Fantasy Premiership Player Draft

I propose we also get to pick a manager... is it too late to suggest that, or can we do it from round 2?
Yeah I don't mind, sounds like a good idea. What about subs? Since there's only 7 of us, we would could do subs without it dragging on. Also, I assume we are judging teams on the basis of how well they would perform over the course of one season?Btw, all great picks so far. The only I'm not sure about is Cech, there's a few other keepers I'd rate higher than Cech
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I don't mind, sounds like a good idea. What about subs? Since there's only 7 of us, we would could do subs without it dragging on. Also, I assume we are judging teams on the basis of how well they would perform over the course of one season?Btw, all great picks so far. The only I'm not sure about is Cech, there's a few other keepers I'd rate higher than Cech
One sub.Some players have made their names as subs... I know who I'll be picking, if I get chance.
we can do a full roster of subs sincce there is very few of us, but save the subs for the end
Yeah I agee. We pick 11 players first, then we move onto subs. 5 or 7 subs? and are we doing managers?

The picks are moving along at a nice pace, I must say!And with only a couple more selections before I get two picks in a row, be prepared... :-)Subs and a coach...Not against it, but could use a reason why. We don't have any injury bug to dodge and the effectiveness of a coach is often somewhat intangible.

There has to be a manager, definately.And lol @ me having Giggs and Cantona. Seriously, it's impossible for my team to lose already. Doesn't really matter who I pick from this point on, Cantona would create so much space for everyone, no defenders stand a chance. Mwahaha!

I've just noticed that I pick 4th ever single round! I'm not so sure about the manager thing. Only 4 managers have ever won the Premiership (Fergie, Kenny, Arsene and Jose) and ususally unsucessful managers, which is a lot, get sacked pretty quickly. It we made the manager choice a historical pick I think it would be better.

I've just noticed that I pick 4th ever single round! I'm not so sure about the manager thing. Only 4 managers have ever won the Premiership (Fergie, Kenny, Arsene and Jose) and ususally unsucessful managers, which is a lot, get sacked pretty quickly. It we made the manager choice a historical pick I think it would be better.
historical, as in from any time in history? I don't really mind either way with the manager or subs. The only thing is, the kind of idea is that we'd be 'managing' the teams, as in, we would chose what tactics we'd play and how our team would work. Therefore, what else would a manager add? It would make more sense to chose a good man-manager than a tactical genius since we outlined the tactics?As I said, I don't really mind either way.

isn't the point of doing the draft having us be the manager and having us put together a squad in the style that we want?as far as the champ man sim, on 2p2 I think it was 02/03 that was used and the players were manually put in and since there were 20 of us, we were each assigned a team and the director levels were put to as low as possible so that there'd be no sackings. Historical players statistics were manually put in as fairly as possible by the poster that ran the simwith 7 people it may be a bit hard to do that, but if it can get pulled off, that'd be pretty awesome

We're moving at a rate of knots now boys. Mercury is picking as I type this so I'll have my next one in provided Merc doesn't take him.Loving KDawg's pick. Although LeTiss only really worked in an environment where he was the best player so you may have to deliberately sabotage your team...

No gripes, as I got my man, but LBJ should have held off for my roundabout (#3) pick. No worries...back to KDawg now, I think...
Have I mis-read the OP in the other thread?I thought I was last in round 1 and first in rounds 2 and 3? Then 7th in 4,5 etc etc. Sorry if I caused a balls-up.EDIT: Copy and pasted from picks thread: 4) The order goes like this.1st round- 1,2,3,4,5,6,72nd round - 7,6,5...3rd round - 7,6,5...
Have I mis-read the OP in the other thread?I thought I was last in round 1 and first in rounds 2 and 3? Then 7th in 4,5 etc etc. Sorry if I caused a balls-up.EDIT: Copy and pasted from picks thread: 4) The order goes like this.1st round- 1,2,3,4,5,6,72nd round - 7,6,5...3rd round - 7,6,5...
Oh, farg, maybe it's me misreading...let me check...Yup, sorry, I messed up, although it's a bummer not getting a couple of picks in a row after all that lolI retracted my pick...sorry about the mix-up
its a snake draft so its snaked through picks ie1234567765432112345677654321 etc etc. unfortunately you dont get to pick again until the end of round three then first again in round 4. stevie g wont be around by your next pick though dude, sorry :club:
ignore my last post, i am wrong. just going by all the prev snake drafts i have done but this one seems to be different, nice pick on stevie g. he would have been my next choice for sure! damn
Ah it's cool. Merc has deleted his pick and I think only I saw who it was and I'm not going to tell anyone so we should be back on track. I'm dreading the next 2 rounds though. It's going to be hard to get any of the players I'm thinking of at the minute!

Great pick in Gerrard. Regretting I didn't pick him. Tough choice though, Gerrard or Scholes.yeah the order goes like this1234567654321765432112345671234567765432176543211234567123456776543217654321

I need clarification please, before I make my next pick.Can I pick Fernando Torres? He's played 50 times for Liverpool, so I think I should be able to.. right? I know he's new, and there's many names I have dating back to the start of the Premiership to have as my main striker, but this guy is so damn good it's scary... and I want him.

I need clarification please, before I make my next pick.Can I pick Fernando Torres? He's played 50 times for Liverpool, so I think I should be able to.. right? I know he's new, and there's many names I have dating back to the start of the Premiership to have as my main striker, but this guy is so damn good it's scary... and I want him.
In more ways than one? Even though I am het, I will admit Torres is a sweet little puff pastry of a player...About the 50 appearances, though, nothing in the rules stated that the required 50 had to be within a certain time frame, therefore if Torres played his 50th on Sunday, it's all good. As far as I'm concerned, anyway...On the other hand it does say "up to 2009", which could imply this season or not...Ruling needed!
In more ways than one? Even though I am het, I will admit Torres is a sweet little puff pastry of a player...About the 50 appearances, though, nothing in the rules stated that the required 50 had to be within a certain time frame, therefore if Torres played his 50th on Sunday, it's all good. As far as I'm concerned, anyway...On the other hand it does say "up to 2009", which could imply this season or not...Ruling needed!
Yeah, I'm waiting! :club: I'll be gutted if I can't pick him. I can think of no one who would link up with Cantona better (Shearer, just maybe but he's gone), they're perfect for each other, it would be so lethal.
Yeah, I'm waiting! :club: I'll be gutted if I can't pick him. I can think of no one who would link up with Cantona better (Shearer, just maybe but he's gone), they're perfect for each other, it would be so lethal.
You're running these matches in your mind, aren't you? :-DI'd love to see VR sims of these games with rotoscoped player images and a wide array of skills, like Speed, Passing, First Touch Control, Heading, Accuracy, etc...That would be soooo awesome....