• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to hear a Paul/Limbaugh debate because I believe that Paul would wipe the floor with Limbaugh. The thing that LMD and Brvheart don't realize is that Limbaugh sounds much better than he is. And yes I have listened to him so your argument that I never listened doesn't hold water. But when you read his transcripts you realize that this may have sounded good when he said it because he went on and you don't have time to really look at it. But when you read it, you realize that he makes connections between totally disparate things to make a point that is really irrelevent to any of them. Like the deal that Obama was the cause of the recession because you could see that he was going to win the election. Talk about bullshit. So the collapse of the subprime mortgage market, the failure of Bear Stearns, Lehman Bros, et al and the bailout of AIG and the other Wall Street firms, and Wall Street's foolish overleveraging of CDS's had nothing to do with the recession - it was all started by Obama. Now if you can't see that as foolish then you're the one drinking the koolaid.
I actually read the transcripts about 80% more than I listen, you know, the ones with extra links to facts/ideas supporting his ideas and theories? Talk to anybody that works in the market-me, Guapo, anyone I know, and they will tell you point blank the number one force driving this market down, and the number one force for awhile now, is this administration, and the business/markets not buying into what amounts to Obamas bullshit. I could list you 100 companies right now whos stock price does not reflect the business itself, this market is fear driven and it's fear of Obama. Companies nationwide are laying off right now not because they have to but as a preventative measure for when it gets worse, because Obama has done zip to even give business an inkling that things will get better in the short term, and the long term is much worse at this point. Look around you- jobs are dissapearing because the people that do the hiring know that wealth, capital,is the administrations target.
Lol, using the LMD method of debate 85? When you have no legitimate argument attack the messenger?
Know, I deliver my message and then make sure to tell you you make no sense. You don't, your a bona fide mess.
Rush wouldn't run for office. He wouldn't want the pay cut. Plus then he'd have to come up with a program of substance of his own and I doubt he's capable of doing so. Easy to be a critic.
Actually Rush has been very honest about why he wouldn't run. He loves what he does. He would have to take a huge pay cut, and he says that if he ran he would have to raise money for a campaign and he would have these campaign contributors thinking he owed them something. He didn't want to have to compromise his principles or cater to, in any way, campaign contributors.
Actually Rush has been very honest about why he wouldn't run. He loves what he does. He would have to take a huge pay cut, and he says that if he ran he would have to raise money for a campaign and he would have these campaign contributors thinking he owed them something. He didn't want to have to compromise his principles or cater to, in any way, campaign contributors.
Of course, we know this as actual listeners.
I actually read the transcripts about 80% more than I listen, you know, the ones with extra links to facts/ideas supporting his ideas and theories? Talk to anybody that works in the market-me, Guapo, anyone I know, and they will tell you point blank the number one force driving this market down, and the number one force for awhile now, is this administration, and the business/markets not buying into what amounts to Obamas bullshit. I could list you 100 companies right now whos stock price does not reflect the business itself, this market is fear driven and it's fear of Obama. Companies nationwide are laying off right now not because they have to but as a preventative measure for when it gets worse, because Obama has done zip to even give business an inkling that things will get better in the short term, and the long term is much worse at this point. Look around you- jobs are dissapearing because the people that do the hiring know that wealth, capital,is the administrations target.
I agree with you that the market is fear driven right now. But I for one am not going to say it's Obama's fault until his programs actually have an opportunity to work. I'm not saying that I agree with him on a great deal of it but I don't think the Republicans have a clue so I'll give him a chance. And do you not think the markets might also be affected by the present vacumn of leaders and ideas at the top of the Republican Party? It's the party that most caters to them and it's in total disarray.
I agree with you that the market is fear driven right now. But I for one am not going to say it's Obama's fault until his programs actually have an opportunity to work. I'm not saying that I agree with him on a great deal of it but I don't think the Republicans have a clue so I'll give him a chance. And do you not think the markets might also be affected by the present vacumn of leaders and ideas at the top of the Republican Party? It's the party that most caters to them and it's in total disarray.
You agree that the markets are fear driven, fear of things getting worse, as a direct result of Obamas plans, and the negative reactions of businesses to those plans, but will wait to make a judgement call just in case people who actually run businesses/make money are wrong? Good luck with that. It's stupid, blind, and naive, but good luck with that.
You agree that the markets are fear driven, fear of things getting worse, as a direct result of Obamas plans, and the negative reactions of businesses to those plans, but will wait to make a judgement call just in case people who actually run businesses/make money are wrong? Good luck with that. It's stupid, blind, and naive, but good luck with that.
Yep because they've done such a great job so far.
Yep because they've done such a great job so far.
Ummmmm.... if you have 500 businesses laying off, 10 of which made really bad choices for shareholders, yet all 500 businesses agree on an issue, which is it's going to be harder to make money for awhile, you are comfortable just assuming they are wrong for now because the 10 made bad decisions? What about the other 490, are they just wildly flinging poop while making decisions or do you think that they may have actually evaluated the situation as it were? Once again, you are wrong. This just gets redundant.
Ummmmm.... if you have 500 businesses laying off, 10 of which made really bad choices for shareholders, yet all 500 businesses agree on an issue, which is it's going to be harder to make money for awhile, you are comfortable just assuming they are wrong for now because the 10 made bad decisions? What about the other 490, are they just wildly flinging poop while making decisions or do you think that they may have actually evaluated the situation as it were? Once again, you are wrong. This just gets redundant.
Lol no I'm not wrong. How is it that 10 made bad choices but are so intertwined with the other 490 that they're able to take them down with them? Something's pretty damned fishy about that.
Lol no I'm not wrong. How is it that 10 made bad choices but are so intertwined with the other 490 that they're able to take them down with them? Something's pretty damned fishy about that.
I would walk you through it but what for? I waste 5 minutes of my life and your keyboard just absorbs more drool.
I would walk you through it but what for? I waste 5 minutes of my life and your keyboard just absorbs more drool.
Yep I agree that this thread has degenerated from actual debate to "you're an idiot Nimue for not recognizing my amazing awesomeness in typing the same argument over and over and agreeing with me". By the way, my husband uses the same annoying technique of figuring if he repeats himself long enough I'll give up and agree with him. Doesn't work with him either.

Don't try to argue with LMD...he is just a cheerleading parrot.Last February I told him that this economy has failed, and he started yelling about the unemployment rate. Well now it is at the lowest point in 25 years and what does he have to say? He didn't see this coming, we was wrong the whole way. Bush=Obama and anyone who doesn't criticize both policies is a fool because they are exactly the same.LMD, has the economy failed or not?

Don't try to argue with LMD...he is just a cheerleading parrot.Last February I told him that this economy has failed, and he started yelling about the unemployment rate. Well now it is at the lowest point in 25 years and what does he have to say? He didn't see this coming, we was wrong the whole way. Bush=Obama and anyone who doesn't criticize both policies is a fool because they are exactly the same.LMD, has the economy failed or not?
Agreed. I did not think Obama would win and I had no idea exactly how dangerous he was. Now crawl back into your hole.