Theinvestor Is A Scammer

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya, i had nothing to do with it. thanks!
Oops...my bad Jesse!

i can't even begin to express how much this saddens me. I'm not familiar with who is staking who around here (yet it seems that everybody but me has a backer), but i staked him right around xmas time and let him keep all his winnings thinking that maybe he could get a bankroll going for himself. (sure it was only a min cash in a 4.40, but still). I find it funny that people with bigger bankrolls than me take stakes from people. Not to sound mean, but i don't take stakes unless it's something completely out of my roll to play (which is usually pretty much any tourney) and even then, if i have the amount and i want to play i try not to take the stakes away from someone who can not afford it completely to give them a chance to build something up. Not that i minded giving him a stake, i just find it odd that someone with a bankroll 10x bigger than mine would be asking for one.i hope you guys get your money back in some way, shape or form. I also hope it doesn't discourage you from coaching those people who really want to learn.edit: i guess it was just a little before xmas, i can't find it anymore...i just remember being really really happy for him when he won

Why is it that the defendant in these spots always has a lusty signature? Also, I find it shockingly nice that you guys paid the dude's rent.
It might seem shockingly nice, but it's not uncommon at all.Generally when you coach or stake someone you spend quite a bit of time in the beginning getting to know that person and evaluating their character. A bond is formed because you have taken an interest in that person and you really want to see them succeed.I've coached people before and later found out that they couldn't pay. The problem with that is not so much the money, it's how they handled the situation. Similar to this one, they just vanish. Like I said before, communication is so important in these types of situations. Not that any of these actions are justified. But if you sit down and talk with someone, it makes the situation a lot better. People who are loaning money are typically generous to begin with. So if you explain to them that you just need a bit more time, more often than not they will understand.I've loaned money and staked tons of people. Usually it works out.In higher stakes games you will encounter people who are good for the game, but run out of liquid cash during a session. That person almost always ends up playing on credit. Those are the situations that become truly tricky. I've had plenty of people stiff me in situations like that. And those are the most costly. You might be thinking that you can just say no, you can't play on credit. But believe it or not, you will be frowned upon from the rest of the table. So if a person does disappear, usually someone else will buy the debt. But they but it at a fraction of the value. Not fun.

Damn, this really sucks. And no doubt, it's just going to make it tougher and tougher for anyone around here to get a staking deal. Bubbleboy, expect a PM from me.

I'm pretty new here obviously but it does suck to hear when one member screws another member. (Insert funny joke here).I have a feeling i'm going to look to get staked some day and i'll probably get turned away because knowone or not many people especially new ppl can't be trusted. I'll just have to provide my backer with my cell number i guess :ts. Anyways GL op in getting what's owed to you, i wish u the best :club:

I'm pretty new here obviously but it does suck to hear when one member screws another member. (www.fullcontacthookups.com).I have a feeling i'm going to look to get staked some day and i'll probably get turned away because knowone or not many people especially new ppl can't be trusted. I'll just have to provide my backer with my cell number i guess :ts. Anyways GL op in getting what's owed to you, i wish u the best :club:
FYP

Sucks mate.I can't collect my $500 from a guy for months as well. He doesn't reply or contact me for weeks but i see him playing sngs on FTP everyday.

Sucks mate.I can't collect my $500 from a guy for months as well. He doesn't reply or contact me for weeks but i see him playing sngs on FTP everyday.
<---- has been owed $1600 in poker debt for over a year by two trusted players
<---- has been owed $1600 in poker debt for over a year by two trusted players
You said 2 BJ's and we we were even. You, sir, are a liar. And, this situation really does suck for the guys who took it upon themselves to do some cool stuff. I imagine it won't stop them going forward but it will make them more wary of the pitfalls of this sort of arrangement.