Guest XXEddie
I can't stand the min raise, that's the most annoying thing in the world.
i love it(in a funny way) when people do it 10000 times with A) the nuts, then they say "what a play, i goated him with the small raiseB) Top pair....thinking its THAT good
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When theres a lot of players are in the pot and it comes to the big blind and he raises min. Yeah i agree thats horrible.It just makes you call off more chips and it opens the door for a re-raise when all you wanted was to see a flop.

I host home games regularly, and there are generally a few bad players.knowing this, I generally just let them play, understanding that they are beginners, and i try not to get angry when they play like retards.One thing that does bug me is when bad players extremely overplay Low pocket pairs. I don't really know why it bugs me, as it usually pays me off, but it is just so illogical, even for a beginner.Like, last night, I had a friend call me down to the river with Pocket 2's, when the board showed TJQK7.The thing that bothers me the most is when people try to enforce their own rules on my home game. For instance, at my games, we always allow rebuys for the first hour. This one stubborn fellow who I invite sometimes is strongly against rebuys. Last night, he said to me "nah, no rebuys tonight, I don't want to be here all night". ok fine then, leave now.Another thing I allow at my games is when someone is contemplating a call, they are allowed to flip their cards over to get a read from their oponnents faces. Someone last night was up against the same stubborn guy, told him he was going to flip up his cards, and when he did the guy said "hah, got you beat, I've got a flush" then proceeded to argue for 10 minutes about how when somebody flips their cards it means they've called, and he should have all of his chips.Anyway, about 20 minutes later, I caught this a.sshole cheating (dealt himself pocket Kings, I watched him arrange the deck then called him on it) and I kicked him the hell out of my house. We were aquaintences and kind of freinds before this, but I'll never talk to him again after this.

I really hate it when people say "nice catch" after they lose to you. I had one guy tell me that. Of course I had flopped the nut straight and he missed his flush and he says "nice catch"

There's this one guy at my home game and whenever he loses to a bad beat, for some reason, everytime, he starts urinating on the table and berating the other players.I totally hate that. Ugh.
i also play with bill fillmaff."another second place in these 2-player tourneys. second place, second place, disqualified for urinating on the table, second place"some funny stuff
I hate when people wait for the big blind to leave.
yeah, how dare people get the most free looks for their money...freakin' doucheclowns!We have a guy in our game that takes forever to turn over his cards at the showdown. He just looks at them, then looks at board, then looks at the cards again, then thinks, then looks at board again, etc...Drives me crazy!
the min raise is HILARIOUS! i love it! i honestly laugh out loud when i see it used online... my favorite is when someone bets pot at a flop and then the KTo idiot who hit his ten raises min behind and loses to the AT that bet into him. so funny!
5. Acting out of turn - I really don't mind this. Why would you? It Helps you!
It certainly doesn't help you if you acted before the one who acted out of turn. In fact, it hurts you because it gives any player sitting between you and the guy who acted out of turn an advantage of information which he shouldn't have and which you didn't have . If I'm UTG and I bet and then UTG+2 acts out of turn and throws his hand into the muck before UTG+1 has done anything, UTG+1 now has an unfair advantage of information to use in making his decision that I didn't have and that he's not technically entitled to. Anytime someone acts out of turn, someone at the table stands to unfairly benefit and someone stands to unfairly suffer, so it shouldn't be tolerated at all. Correct?
5. Acting out of turn - I really don't mind this. Why would you? It Helps you!
It certainly doesn't help you if you acted before the one who acted out of turn. In fact, it hurts you because it gives any player sitting between you and the guy who acted out of turn an advantage of information which he shouldn't have and which you didn't have . If I'm UTG and I bet and then UTG+2 acts out of turn and throws his hand into the muck before UTG+1 has done anything, UTG+1 now has an unfair advantage of information to use in making his decision that I didn't have and that he's not technically entitled to. Anytime someone acts out of turn, someone at the table stands to unfairly benefit and someone stands to unfairly suffer, so it shouldn't be tolerated at all. Correct?
exactly. i dislike it even when it helps me.

i hate when i'm playing no-limit and i have say $125 in chips and this other guy has say $250 in front of him and he bets exactly what i have left rather than just moving all-in. don't know about you guys but i find that sort of thing annoying and pedantic.

I can't believe no one has said this yet. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people say "sorry" after sucking out. I know it feels like common courtesy, much like the way tennis players hold up their rackets after their ball hits the net cord and bounces in some screwy way for a winner. You know they didn't go into the hand trying to win it that way. But, I'm NEVER sorry when I suck out on someone. I'm ALWAYS happy when it happens. By saying sorry, I would be lying right to someone's face. When people say sorry to me, I usually say "Can I have the pot then if you're sorry?" The most I'd ever say to someone is along the lines of "wow, tough beat". At least that way you acknowledge that you won with the worst hand, and that they're upset about it.#2 pet peeve is probably bluffing into a dry side pot when you're close to the money in tournaments. I could absolutely kill some people when they habitually do this. I try to be as nice as possible to bad players, but I find it impossible to smile and say "nice play" to someone who does that.

Matt Miner said:

i hate when i'm playing no-limit and i have say $125 in chips and this other guy has say $250 in front of him and he bets exactly what i have left rather than just moving all-in. don't know about you guys but i find that sort of thing annoying and pedantic.
I love doing this. It's a total kick in the nuts to your opponent. It's my way of saying "Bye-Bye"*L*T* :-)
Why is this that bad?? Just wondering??Even worse, I'll bet 1 LESS than what he has, so when he raises all-in, he has to show his cards because I'm the one calling him. I bet that would REALLY make you happy, huh?
What stupid, little things do you find annoying you at the table?I'd have to say slow, unaware play. I don't mind someone taking their time to make a decision, but we have a guy in our home game who has to have his name called 8 or 9 times per hour. We have to tell him the action is on him, we tell him to deal the cards, we tell him to cut the cards. He's usually talking, watching TV or daydreaming. He's a nice guy, so we try not to be too harsh.
I hate it when people take forever to fold, or when the house rules are only english at the table and people start talking in a nother launage. Pisses me off. Or when jerks splash the pot.
Why is this that bad?? Just wondering??Even worse, I'll bet 1 LESS than what he has, so when he raises all-in, he has to show his cards because I'm the one calling him. I bet that would REALLY make you happy, huh?
I used to put the guy all-in but now I'l ALLWAYS go a buck short. LMAO
Oh, the people I influence to do d!ck things....
Oh, the people I influence to do d!ck things....
It's your wonderful contribution to society.

I hate players who will raise EVERY pot or limp, pretty much see 90% of the flops and will call to the river regardless just to see what you have. like if i have AK, flop is A 4 7 i bet, they call, turn J, i bet, they call, river 3, and they show me 4-3. As if this isnt bad enough, they will then act all offended and wronged when you suck out on them. One time i flopped a set, pushed my last $10 in, got called by one of these guys, who has 2-3 suited for 4 to the flush, he gets it on the turn but the board pairs the river giving me the boat. then he gets mad and complains about a bad beat. maybe if you didnt call my preflop raise with 23 suited you wouldnt lose hands like that.but they're great for the bankrolls and easy to put on tilt. when i asked one why he played the way he did, he said, "i just love to play poker!" to which i quickly responsed with, "no, you really don't!"

i hate it when your in a tournament with rapidly rising blinds, and people are farting around, not dealing, the cards arent shuffled, who's the big blind ect.. whether im the big or short stack, i want the cards in the air and the action moving.my biggest pet peeve is when someone wins a pot in a tournament, and we have to wait for him to stack his chips when he should be dealing. deal the damn cards, then stack the chips.this last one will get me flamed, but i really hate college kids that think they are phil ivey. most of my players are 30 plus, and almost without fail, when a college kid sits in he turns into joe poker at the table with his chip tricks and lingo. i especially hate when this one kid says and $5 "on top" instead if saying raise. some of these kids know how to play, but they don't have what it takes to sit at the table for 6 hours and not piss away what they have won. i love when they have to call $10 raises to see a flop. after two or three missed flops, they don't chirp up much. i have nothing against young players, i just love squashing the cocky ones.

I hate it when after the river has come, and you've turned over the probable winning hand, and the fish looks at his cards, looks back at the board, looks at his cards, looks back at the board......like he's trying to decide if he won or not. Just flip them over and let the dealer figure it out of you're not sure! Another one, though it's not so much a pet peeve, but more like a "who cares?" kinda thing--when the flop comes, say, 3d 10c 7h, and the player next to you whispers to you "d'oh, I should've kept my 3 7 offsuit!!" yeah, whatever dude..... :roll:

-having to bite my tongue when fish draw out. yes i know i need to keep quiet b/c i dont wanna run them off...but man sometimes its hard[/i]
Totally agree. Usually I don't say anything when the fish suck out on me, because I know that they will be giving my money back eventually, but last Saturday, I finally cracked and went off on a couple fishes after some heinous suck outs!! "Why in God's name would you play a 10 5 off suit UTG and then spike two pair on the flop?" "Way to chase the four outer when I'm betting top pair all the way" Basic goofy stuff like that. I'm not proud of myself for it, but everyone has their boiling point, and I guess I'd finally reached mine. :roll:

This pisses me off a lot too.Players that DONT flip cards after they are all in, they are like "I DONT FLIP!" It's REALLY really annoying.

only one person has pointed this out. but when someone wants to bet, and they instead say "raise".....i hate that. people that complain about being unlucky players. no, you're not unlucky that you have never won a tourney, you SUCK.

i hate it when your in a tournament with rapidly rising blinds, and people are farting around, not dealing, the cards arent shuffled, who's the big blind ect.. whether im the big or short stack, i want the cards in the air and the action moving.
same here. esp when i play my tues and wed night games...its like "MoFo! i got work in the morning....deal the effin cards"