2009 San Francisco Giants Thread

The whole Fielder situation was weird. I really didn't see a problem with it and I'm a Giants fan and a high school baseball coach (so I've seen many different kinds of showboating). I am all for putting one in a player's back if they disrespect the game or your team or a player, but I didn't take it like that. I can definitely see both sides of the argument though. More importantly, Lincecum is scratched, the Giants fall 3 games back and my sorrow increases....

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After this loss, I will officially admit that I think they have no chance of getting in the playoffs. :club: Even though they won't make the playoffs, I have to say that this has been one of the most exciting years in recent history and it has been a lot of fun to follow them this year. I think it is now time to get our young guys some more playing time and look towards the future. Hopefully, Bochy will give Bumgarner and Posey some starts before the season ends.

After this loss, I will officially admit that I think they have no chance of getting in the playoffs. :club: Even though they won't make the playoffs, I have to say that this has been one of the most exciting years in recent history and it has been a lot of fun to follow them this year. I think it is now time to get our young guys some more playing time and look towards the future. Hopefully, Bochy will give Bumgarner and Posey some starts before the season ends.
^ this.the giants exceeded my low expectations that I had for them entering this season.

Still have 4.64% on BP. Pretty terrible September for baseball with every division leader/wild card leader pretty much a lock for playoffs besides the Tigers which still have 70%.

GG, wp, ulBrian Wilson putting the final nail in the coffin Thursday night brought a smile to my face, I must admit. I hate that guy. Hopefully the Giants bring back Bochy and Sabean and I don't have to worry too much about them over the next few years. Don't fall for the Penny/multi-year deal trap he is trying to get you guys with, and bite the bullet and overpay for some offensive help and the Giants will be pretty competitive next year. Sabean's moves have still kinda f'd the team (Renteria, Sanchez, etc) but you never know.

GG, wp, ulBrian Wilson putting the final nail in the coffin Thursday night brought a smile to my face, I must admit. I hate that guy. Hopefully the Giants bring back Bochy and Sabean and I don't have to worry too much about them over the next few years. Don't fall for the Penny/multi-year deal trap he is trying to get you guys with, and bite the bullet and overpay for some offensive help and the Giants will be pretty competitive next year. Sabean's moves have still kinda f'd the team (Renteria, Sanchez, etc) but you never know.
if this happens, kill me. i really hope that our new owner boots both their asses to the curb and sign some offense.

HAHAHA, the Giants are terrible.Bottom of the first no out runners at first and second. Bochy decides to sacrifice with Wynn. Seriously, WTF? In the first? No outs? With your 3 hole hitter? They still won, but the Cubs had 5 guys in the lineup I have never heard of.

HAHAHA, the Giants are terrible.Bottom of the first no out runners at first and second. Bochy decides to sacrifice with Wynn. Seriously, WTF? In the first? No outs? With your 3 hole hitter? They still won, but the Cubs had 5 guys in the lineup I have never heard of.
The funniest part of this scenario is that Randy Wynn is their 3 hitter.
The funniest part of this scenario is that Randy Wynn is their 3 hitter.
stop. it stings. why must you torture me?? its bad enough to be a loyal giants fan. :club: