Bodog 5/10 NLHE (6-handed)Cobalt $1136Button $1789Cobalt is CO w/ :4h:3h. I'm not down too much (around $400), but I have gotten pushed around for a while, folding regularly to raises and re-raises, so my image is probably somewhat weak-tight. Button is a regular...probably too loose, but he does alright. In this session, he's enjoyed flatting in this spot and popping my flop c-bet. In several cases, I folded...though I 3-bet bluffed him in another (he folded). I expect him to play big hands fast on drawy boards.Pre-flop:2 folds, Cobalt raises to $35, Button calls, 2 foldsFlop ($85): :5c:club::D (2 players)Cobalt bets $50, Button callsTurn ($185): :qh (2 players)Cobalt bets $110, Button raises to $340, Cobalt callsRiver ($865): :ts (2 players)Cobalt checks, Button bets $420, Cobalt callsFinal Pot: $1705

Bodog 5/10 NLHE (6-handed)Cobalt $1136Button $1789Cobalt is CO w/ :4h:3h. I'm not down too much (around $400), but I have gotten pushed around for a while, folding regularly to raises and re-raises, so my image is probably somewhat weak-tight. Button is a regular...probably too loose, but he does alright. In this session, he's enjoyed flatting in this spot and popping my flop c-bet. In several cases, I folded...though I 3-bet bluffed him in another (he folded). I expect him to play big hands fast on drawy boards.Pre-flop:2 folds, Cobalt raises to $35, Button calls, 2 foldsFlop ($85): :5c:club::D (2 players)Cobalt bets $50, Button callsTurn ($185): :qh (2 players)Cobalt bets $110, Button raises to $340, Cobalt callsRiver ($865): :ts (2 players)Cobalt checks, Button bets $420, Cobalt callsFinal Pot: $1705
kind of looks like he put you on a flush draw and nothing else, that would be a gross straight

I'm not a huge fan. You've been folding more, now you're sticky in a pot and he's going to be stubborn and keep bluffing? He could definitely be bluffing with the best hand here, like a pair of 8's or 97.Seems like a big turn bet to flat oop, I think raising or folding turn seems better considering your image and him and all that.

Seems like a big turn bet to flat oop, I think raising or folding turn seems better considering your image and him and all that.
I did consider shoving the turn.
I did consider shoving the turn.
Ooooooooh snap!That's what I was gonna say.

I'd shove the turn a lot here since his line is so FOS.I don't hate call/call though, but if he's a good reg, it seems that he's gotta know what a bad turn card that is for him to be raising, so he's either delayed bluffing a draw or he flopped a set/straight.

i like the line a lot. i agree villians bet looks a lot like a delayed draw bluff and i like just calling turn and river cause i think that shoving the turn gets you no more money in this pot....

I am putting the Villain on 67 here.I think he bets the river hard because he is hoping you call with a smaller two pair.I doubt your Ace is good even if he is bluffing, he probably has a bigger one. I fold the river.

I am putting the Villain on 67 here.I think he bets the river hard because he is hoping you call with a smaller two pair.I doubt your Ace is good even if he is bluffing, he probably has a bigger one. I fold the river.
I don't disagree with you saying you'd fold river. I think that's a fine play given the action but...67 really? That means our villain has to be putting us on squarely on 55 or 33 because his 2 pair just got counterfeited, so no way does he have this hand because he is turning it into a bluff.Also, you think the button wouldn't r/r a CO opening with a big A? This also seems unlikely to me. Again, I don't think villain would be betting AJ+ on the end.
I know we have a redraw but will a worse hand call?
That was part of the issue to shoving. On the turn, when I bet and am facing a raise, I'm actually thinking of my hand as "made" with backup redraws.I really don't think villain has 76. I think he pops me on the flop with that (as he would've set or a really implausible straight). If he raises the turn, he shouldn't bet that river for the reason that LJB stated.Basically, when villain raises the turn, I feel he's delayed raising a draw or he has air. Since I have the daddy draw, I'm not too worried about him seeing the river. If he's got a worse draw or air, I'd actually rather not shove him off.This issue speaks to a point that Bonomo made on All Strategy once (and that has been espoused elsewhere)...when you're facing an aggressive villain, the big decision is on the turn. Once you've decided to play for big bets there, your river decision is often already determined.

Based on additional comments, maybe he knows you have Ace high and missed all of your draws. Your call here indicates that you know he is bluffing and think your Ace is better than his missed draws? What range did you put him on when you called?I am starting to lean towards the villain having 88-TT at this point. It sounds like he has bet you out of a lot of pots and thinks you are prepared to call him down with Ace high here. I'm sure you have been on the other side of this and feel like it is the perfect set up.Either way, I think you were beat on the flop and don't like the Ace high call.

Based on additional comments, maybe he knows you have Ace high and missed all of your draws. Your call here indicates that you know he is bluffing and think your Ace is better than his missed draws? What range did you put him on when you called?I am starting to lean towards the villain having 88-TT at this point. It sounds like he has bet you out of a lot of pots and thinks you are prepared to call him down with Ace high here. I'm sure you have been on the other side of this and feel like it is the perfect set up.Either way, I think you were beat on the flop and don't like the Ace high call.
You do know Cobalt has a pair and the nfd right?As for villain having 88-TT, that sounds unlikely too, again an aggro/bully type villain may r/r those hands from the button (I could be wrong there) and he has hit a decent flop for that holding and would probably raise that too, given what Cobalt seems to think the villain thinks of him (make sense?)You need to have a long look at this hand. You seem to be determined that we're beat here but every hand villain could have that beats us doesn't make a lot of sense knowing what we know about how he plays his made hands. I'm thinking he has :ts:club: or the like.
You do know Cobalt has a pair and the nfd right?As for villain having 88-TT, that sounds unlikely too, again an aggro/bully type villain may r/r those hands from the button (I could be wrong there) and he has hit a decent flop for that holding and would probably raise that too, given what Cobalt seems to think the villain thinks of him (make sense?)You need to have a long look at this hand. You seem to be determined that we're beat here but every hand villain could have that beats us doesn't make a lot of sense knowing what we know about how he plays his made hands. I'm thinking he has :ts:club: or the like.
My bad, I missed the 6 since the first time I read the post.You're right, I do feel like Cobalt is beat. The villain just seems very confident on that board. More often that not, I find myself beat in this situation.
My bad, I missed the 6 since the first time I read the post.You're right, I do feel like Cobalt is beat. The villain just seems very confident on that board. More often that not, I find myself beat in this situation.
do you think villian plays 55 like this?
do you think villian plays 55 like this?
Wow. I certainly wouldn't have thought so, but flop and turn play could definitely be 55. That's a pretty spewy river bet for 55 though...
Wow. I certainly wouldn't have thought so, but flop and turn play could definately be 55. That's a pretty spewy river bet for 55 though...
agreed river is odd with 55 but definitely plausible
As for villain having 88-TT, that sounds unlikely too, again an aggro/bully type villain may r/r those hands from the button (I could be wrong there) and he has hit a decent flop for that holding and would probably raise that too, given what Cobalt seems to think the villain thinks of him (make sense?)
He might re-raise with those hands pre. If not, he might raise the flop. I really don't think he'd flat and raise the turn with them. If for some reason he did take that wonky line, I don't expect him to value-bet the river so thinly in that manner.55 is possible...though I don't necessarily expect him to turn it into a river bluff. When villain bets this river, I think his range is somewhat polarized to a monster or a bluff. Because we've heavily discounted the monsters from the action so far, this moves into a call.

how about 89 hearts?he would had the hearts and the oesd draw, if he puts you on AK or an over pair he would think he gets you on the river somehow, the duece pairing is the worst card in the deck for him really though, doesn' look like it helps you so he thinks he can push you off with agggresionhis flat call in the flop is what weirds me out, if he doesn't have the flush draw too i just don't see him calling with a good hand

results?your hands always really interest me, maybe its the way you ask the question

results?your hands always really interest me, maybe its the way you ask the question
Thanks.I suppose we've gotten enough mileage out of this one...Villain had :ts:club: for a busted gut-shot and overs.

Is the blinds squeeze happy?Would bet bigger on flop/turn but w/e. Turn line I like, sometimes I c/c or bet/3-bet, but I'd like to have a good idea about his adjustments before c/c. His river bet is strange, especially his size. I think I'd be inclined to look him up and make a note.

Is the blinds squeeze happy?Would bet bigger on flop/turn but w/e. Turn line I like, sometimes I c/c or bet/3-bet, but I'd like to have a good idea about his adjustments before c/c. His river bet is strange, especially his size. I think I'd be inclined to look him up and make a note.
Does your name stand for "I Am Going To Tell All Your Moms"?I don't recall the blinds being squeeze happy, but that'd only marginally influence whether I open-raise this hand in the CO.And, my flop and turn betting are pretty consistent with my normal sizing.
Does your name stand for "I Am Going To Tell All Your Moms"?I don't recall the blinds being squeeze happy, but that'd only marginally influence whether I open-raise this hand in the CO.And, my flop and turn betting are pretty consistent with my normal sizing.
If blinds are not squeeze happy then I look him up with more confidence. I mean, he is pretty much repping a weird slowplay with turn raise and the river bet. Ha, the sn has multiple meanings, and you just added another one!