State Of The Forum Address

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys dont try and argue with Pivvy, he'll throw his thesaurus at you.

If we all left, what would happen?
Pretty sure Pivvy would just multi post a buncha "drivel" that no one would read.
I keep looking at your avatar because I hope someday he'll make that shot.First of all, thank you for capitalizing my name. I don't think anyone has ever done that for me. With regards to the White Sox comment, are you calling me a loser or a champion?
I'm also a fan of the Second City's Second Team. The White Sox are often overlooked, but their fan's recognize that and infact enjoy it.
And I thought we had bonded over the Illini in that other thread.
Bonds over the Illini only go so far, especially when they lose to PSU HJKGDFHGKDJFG TILT.To be honest, the only thing that pisses me off when it comes to you is that you are openly critical of everyone, yet if anyone comes back at you, you've done nothing wrong. I haven't seen you actually offer constructive criticism, it's just bashing people over the head with the obvious for no reason other than to make them angry/upset about it.We all do dumb crap, but yours is seeming to be a lot. How about instead of just yelling at people over how bad their play is, try offering what you would have done in the situation instead, and people may start appreciating your posts a bit more.BTW, you can thank the Illini for my niceness in this post. If it weren't for that I'd really go off...as if FCP isn't Full Complete Preppyland right now anyway.
I'm also a fan of the Second City's Second Team. The White Sox are often overlooked, but their fan's recognize that and infact enjoy it.
I totally agree with you.
I totally agree with you.
I am a lifelong Cubs fan.My mother is a lifelong White Sox fan.Ever since 2005, every birthday I get another 2005 White Sox T-shirt, banner, or poster. She has informed me that she has ten years worth of this prepared.I hate my life.
Bonds over the Illini only go so far, especially when they lose to PSU HJKGDFHGKDJFG TILT.To be honest, the only thing that pisses me off when it comes to you is that you are openly critical of everyone, yet if anyone comes back at you, you've done nothing wrong. I haven't seen you actually offer constructive criticism, it's just bashing people over the head with the obvious for no reason other than to make them angry/upset about it.We all do dumb crap, but yours is seeming to be a lot. How about instead of just yelling at people over how bad their play is, try offering what you would have done in the situation instead, and people may start appreciating your posts a bit more.BTW, you can thank the Illini for my niceness in this post. If it weren't for that I'd really go off...as if FCP isn't Full Complete Preppyland right now anyway.
I don't want to derail this thread, but to be clear, I don't care at all about you being nice. Feel free to make fun of me on the Internet to your heart's content. I don't really have a problem with you, but if you want to criticize me or my posts that is fair game. The only person's play I critcized was I Fold. That is it. I made fun of Ex Matt because he might be the most worthless person I have ever encountered online (I know how that sounds). And to be clear, I never claimed to have done nothing wrong. I provoked I Fold and acknowledged that.
I don't want to derail this thread, but to be clear, I don't care at all about you being nice. Feel free to make fun of me on the Internet to your heart's content. I don't really have a problem with you, but if you want to criticize me or my posts that is fair game. The only person's play I critcized was I Fold. That is it. I made fun of Ex Matt because he might be the most worthless person I have ever encountered online (I know how that sounds). And to be clear, I never claimed to have done nothing wrong. I provoked I Fold and acknowledged that.
I'm worthless?? What have you contributed to anything? Maybe you teach retarded children to spell or something and we don't know about it, so please let us know of your worth.
I'm not happy either, FU qyayqi I'm leaving. Either he gets banned or i quit
hmm. i really don't want to go, but if it is a choice between someone with an impressive resume of results + varied content, and a guy who posts... ummm... lolcalts... i think i'll have to stop posting so gmj doesn't leave.i'm not sure what caused the issues, but i apologize for whatever perceived insult i posted. i guess i can sometimes be a bit of a, uh, drama llama? is that the right term?is me leaving close enough to a ban? does it have to be a ban or nothing?<sad face> i liked this place. i really did.

Here comes the DRAMA. This is what it's all about. I figure this is a good time to tell everyone that I'm going to bed and don't worry because I will be posting tomorrow.

What I mean is rather than posting senseless nonsense, more substance posts would be in order. For example, hitting the strat forum (I know I'm rarely there but I've been there and posted some stuff...). Heck, get on AIM if there's people on here that IM you and discuss hands back and forth and if the opinions are different go post it in the strat forum and see what people think. I think I've got about 7 people on AIM from here that I just bounce hands off of to get opinions. That's what the community is about, improving play and helping each other, not this senseless bickering. You want proof? Look at my stats on the site of your choosing, and see if you can tell about when this realization came. Things like this will make the community a lot stronger, instead of the cliques and rogues that just want to attack each other back and forth. It's not like we're in high school - it's the internet, and we're here to enjoy ourselves and make money. Simple as that./rant, understand if tl;drEDIT: Oh no I just used "senseless nonsense". Quick, the grammar and spelling police are coming, run!
Here comes the DRAMA. This is what it's all about. I figure this is a good time to tell everyone that I'm going to bed and don't worry because I will be posting tomorrow.
Yo. Check my profile for AIM name if you wanna discuss hands/Chitown sports. GN man I'm outskies too.
I'm worthless?? What have you contributed to anything? Maybe you teach retarded children to spell or something and we don't know about it, so please let us know of your worth.
You know nothing about me. I have no reason to justify myself to you..... but, for what it's worth, I have a job that contributes to society, I provide for my family and I contribute substantial time (about 200 hours a year) and money to charities and other worthy causes. Sorry that I don't play poker for a living.
What I mean is rather than posting senseless nonsense, more substance posts would be in order. For example, hitting the strat forum (I know I'm rarely there but I've been there and posted some stuff...). Heck, get on AIM if there's people on here that IM you and discuss hands back and forth and if the opinions are different go post it in the strat forum and see what people think. I think I've got about 7 people on AIM from here that I just bounce hands off of to get opinions. That's what the community is about, improving play and helping each other, not this senseless bickering. You want proof? Look at my stats on the site of your choosing, and see if you can tell about when this realization came. Things like this will make the community a lot stronger, instead of the cliques and rogues that just want to attack each other back and forth. It's not like we're in high school - it's the internet, and we're here to enjoy ourselves and make money. Simple as that./rant, understand if tl;dr
This is a fair post. I am here for entertainment. To the extent I have ever diminished anyone else's entertainment, I apologize.
After the recent events, with trolls constantly posting nothing but hostile comments towards many of the most respected and decorated posters at this forum, I feel like it is time to call it a posting "career."It pains me to say this as someone who has learned so much through this forum and met so many great people. However, the number of trolls and people with absolutely nothing to provide to up and coming poker players has made me decide that there is no reason to continue here.Driving away BKice, Hoos, and JC (et. al) was bad enough, but with driving away RDog and nnb, I feel that I have outgrown this place and don't really need it anymore. Anyone I want to speak with or discuss strat with I have on AIM or can text whenever I want.So today, I want to thank everyone who has helped me grow as a poker player and learn so much about the game. I will still be at the meetup and house at the WSOP, but just won't be around here. I wish you all the best and those wishing to get in contact with me can freely do so on AIM.Lots of love, mad respect, and best of luck,Sean.
And another nestling flies away.Best of luck.
is me leaving close enough to a ban? does it have to be a ban or nothing?<sad face> i liked this place. i really did.
I find it hilarious that people actually get "offended" by "trolls".They're trolls.Just ignore them.If you can't, you probably think you're more important than you really are.And, it's the internets.I love you King, but you opened a door (i'll sex you on skype later, imo)- Jordan
agreed :club: