Letting Go Of A Losing Hand...

You're gonna have a tough time winning if you fold top pair everytimeAlso, you spelled Ungar wrong in your sig
Of course I'm not folding top pair everytime someone puts pressure on me but I do have to realize the times I am beat and just toss the hand.

I always let go of the losing hand.... Immediately followed by "Gatortom64 finshed the tournament in XXth place"

Right, look.When you learn to play poker, you have to be lucky in that your first experiences are not ones of coolers and bad beats. If they are, your future poker decisions will be so detrimentally affected by this that you will lose so much value! You are going to run bad at times. We all have. The important thing is not to let it make you get "monster under the bed syndrome", where you think they always have it.There's a great post on 2+2 that illustrates this, but I can't find it at the moment. It's bookmarked on a PC I don't have access to atm, and won't for about two weeks. If you haven't got it, and still want it, by then, I'll post it here.Sorry this is so basic, but I hope it helps.Zach.

Right, look.When you learn to play poker, you have to be lucky in that your first experiences are not ones of coolers and bad beats. If they are, your future poker decisions will be so detrimentally affected by this that you will lose so much value! You are going to run bad at times. We all have. The important thing is not to let it make you get "monster under the bed syndrome", where you think they always have it.There's a great post on 2+2 that illustrates this, but I can't find it at the moment. It's bookmarked on a PC I don't have access to atm, and won't for about two weeks. If you haven't got it, and still want it, by then, I'll post it here.Sorry this is so basic, but I hope it helps.Zach.
If you end up finding the article I would definetely like to read it. I understand what you are saying though, one can't get caught up with always thinking they are beat due to some unfortunate turn of events.
  • 2 weeks later...
There's a great post on 2+2 that illustrates this, but I can't find it at the moment. It's bookmarked on a PC I don't have access to atm, and won't for about two weeks. If you haven't got it, and still want it, by then, I'll post it here.
I'm a man of my word:"Luck of Learning"All the best:)