Fantasy Premiership Player Draft

To echo kdawg, I always liked Dennis Irwin as a player but i'm shocked he went so early. That being said I don't think there are too many World Class players left.
FYPthe run on keepers at this stage is awesome
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About the Irwin selection: I knew it would raise some eyebrows, but he is rock solid with a slew of honours and, to be honest, I don't know as much as I should about current defenders, which may explain my sxtrategy of picking Old School players. I think only Becks is still active of the 4 I selected. That being said, I don't think anyone can deny that Irwin is World class....I'll stop commenting there, as I may reveal my "stragedy" in error...

Irwin is top class. The best full-back ever in the Premiership imo.I think the only reason people are surprised he went this early is because of his position. I'm sure most people (including me) would be more focused on picking strikers and central midfielders first before picking full-backs. There's no denying that Irwin was great though.Yeah Beckham is obviously a good pick :club: He's just of those players that you probably dislike personally, so you let affect your judgement on his footballing skill. I don't think anyone can argue he was superb for United and is probably top 3 at least when it comes to right-sided midfielders. One of the best passers and set-piece takers of his generation too imo.

Guys, it's my birthday today... I'm out tonight, and also my girlfriend is taking me away somewhere as a surprise tomorrow, for the weekend. I don't want to slow things up if I have to make a pick... I won't be taking a laptop with me, but I will be able to check from my BlackBerry, so if I have to make a pick and I just post a name.. with no pictures/stats/explanation, it's because I'm posting quickly from my phone but I will be back on Sunday to make a full edit, so it's a proper assesment like my others.

Btw, KDawg, I think Rooney is pick number 24 overall.
oops, my bad, I posted that while playing a session last nightwe messed up on the snake, mercury should've picked 1st in the 3rd round. Doesn't change who I would've picked, but I just noticed itHappy Birthday James, enjoy the weekend
oops, my bad, I posted that while playing a session last nightwe messed up on the snake, mercury should've picked 1st in the 3rd round. Doesn't change who I would've picked, but I just noticed it
is a snake draft, where no. 1 picks first on 1,3,5,7,9,11 and no.7 picks first 2,4,6,8,10?We're doing a dif system, I think it's a bit fairer, where no. 1 picks first 1,4,5,8,9 and no.7 picks first 2,3,6,7,10,11. We've stuck to that system so far!

Wow, the defenders are fairly flying this round. Do I take one now or gamble on another attacking player?James took what was going to be my pick. I'm going to speak to the chairman to see what he wants...

OK, with LJB's pick, we're about to kick off Round 5, in which I select first (I checked three times lol)...With Jam Fly off on hols, I'll get the ball rolling...

the fabregas pick is interesting. I think the reason he has "dropped" is basically because he has only really gotten good in the past two years or so. I know that the same can be said about Rooney, but I think he has had about 2 more really good years more then Fabregas. I think if we were to do this draft in three more years and Cesc stays with aresenal, he'd be a top 10 pick easy(barring injury of course)

Sorry lads. I'll get my two in now. I'm up to my neck in uni work so mine's will have to be quick too. I won't be around FCP much this week either.

I was away for the weekend, but luckily made a pick Friday and it wasn't back on me since. I think maybe now that the weekend is over people will be on their computers more regularly and we'll be able to make the picks a bit faster. I have a few projects etc. due so if I am not able to post that is the reason why. But knowing my discipline I'll more than likely be on the comp at least once a day, so I doubt I'll miss a pick :club:

So happy with my last pick, Vidic... I'm shocked he was still available to be honest. What a partnership, Stam and Vidic!!Also, I was thinking about how's best to judge these teams once they're done, aside from our own debate which is always welcome. If there's no way to Champ Manager them (is there, I don't know?), then how about submitting them to say, one of the journos at the BBC? I'm not thinking as high up as Lawrenson (although that would be good, lol!), but how about asking 2 or 3 of the guys that do the blogs/football writers etc? Then, we'd have at least outside opinion and pretty informed opinion too.What does everyone think? I'm at pretty early stages of thinking about how would be best to go about it, so if you've got any ideas/improvements etc, let me know.

So happy with my last pick, Vidic... I'm shocked he was still available to be honest. What a partnership, Stam and Vidic!!Also, I was thinking about how's best to judge these teams once they're done, aside from our own debate which is always welcome. If there's no way to Champ Manager them (is there, I don't know?), then how about submitting them to say, one of the journos at the BBC? I'm not thinking as high up as Lawrenson (although that would be good, lol!), but how about asking 2 or 3 of the guys that do the blogs/football writers etc? Then, we'd have at least outside opinion and pretty informed opinion too.What does everyone think? I'm at pretty early stages of thinking about how would be best to go about it, so if you've got any ideas/improvements etc, let me know.
i like this idea - jeff stelling ftw!
Great ideaIf we could get like 5 or 6 journalists/experienced football guys (bloggers, reporters, writers etc) to give their verdicts it would be super
Well, MrPaddyx, there you go! Neville is one of those "I can't believe it took this long for someone to pick him" guys...nice selection.
Cheers , hopefully I can pick a few more surprises like him. I've got a rough idea who else I want in my team and what players to pick if my 1st choice disappears.

OK, over half way thru picking our starting elevens, what's everyone think?I am very happy with my team thus far, would only make one change if I could (Gerrard instead of Scholes, but Scholes is hardly a disadvantage to my team!)1. Shay Given2.3.4.5. Rio Ferdinand6. Gary Pallister7. 8. Paul Scholes9.10. Teddy Sheringham11. Thierry HenryPretty happy with the direction my team is going in.

OK, over half way thru picking our starting elevens, what's everyone think?I am very happy with my team thus far, would only make one change if I could (Gerrard instead of Scholes, but Scholes is hardly a disadvantage to my team!)1. Shay Given2.3.4.5. Rio Ferdinand6. Gary Pallister7. 8. Paul Scholes9.10. Teddy Sheringham11. Thierry HenryPretty happy with the direction my team is going in.
Your team is good so far, I like Sheringham playing just behind Henry... both very intelligent players, and should make for a prolific strikeforce. You have Scholes too, who I'm jealous of somewhat, because he has the ability to control the midfield. One of the best players ever to have played in the Premiership no doubt... I kind of disagree with your assessment of how Pallister and Ferdinand will compliment each other though, I think they're basically the same player, but yeah obviously both good.My team so far:1.23 - Stam4 - Vidic567 - Cantona89 - Torres10 - Zola11 - GiggsI think I have the best defensive partnership. In fact, those two would honestly be my picks even if we wern't doing this in rounds. In fact, so would Giggs, Cantona and Torres... The only change I'd make is Henry instead of Zola, but yeah so far I am very happy with the way my team is going. I think I now need a little midfield steel, so we'll see who I can pull out of the bag next!
Your team is good so far, I like Sheringham playing just behind Henry... both very intelligent players, and should make for a prolific strikeforce. You have Scholes too, who I'm jealous of somewhat, because he has the ability to control the midfield. One of the best players ever to have played in the Premiership no doubt... I kind of disagree with your assessment of how Pallister and Ferdinand will compliment each other though, I think they're basically the same player, but yeah obviously both good.
they aren't the same player as pallister is miles slower then Rio. Pallister is one of the few CBs that played in the early Prem era that I don't think would be able to fully make the transition to the present day game

Been left in a couple of annoying spots picking 7th when players I wanted have gone 1 or 2 picks before me, but with such a deep player pool I can hardly complain. How I'm shaping upCech---- Desailly ----- ----------- Ince Gerrard Overmars Hughes Cole