State Of The Forum Address

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle.
Behind every good man there is a woman, and that woman was Martha Washington, man, and everyday George would come home, she would have a big fat bowl waiting for him, man, when he come in the door, man, she was a hip, hip, hip lady, man.

Lol, also I had no idea rdog left the forum until this thread. Does some1 wanna cliffnote me as to why? I dont feel like reading 26 pages!!!On another note, I just want to point out I understand that zoo was interested in my stats to see if he was interested in signing up, but I did not deem it necessary to show my stats. The people I want in my group alreaady know who I am and that I can provide a good service. I was jut letting them know that I am now providing it and what actually it entails. I think the fact he called me a bad or breakeven player and that I should not be getting ppl to be my students because of my meh pokerdb is what annoyed me, because as almost all of you know I can clearly help peoples MTT games a bunch. Anyways, just felt like clearing that up as I dont feel that everyone understood exactly what I was saying. Anyways, enough of that, just wanted to post that somewhere.Now, Yes I am still offering coaching that thread is just locked as it clearly was going downhill. I will keep a link to that OP in my sig for the next few days until I round up my class. Also, free training for king if he comes back to FCP!

Lol, also I had no idea rdog left the forum until this thread. Does some1 wanna cliffnote me as to why? I dont feel like reading 26 pages!!!On another note, I just want to point out I understand that zoo was interested in my stats to see if he was interested in signing up, but I did not deem it necessary to show my stats. The people I want in my group alreaady know who I am and that I can provide a good service. I was jut letting them know that I am now providing it and what actually it entails. I think the fact he called me a bad or breakeven player and that I should not be getting ppl to be my students because of my meh pokerdb is what annoyed me, because as almost all of you know I can clearly help peoples MTT games a bunch. Anyways, just felt like clearing that up as I dont feel that everyone understood exactly what I was saying. Anyways, enough of that, just wanted to post that somewhere.Now, Yes I am still offering coaching that thread is just locked as it clearly was going downhill. I will keep a link to that OP in my sig for the next few days until I round up my class. Also, free training for king if he comes back to FCP!
ummm i quit too then

King, does your decision to leave have anything to do with my comments in NNB's 'Im Taking On Students' thread or was it something else? I'd hate to have anything I say drive someone from somewhere they enjoy being.

Man, it's like a freaking zoo in here. OMG OMG I just said a funny..Sorry guys. I'm not funny and I'm a loser. Don't read my posts anymore.

LOL, way to take one for the team Jordan. Check my join date. Just because someone doesn't spend every waking day jacking up his post count on here doesn't me he 'hasn't been around long enough to understand what OP is saying'. I have been reading this forum every day since I joined and know full well the different personalities and cliques.
damn you are hella good at poker and all knowing in the forum?zoo for featured member
rdog wanted a more private place in which the challenge thread could have more information on players etc i think. so the challenge thread was moved and a new one started at a new forum which rdog created. this may be slightly off, but def sort of why i think. . . . . plus was to do with the DMFLOPPEDIT thread about the trolling.

I don't think zoo had anything to do with it as much as the fact that about 25 contributing, regular, winning poker players essentially stopped using this site as their main mode of communication all at once. Whether or not they should have is a fair question, but the fact is, they all did. So now there is a huge void where there was once a bunch of talent. The fact is, there a bunch of people that post here to regularly help each other make significant amounts of money. Like, money you can spend on bills and stuff. So when they just up and leave, it's gonna be different. It probably won't affect those that post occasionally or come around for fun every week or so. Again, I'm not justifying this OP, people leaving, or any of that other stuff. But if 25 of your closest friends all regular one bar for a few years, and then all of a sudden go to another one, you're probably going to go, too.This post has no real point in relation to anything else being talked about here, I just wanted to I guess say something about the current state of the forum, and there you go.

I don't think zoo had anything to do with it as much as the fact that about 25 contributing, regular, winning poker players essentially stopped using this site as their main mode of communication all at once. Whether or not they should have is a fair question, but the fact is, they all did. So now there is a huge void where there was once a bunch of talent. The fact is, there a bunch of people that post here to regularly help each other make significant amounts of money. Like, money you can spend on bills and stuff. So when they just up and leave, it's gonna be different. It probably won't affect those that post occasionally or come around for fun every week or so. Again, I'm not justifying this OP, people leaving, or any of that other stuff. But if 25 of your closest friends all regular one bar for a few years, and then all of a sudden go to another one, you're probably going to go, too.This post has no real point in relation to anything else being talked about here, I just wanted to I guess say something about the current state of the forum, and there you go.
you've been on point lately sir imoedit: with the metaphors espec

Even if this is just some cool kid leveling that I'm not in on, this same bullshit has happened about once a year, every year since this forum started. All the really cool guys who add a lot will be replaced by other new, cool, hip posters who have astounding, mind blowing things to say.... until those guys get all self important and take all their conversing to AIM and MSN and/or other cooler forums. And so on and so on.. Edit: I think I made one of these posts myself, a couple years ago. How embarassing.

Even if this is just some cool kid leveling that I'm not in on, this same bullshit has happened about once a year, every year since this forum started. All the really cool guys who add a lot will be replaced by other new, cool, hip posters who have astounding, mind blowing things to say.... until those guys get all self important and take all their conversing to AIM and MSN and/or other cooler forums. And so on and so on.. Edit: I think I made one of these posts myself, a couple years ago. How embarassing.
Eh.Pretty sure there was never a mass exodus, by a group of, at worst, moderate part-time winners, and at best, several professional poker players, all at once. Or even close.

One day Daniel Negreanu will decide to quit funding this forum, and the plug will be pulled and all these posts will disappear.Forever.So until then try to have a little fun, be nice and don't forget to prioritize the important from the urgent.And next time I am skipped in a BFF bracket there will be hell to pay!