honestly, you have no idea what you are talking about, you are just repeating what you know based off of lies.
He was hard on the GOP as well, especially the fiscal stuff. Honestly, you have no idea what you are talking about, you are just repeating what you know based off of lies.
Everything Obama says was a lie. Rush is great. He could turn around the country easily. Obama had the debates handed to him. He's an idiot off prompter. It's his fault McCain's pork amendment failed (Obama made 11 GOP senators vote against it.) Rush was really really hard on the GOP.you are the ultimate kool aid drinker. You are the one who is sure that a radio host whose key to success has been saying absurd or malicious things would be the one right person to give the keys to the country too.I cant argue with that kind of zealotry. Rush should go debate Ron Paul and we can see how great a leader he would be. Rush wants a debate and Paul is happy to give him what he wants. I predict Rush is too much of a coward. Be fun to see if he worms out of a serious debate by making fun of people with Parkinsons or decrying drugs and then popping 10 oxycontin.seriously, though, just because you and Brvheart listen to him does not make you reliable witnesses at all. You could easily be remembering the few times he took him to task while blocking out the much more numerous times he didnt. if you are hard on the GOP one day a week that does not make you hard on the GOP. I dont believe for a second that Rush was more against Bush and the Republicans from 2000-2008 than for. He was much much more for them. Now, that being pro-Bush is political suicide....all of a sudden all the conservatives conveniently never liked him ever. PLEASE.
Everything Obama says was a lie. Rush is great. He could turn around the country easily. Obama had the debates handed to him. He's an idiot off prompter. It's his fault McCain's pork amendment failed (Obama made 11 GOP senators vote against it.) Rush was really really hard on the GOP.you are the ultimate kool aid drinker. You are the one who is sure that a radio host whose key to success has been saying absurd or malicious things would be the one right person to give the keys to the country too.I cant argue with that kind of zealotry. Rush should go debate Ron Paul and we can see how great a leader he would be. Rush wants a debate and Paul is happy to give him what he wants. I predict Rush is too much of a coward. Be fun to see if he worms out of a serious debate by making fun of people with Parkinsons or decrying drugs and then popping 10 oxycontin.
No, Obama told the truth about alot of things, other things were just lies. You're not paying attention. Rush is great- if you listened you would know that. Obama did not have the debates handed to him but they were pre-scripted, and the lines of questioning soft at best. Off prompter, he says many things, sometimes Palin like, that he has been given a pass for because, well, Bon Jovi thinks he's cool, and Bush is bad. Rush did criticize the GOP, alot. Do you listen? Once again, do you listen? Let me ask it again, do you listen to his show? No. No. No. Then, seriously, why the **** are you arguing about that which you have already agreed you don't know? That's something my wife would do. Kool Aid drinker? Better than the Poison which Obama just thew down your gullet. Drink up!! Absurd and malicious? How do you know? From the experience you admit you don't have? Zealoutry? That's not the problem- the problem is you don't know dick about the actual subject!! (Which you, of course, admit, but then still voice opinions anyway- still as stupid as it was 2 minutes ago.) Rush wants Obama, lets focus on that. Obama gets a pass if Rush wont debate Paul, is that it? Parkinsons? You mean the Fox thing, where Rush commented about Fix admitting that he would take less medication so it would look worse when he was being interviewed while he was the new "face" of Parkinsons, and Rush basically calling him a liar? I have no issue with that, it was a lie. Fox should have never admitted that in my opinion, that was stupid. Rush still decries drugs. He had an injury, he got addicted, given the strength of some of these drugs it happens. He admitted it, went to rehab, moved on with his life, and unless you are perfect- which you are not- you should as well. There, every one of your "points" slapped down. Hows it feel to be owned day in and day out, cyber bitch? :club:

fwiw, i listen to rush fairly often for the entertainment value, and i still think he's the political equivalent of a shock jock. he's obviously a smart guy, and knows what makes money on the air, but in terms of actual issues, he has absolutely no commitment to honesty and respectful debate on his show.i have literally no problem saying that people who find rush to be intellectually robust and honest on his show are somewhere between naive and completely imbecilic.i really do yearn for the day that christopher buckley's ghost walks the earth. i think ron paul is close to that ideal, in that i think that the world gets better when he talks. the same is absolutely not true of rush.

fwiw, i listen to rush fairly often for the entertainment value, and i still think he's the political equivalent of a shock jock. he's obviously a smart guy, and knows what makes money on the air, but in terms of actual issues, he has absolutely no commitment to honesty and respectful debate on his show.i have literally no problem saying that people who find rush to be intellectually robust and honest on his show are somewhere between naive and completely imbecilic.i really do yearn for the day that christopher buckley's ghost walks the earth. i think ron paul is close to that ideal, in that i think that the world gets better when he talks. the same is absolutely not true of rush.
I'll run with imbecilic all day. Wait, what does that mean?
No, Obama told the truth about alot of things, other things were just lies. You're not paying attention. Rush is great- if you listened you would know that. Obama did not have the debates handed to him but they were pre-scripted, and the lines of questioning soft at best. Off prompter, he says many things, sometimes Palin like, that he has been given a pass for because, well, Bon Jovi thinks he's cool, and Bush is bad. Rush did criticize the GOP, alot. Do you listen? Once again, do you listen? Let me ask it again, do you listen to his show? No. No. No. Then, seriously, why the **** are you arguing about that which you have already agreed you don't know? That's something my wife would do. Kool Aid drinker? Better than the Poison which Obama just thew down your gullet. Drink up!! Absurd and malicious? How do you know? From the experience you admit you don't have? Zealoutry? That's not the problem- the problem is you don't know dick about the actual subject!! (Which you, of course, admit, but then still voice opinions anyway- still as stupid as it was 2 minutes ago.) Rush wants Obama, lets focus on that. Obama gets a pass if Rush wont debate Paul, is that it? Parkinsons? You mean the Fox thing, where Rush commented about Fix admitting that he would take less medication so it would look worse when he was being interviewed while he was the new "face" of Parkinsons, and Rush basically calling him a liar? I have no issue with that, it was a lie. Fox should have never admitted that in my opinion, that was stupid. Rush still decries drugs. He had an injury, he got addicted, given the strength of some of these drugs it happens. He admitted it, went to rehab, moved on with his life, and unless you are perfect- which you are not- you should as well. There, every one of your "points" slapped down. Hows it feel to be owned day in and day out, cyber bitch? :club:
It feels good. I have listened to Rush before. Not impressed. Rush gets lots of play in the regular media too. He says plenty of absurd and malicious things. Watch last night's Daily Show. 1st few minutes. It's a montage of him saying awful, ridiculous shit. Rush once said that all drug users should go to jail. He abused drugs in an incredible way and never went to jail.I have a bad back. Ruptured disc, chronic pain. I have prescriptions for hydrocodone and oxycodone. I am far from perfect but I have managed to not abuse them and not graduate to oxycontin. Serious advice to Rush, pot works better than pills. (he is also a hypocrite on marriage issues----yeah gay people threaten the sanctity of something he could not do three times. Nice, Rush.)The idea that Obama has given me any koolaid is ridiculous. Nobody on this forum (who voted for Obama) has said as much negative stuff as me. I have admitted that he is a politician's politician and that he could not do half what he claimed (every president does that of course). I am anything but a rah rah Obama guy and I have said numerous times I dont really like Dem economic policies but that I cant vote GOP with their current stance on social and defense (yes, defense you heard me) issues.
So good it wanted to be up on the board twice.
i'm not one for slippery slope arguments, generally, but it's abundantly clear here that setting this kind of precedent would be pretty fucking stupid.if anyone could call out the president for a debate, s/he wouldn't have time to breathe, much less run a country. and yes, i would have said the same thing about bush.
My main point was that there needs to be someone from the american people that can get the down and dirty answers. We know that there are no politicians that are up to do this because they worry about things like getting reelected and making sure that there backers aren't getting upset over what they say. We need to have accountability at the white house ... and if Rush is the guy to go in there and openly ask these questions then I am all for it. I do agree that it would be rediculous if anyone could call out the president ... but I also believe that there should be someone who can. I want bold questions to be asked and bold answers from our Commander in Chief. I don't care if it would be Rush or Ron Paul or Jon Stewart or even checkymcfold. I just think that there needs to be someone from outside washington to challenge these issues so the American people are not being forcefed the bullshit that is already raining down from washington on a day to day basis.
Wow... you guys are really going at this. I'm not going to read all the long posts that follow this. But I just want to point out that neither you NOR Ron Paul actually listen to Rush's show. Rush was livid at Bush's fiscal policies for the majority of the eight years he was in office.

Top Democrats believe they have struck political gold by depicting Rush Limbaugh as the new face of the Republican Party, a full-scale effort first hatched by some of the most familiar names in politics and now being guided in part from inside the White House.The strategy took shape after Democratic strategists Stanley Greenberg and James Carville included Limbaugh’s name in an October poll and learned their longtime tormentor was deeply unpopular with many Americans, especially younger votershttp://www.politico.com/news/stories/0309/19596.html

You guys are missing what's happening here.for 8 years the Dems have been able to focus all thier hate on Bush/Rove/Cheneythen they focused their hate on PalinNow they are running everything into the groundand they are going through hate withdrawlsRush Limbaugh fills their need to hate

I listened to rush pretty regularly between 2000 and 2005ish. he was very heavily pro-bush at the time. I caught a bit of his stuff over the last few months and he's definitely changed his pitch.I would be much more interested in hearing a paul/limbaugh debate.

Rasmussen polling finds only 29% of the nation’s voters agree with the Rush plot conspiracy’s mantra; “Rush Limbaugh is the leader of the Republican Party.

I listened to rush pretty regularly between 2000 and 2005ish. he was very heavily pro-bush at the time. I caught a bit of his stuff over the last few months and he's definitely changed his pitch.I would be much more interested in hearing a paul/limbaugh debate.
Although there was much he was pro-Bush about... I think the majority of his time from then on has been defending Bush's going into Iraq. But Rush never liked No-Child, or the spending of Bush, I think he figured there was already 90% of the news journalist attacking Bush, no reason to parrot their points when there were so many juicy Dem points to mock.Personally I think Limbaugh would do badly in a debate. His radio show is perfect for him to prep and direct the show. When he's been on the spot live, he's flubbed more than succeeded imo.Kind of like Obama, teleprompter king: off the cuff...uh uh uh uh hmm well...huh?
Rasmussen polling finds only 29% of the nation’s voters agree with the Rush plot conspiracy’s mantra; “Rush Limbaugh is the leader of the Republican Party.
And Pelosi's supporters...30%...hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'd love to hear a Paul/Limbaugh debate because I believe that Paul would wipe the floor with Limbaugh. The thing that LMD and Brvheart don't realize is that Limbaugh sounds much better than he is. And yes I have listened to him so your argument that I never listened doesn't hold water. But when you read his transcripts you realize that this may have sounded good when he said it because he went on and you don't have time to really look at it. But when you read it, you realize that he makes connections between totally disparate things to make a point that is really irrelevent to any of them. Like the deal that Obama was the cause of the recession because you could see that he was going to win the election. Talk about bullshit. So the collapse of the subprime mortgage market, the failure of Bear Stearns, Lehman Bros, et al and the bailout of AIG and the other Wall Street firms, and Wall Street's foolish overleveraging of CDS's had nothing to do with the recession - it was all started by Obama. Now if you can't see that as foolish then you're the one drinking the koolaid.

I'd love to hear a Paul/Limbaugh debate because I believe that Paul would wipe the floor with Limbaugh. The thing that LMD and Brvheart don't realize is that Limbaugh sounds much better than he is. And yes I have listened to him so your argument that I never listened doesn't hold water. But when you read his transcripts you realize that this may have sounded good when he said it because he went on and you don't have time to really look at it. But when you read it, you realize that he makes connections between totally disparate things to make a point that is really irrelevent to any of them. Like the deal that Obama was the cause of the recession because you could see that he was going to win the election. Talk about bullshit. So the collapse of the subprime mortgage market, the failure of Bear Stearns, Lehman Bros, et al and the bailout of AIG and the other Wall Street firms, and Wall Street's foolish overleveraging of CDS's had nothing to do with the recession - it was all started by Obama. Now if you can't see that as foolish then you're the one drinking the koolaid.
No Rush really is that goodYou just weren't listening
you must be off your meds... you are really all over the place
Lol, using the LMD method of debate 85? When you have no legitimate argument attack the messenger?