Letting Go Of A Losing Hand...

...is so hard to do sometimes.Not sure if it is due to ego, being tired or tilt. No matter what it's due to I have to refrain from repeating the sames mistakes. I see myself making this error win I either raise with a medocre hand out of position or I miss the flop with a decent starting hand after raising pre-flop.The later isn't really the issue as I am able to get away from losing hands in position much easier than out of position. I may make a continuation bet and the odd second and third bullet but most of the time I can toss the hand if I dont improve or sense strength.When I am out of position and have hit a piece of the flop, on the other hand, I have a very hard time reading my opponents and making an educated guess on what they are holding. I have the tendancy to fire all three streets or make a stupid bet on one of the streets.It's as though I don't believe my opponents have anything and I get involved with problematic hands such as J10s UTG+2, like last night. Some what tigh table at the time and I have a solid image. 2 folds and the action is on me so I raise 3xbb with J10s, middle position player calls and BB called. Flop 1083(two spades), BB check, I bet 5 and MP raises to 15, BB folds. It gets back to me and I know I am beat but just find reasons to call, stupid ****ing reasons.Turn is the 9h. At this point I decide to bet enough to put him all-in (about the size of the pot), he calls with 88 and rivers quads. LOL, I'm so bad at poker sometimes.I play patient and thoughful poker for hours and end up making one bone head play and it cost me a winning session and a huge pot. Atleast I know where my leak lies and I need to pay more attention to position. Also need to trust my inner voice and just let the hand go when I know I'm beat.

...is so hard to do sometimes.Not sure if it is due to ego, being tired or tilt. No matter what it's due to I have to refrain from repeating the sames mistakes. I see myself making this error win I either raise with a medocre hand out of position or I miss the flop with a decent starting hand after raising pre-flop.The later isn't really the issue as I am able to get away from losing hands in position much easier than out of position. I may make a continuation bet and the odd second and third bullet but most of the time I can toss the hand if I dont improve or sense strength.When I am out of position and have hit a piece of the flop, on the other hand, I have a very hard time reading my opponents and making an educated guess on what they are holding. I have the tendancy to fire all three streets or make a stupid bet on one of the streets.It's as though I don't believe my opponents have anything and I get involved with problematic hands such as J10s UTG+2, like last night. Some what tigh table at the time and I have a solid image. 2 folds and the action is on me so I raise 3xbb with J10s, middle position player calls and BB called. Flop 1083(two spades), BB check, I bet 5 and MP raises to 15, BB folds. It gets back to me and I know I am beat but just find reasons to call, stupid ****ing reasons.Turn is the 9h. At this point I decide to bet enough to put him all-in (about the size of the pot), he calls with 88 and rivers quads. LOL, I'm so bad at poker sometimes.I play patient and thoughful poker for hours and end up making one bone head play and it cost me a winning session and a huge pot. Atleast I know where my leak lies and I need to pay more attention to position. Also need to trust my inner voice and just let the hand go when I know I'm beat.
I was absolutely sure this thread was going to be about a relationship
FOPAMIAAR(fixed original post and made it about a relationship)
I was absolutely sure this thread was going to be about a relationship
Or about a seriously unsuccessful lawn mowing incident.I struggle with the same as OP often.
don't fold <no pushy the fold button> postflop <after the flop comes out>
This goes against my strategy of clicking the shiniest button.

playing .50/1.00 NL last night I had a stack of about 500. I have JJ, flop KJ3 rainbow. Get it all in with guy who has about 300. He has KK obv. Then next hand I'm BB with 5 7 spades. Flop A46 all spades. & players so I bet. one call. turn no spade. I bet. another call. River no spade. I check to induce bluff. He shoves. I call. He turns up KsQs. I go broke to two sick coolers in a span of two minutes. My point? Poker sucks.

You're gonna have a tough time winning if you fold top pair everytimeAlso, you spelled Ungar wrong in your sig

I haven't been able to fold since watching DN play, I always have to call to prove that I knew that I was beat, I just have to, it's the only way the people will know that I had a losing hand and knew it the whole time.

I have had the same problem but I recently read one of Daniel's articles with a quote that made a lot of sense...basically he said: 'If you never fold the best hand, then you really aren't playing all that well'.
I haven't been able to fold since watching DN play, I always have to call to prove that I knew that I was beat, I just have to, it's the only way the people will know that I had a losing hand and knew it the whole time.
THIS Its absolutely awe inspiring the ability dn has to almost figure out exactly what an opponent has, and still is able to call the guy down with an inferior holding. And then get mad props from the announcer for his reading abilities.
It seems like no one can fold a hand when they are behind to my shove either, and they always suck out!
Do it on the river imo... No more cards = no suckout...
Here is a perfect example of this...http://www.pokerhand.org/?3918035How horrible am I to call the river shove? I even winced when I clicked the "CALL" button.
Level?
Here is a perfect example of this...http://www.pokerhand.org/?3918035How horrible am I to call the river shove? I even winced when I clicked the "CALL" button.
I'd snapshove my stack, house, the two family cars and my cat in your pos.Then I would blame PS for rigging tables and screwing me over.