2009 San Francisco Giants Thread

I'm starting to hope that we sell at the deadline rather than buy...our top prospects are still at least a year away and our offense is so anemic. IMO we should trade Winn, Molina, maybe Rowand if someone will take him, and see what we can get back. I wouldn't mind trading Cain either.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to hope that we sell at the deadline rather than buy...our top prospects are still at least a year away and our offense is so anemic. IMO we should trade Winn, Molina, maybe Rowand if someone will take him, and see what we can get back. I wouldn't mind trading Cain either.
Things the organization needs to do:1. Fire Sabean2. Realize most of your 'young' position player talent is mediocre at best, and there is a good chance only one or two ever become effective everyday players, if that. Of all the guys in your system, Posey might be the surest bet, and he hasn't played above AA yet. Everyone else has AAAA player (not good enough for majors) or role/reserve player written all over them.3. Trade the veterans you mentioned for whatever you can get for them. Problem with doing these things is that your franchise and your fan base seem to have issues with not being realistic and being too optimistic. Read back through this thread or listen to a day's worth of knbr to see what I mean. Also, if Sabean feels like his job is in jeopardy (as it should be) he probably would be less likely to give up and be a seller at the deadline.
Problem with doing these things is that your franchise and your fan base seem to have issues with not being realistic and being too optimistic. Read back through this thread or listen to a day's worth of knbr to see what I mean. Also, if Sabean feels like his job is in jeopardy (as it should be) he probably would be less likely to give up and be a seller at the deadline.
Yeah, I'm worried that Sabes will make another stupid trade for an average hitter. I'm hoping that the stench of the Liriano trade has not been forgotten as he used to be so willing to trade young players or to give up draft picks for lousy below average players.Molina is probably the only player that will get them anything and the Giants have Posey who'll be ready in a few years so it's a good time to get value for him. If the Giants give Molina a fat extension then you know the whole front office is smoking it up and believing that they are one or two hitters away from contending. Besides Sandoval who's useful because he can play catcher, get rid of them all.
braves invade san fran tomorrow.......good luck
Ty, we will need it. We have been playing like sh!t and you guys have been doing well. Besides the Dodgers, the Braves are my favorite opponent to watch in person. :club:
  • 3 weeks later...

Rowand is loving hitting lead off. We need to get a bat to contend this year because our pitching staff will not carry us.

Awesome tribute to the 1989 Giants team, actually had me a little choked up. Can't wait for the A's tribute when we get back to Oakland in a week.
Yeah that was awesome. :club: Both 1989 teams were special and I'm glad they are paying respect to both.

Nice to see the Giants playing decent ball this far into the season for a change. I know it's really not that deep into the season but I think I heard somewhere that we haven't been over .500 this far into the season in 5 years???? Wow. Anyway, we do need to get a big bat because the pitching staff can't carry us all year, can they? I was lucky enough to get great tickets to watch the Giants hammer the DBacks this past Tuesday in AZ. Cain didn't have his best stuff by far, but didn't need it against Buckner and the D-Backs. Sandoval hit a bomb that game as well. I would really like to watch Lincecum pitch live one of these days, especially if he's throwing like he did vs. the A's.

Nice to see the Giants playing decent ball this far into the season for a change. I know it's really not that deep into the season but I think I heard somewhere that we haven't been over .500 this far into the season in 5 years???? Wow. Anyway, we do need to get a big bat because the pitching staff can't carry us all year, can they? I was lucky enough to get great tickets to watch the Giants hammer the DBacks this past Tuesday in AZ. Cain didn't have his best stuff by far, but didn't need it against Buckner and the D-Backs. Sandoval hit a bomb that game as well. I would really like to watch Lincecum pitch live one of these days, especially if he's throwing like he did vs. the A's.
The Giants are good but their pitching wont carry them into the playoffs. Yesterdays game was awesome. :club: I saw my first inside the park home run and it was the quickest baseball game I've ever been too. (450ish Giants games I've attended in my life.)
Did somebody in this thread lose a broom? Cause I was just asked to return it by some guy claiming to be an Anaheim Angel. :ts
Hardy har har. :club: I Don't like the Angels.... :4h
The Giants are good but their pitching wont carry them into the playoffs. Yesterdays game was awesome. :club: I saw my first inside the park home run and it was the quickest baseball game I've ever been too. (450ish Giants games I've attended in my life.)
About the bolded part. I'm sorry, that must have been hell.
About the bolded part. I'm sorry, that must have been hell.
no, every game has been fun. going to Giants games with my family is a blast every time. :club:
  • 2 weeks later...
We have a lot more that Sandoval and Ishikawa....Rowand and Molina are above average at their respective positions. Out outfield platoon should be pretty good with Rowand, Winn, Lewis and Schierholtz (who is a really good hitter for average - .320 last year). With our pitching, this team can definitely compete with the dodgers for the top spot in the division. Also, don't be surprised if we trade for a bat at the trade deadline.....The Giants have some money saved and most teams will be selling at the deadline for financial reasons.
I don't mean to toot my own horn, but TOOT TOOT...and you guys thought i was retarded :club:

First quote was BEFORE the season started and was about my predictions for the season...which have been correct so far.Second quote was a comment after a losing streak when i thought my prediction might not hold up.Thankfully, my prediction has been right so far - I'm really enjoying watching this team play. I have tickets for the game this friday and I can't wait to go.

First quote was BEFORE the season started and was about my predictions for the season...which have been correct so far.Second quote was a comment after a losing streak when i thought my prediction might not hold up.Thankfully, my prediction has been right so far - I'm really enjoying watching this team play. I have tickets for the game this friday and I can't wait to go.
I just love the flip-flopiness of your posts, classic fair weather fan speak.
You say that because i sometimes express doubt about the probability of success of my team then that means I am a fair weather fan? Poor logic, IMO.
actually i say it because you express A LOT of doubt and flip flop A LOT. Then you come in here and talk about how awesome your so called pre-season "prediction" was. Perfect logic IMO.
actually i say it because you express A LOT of doubt and flip flop A LOT. Then you come in here and talk about how awesome your so called pre-season "prediction" was. Perfect logic IMO.
First, I think you are missing my point. You can express doubt about how well your team will do while still following them regularly. Expressing doubt does not necessitate being a fair weather fan. (Correlation vs. Causality argument). Second, If you read through again, I believe you will see the majority of my posts have been optimistic.Before the season, you guys flamed me because I was overly optimistic and now you are flaming me because I pointed out that my preseason prediction has been right so far, LOL can't win I guess.
Yeah, I agree with Sportsmack 100% here. Tom, you change your view on the Giants after every two or three games.

You guys can say what you like, but i dont think its fair to call someone a fair weather fan for expressing doubt. Regardless, I don't think i, or anyone, should have to prove what kind of fan they are. Anyways, im about to leave for the game today....so glad Sadowski is pitching and not that turd Sanchez.

You guys can say what you like, but i dont think its fair to call someone a fair weather fan for expressing doubt. Regardless, I don't think i, or anyone, should have to prove what kind of fan they are. Anyways, im about to leave for the game today....so glad Sadowski is pitching and not that turd Sanchez.
good man. :)13-0. Yawn, aint no thang. :club: