Why We Enjoy Fcp

I enjoy FCP because of the community feel. Most members root for other members to do well and try to help out or give encouragement when there are bumps in the road. I feel a sense of pride when an fcp'er does well and I hope things will improve for them when they do not. Some members give advice on poker and others give advice on life. The majority of us found FCP from our common interest of poker, but we stayed here because of the people we enjoy to hear from. We are a diverse group of people from many different walks of life and areas of the globe, but I feel that makes us better. I enjoy FCP because of the people! :club:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have enjoyed FCP for years because there is always something going on somewhere. If I'm have questions about my game there are places and people I can talk to in order to help try to improve myself. If I'm at work and I'm surfing around just killing time there's plenty of interesting banter going on to read. I think we shine our brightest during final table rail calls, it shows that even though we have arguments, disagreements, etc when it comes down to it, we are a community and we do come together to support our own. Also, I have seen us show amazing support for each other when we are down.

well said Fluff, It's the love for the same game. Each person is different and has something to offer. Whether it's advice on poker, life, cooking, exercise, or anything else. We can and have supported each other during rough patches when family members have become ill or have gone to a better place. This place is special and it's the people here that make it that way. Right now things are bumpy but with a little time and patience it will settle. Don't let your ego's get the better of you, as you are just the same as anyone else here a member of the FCP family.

well said Fluff, It's the love for the same game. Each person is different and has something to offer. Whether it's advice on poker, life, cooking, exercise, or anything else. We can and have supported each other during rough patches when family members have become ill or have gone to a better place. This place is special and it's the people here that make it that way. Right now things are bumpy but with a little time and patience it will settle. Don't let your ego's get the better of you, as you are just the same as anyone else here a member of the FCP family.
rose if u mention "love of the game" one more time tonight i will shoot myself.
ban
but of course we have our sour grapes as well lol

I originally wanted to post in NNB's training thread, after it closed I thought about starting a new thread.......but this seems like a great place to chime in.Fluff, I promise this isn't a hijack. I just wanted to address a few things. And add my response to your thread.I've had a lot of experience with creating a training thread. In the beginning they were really well received and I had some amazing groups of people come on board. Toward the end I would still find people who wanted to train. But the threads became controversial. This is something that I had to learn to deal with. And sometimes I didn't deal with the situations correctly. But you live and you learn. Fortunately for me I ended up with roughly 25 people who went through s7s, and I think/hope people benefited in a positive way. Certainly some got more out of it then others. But at the end of the day, I couldn't be happier with the results that I witnessed. I guess when a person, myself specifcially, is trying to get something going........it takes away from the positive nature of things when controversy clouds the issue. I don't know anyone who gets into teaching because it is financially lucrative. Sure you can make some money here and there. But I think that people who teach genuinely want to help others. And if someone attacks that, it can be painful.Yes FCP is an internet poker forum where anyone can come on and attack people or support someone. But when a person devotes much of their life to poker, and an individual comes in and starts cutting that person down.......it kinda sucks. I've been a member and poster on FCP since the very beginning. I've obviously seen tons of changes. But one of the coolest things is to watch guys like JC, Fluff, Whatarunaa, etc become really successful. I know that there are tons of other people as well, and please forgive me if I didn't specifically mention you. Those were just a few that came to mind. Sadly people do leave poker forums. We've lost some truly great players. But we've also lost tons of people that nobody really thinks about because they weren't poker "stars", or in the limelight. That too is sad.Now onto the good stuff.I now realize that I can come onto FCP and get help with virtually anything in my life. Not only that, threads like "what have you done that 99% haven't" are literally fascinating.If I have issues with my computer, need help finding something random, whatever it is........I can always post on FCP and someone will help me. That to me is truly amazing.And I'm really grateful that we have this place.Sorry if this was too long.Steve

ban
:3h:5c
rose if u mention "love of the game" one more time tonight i will shoot myself.
GFY SIR!!! I agree with you Fluff OBV!!! :ts:club::4h

Do not hijack this thread to fight.What are some other things people enjoy about fcp? :club:

I like that fact that we can call each other out on our bullshit but are still there by that person's side when it's crunch time. If that doesn't say family I don't know what does. Except snamuh, I'm pretty sure that little homo is adopted. I'll try harder to pretend to love him.

I like that fact that we can call each other out on our bullshit but still be there by that person's side when it's crunch time. If that doesn't say family I don't know what does. Except snamuh, I'm pretty sure that little homo is adopted. I'll try harder to pretend to love him.
Snamuh is a great guy and has a lot of talent. Real love for Brett ftw.

I like FCP because I can post in Off Topic. :)It is a great forum... I actually think about this forum a lot in my current job. I am a supervisor of a team that chats and emails customers. Most of my agents work at home. I use my experience on this forum to create a community within my team (we are spread out in three states). So thank you everyone on this forum. You have proven that you really can create a virtual community. I feel there are many people here that I actually "know" even thought I never met them. That is awesome!And Fluff... I am rooting for you all the way. Take down the WSOP! :club:

What are some other things people enjoy about fcp? :club:
I read several poker forums (for strategy reasons and simply to be in touch with the poker community in general a bit) but I read none as regular as FCP and I didn't register on any other ones.I like that on this forum you actually know a large percentage of people who post, as a result of that in rail threads you have people who sincerely root for the Fcp-er to win.It's also large enough that new posts are made regularly, and small enough so that you aren't swarmed in posts and can keep up reading topics without wasting too much time.It's a good balance :ts
Do not hijack this thread to fight.What are some other things people enjoy about fcp? :club:
I have gotten to know many people who I now consider friends that I wouldn't have if not for FCP. I have also done many things such as play in a $1500 WSOP event that if it were not for FCP and these people I wouldn't have. No matter where you go, 2+2, pocket fives etc.. they will be idiots. You just have to ignore them and they will go away.Long Live FCPJinky

Classy posts by guys whom FCP needs more than they need FCP.

I enjoy FCP because of the community feel. Most members root for other members to do well and try to help out or give encouragement when there are bumps in the road. I feel a sense of pride when an fcp'er does well and I hope things will improve for them when they do not. Some members give advice on poker and others give advice on life. The majority of us found FCP from our common interest of poker, but we stayed here because of the people we enjoy to hear from. We are a diverse group of people from many different walks of life and areas of the globe, but I feel that makes us better. I enjoy FCP because of the people! :club:
I now realize that I can come onto FCP and get help with virtually anything in my life. Not only that, threads like "what have you done that 99% haven't" are literally fascinating.If I have issues with my computer, need help finding something random, whatever it is........I can always post on FCP and someone will help me. That to me is truly amazing.And I'm really grateful that we have this place.Sorry if this was too long.Steve