Fcp Mount Rushmore

Hollywood AFDDon GiovanniAll_Inrcgs59
lol, knew my name would make the list FCP MT. RUSHMORE1. Daniel N2. FCP Bob3. NoSup4U4. Fluffdog87
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose you are referring to his post on the micro-NL algorithmic playing style of just shoving your huge hands. I never got the impression that he claimed it was optimal or the best in terms of learning - the whole point was that it was a winning style, and reinforced Smash's opinion that LHE was a more difficult game to beat.He did have some excellent strat posts though - the first post I ever made in strategy was about playing a mid pair in late position and it turned into an 8 page discussion mainly due to Smash on raising versus limping in late position. Whether or not you agreed with him, he always made arguments.
Yes, he always made arguments, not always good ones.Even his posts on 6-max LHE, which was apparently his bread and butter game weren't always that good.

When talking about a Mt Rushmore, I think we have to go with legendary posters/FCPers. We won't be DN on the list because it's his site so that choice woiuld just be too easy/obvious.I like DNA4ever as a choice since he's been around since the beginning and done a lot for the community. I think I'll put Suited_Up on there because he's turned posting of FCP into a full-time job. Have to go with Smasharoo, dude is an FCP legend and was definitely ahead of the curve when it came to poker knowledge.Finally, I'll go with PartyPSux (JC), an FCPer who had a dream and made good on it.

When talking about a Mt Rushmore, I think we have to go with legendary posters/FCPers. We won't be DN on the list because it's his site so that choice woiuld just be too easy/obvious.I like DNA4ever as a choice since he's been around since the beginning and done a lot for the community. I think I'll put Suited_Up on there because he's turned posting of FCP into a full-time job. Have to go with Smasharoo, dude is an FCP legend and was definitely ahead of the curve when it came to poker knowledge.Finally, I'll go with PartyPSux (JC), an FCPer who had a dream and made good on it.
Way to stick it to the man and put me on there!
Oh, you joined in 07? I'm shocked.If you haven't been here since 2005, you shouldn't even get a vote.This whole thread tilts me, lol.
internet-serious-business.jpgDon't mean to call you out, but everyone who has complained about the lists haven't even posted one of their own.
Don't mean to call you out, but everyone who has complained about the lists haven't even posted one of their own.
I would, but it would have me on it, and I didn't want to hear about it, lol.Honestly, I don't know who I'd put though.Smash and JC both left, which to me, kinda disqualifes them. (Though that makes this even tougher.) And a bunch of the other people are such a toss up. Nobody said you had to be good at poker to be an FCP (whatever this thing makes you), ya know? So it makes it tough to pick 4. In fact, I think by thinking of who has had success at poker recently really clouds the whole thing. Too poker-ey and too much having to do with recent memory.
Yes, he always made arguments, not always good ones.Even his posts on 6-max LHE, which was apparently his bread and butter game weren't always that good.
It has been some time since the days of Smash, but I never recall any of his 'serious' strat posts being obviously in wrong. There were a ton of the "fold preflop" variety, but his more detailed posts always made me think at least. I know there were a sizable group of detractors - KDawg being one of them - but I always felt like Smash, whether by rhetoric or logic, gave his arguments some weight.
It has been some time since the days of Smash, but I never recall any of his 'serious' strat posts being obviously in wrong. There were a ton of the "fold preflop" variety, but his more detailed posts always made me think at least. I know there were a sizable group of detractors - KDawg being one of them - but I always felt like Smash, whether by rhetoric or logic, gave his arguments some weight.
Except probably none of it applies to the games nowadays.
Too poker-ey and too much having to do with recent memory.
To be expected though. This is a poker forum and as far as "recent memory," the whole out of sight, out of mind thing. It's the same reason why these type of lists for athletes and the like usually include a ton of recent players.

1. ) Balloon Guy (how has he gotten no e-val in this thread?)2. ) CheckyMcFold (inspired and educated a generation on all things non-nlhe)3. ) BeansNIceWater (Someone from OT needs to be here, and he's put out top-shelf stuff for years)4. ) Qyayqi (I'll shiv anyone who says different).

To be expected though. This is a poker forum and as far as "recent memory," the whole out of sight, out of mind thing. It's the same reason why these type of lists for athletes and the like usually include a ton of recent players.
Oh for sure. People just need to not be sheep. :club:
L-oh, fuckin' L.. Yeah..those three have done a ton for this site.. and I'm skinny. Smash, Renae, Ron Mexico and Jayson Weber, plzlthx.
Renae and RM most def would have my vote. Why would the other two even get an honorable mention? Honorable being used specifically with regard to a mention and not to either ex-poster's character.