• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a pretty big ST fan (grew up with OS, enjoyed Voyager, NextGen, even DS9). Never got into the Scott Bakula retro version. I hope this one has a decent plot because it already looks way overblown with FX, etc...I'd rather see a really stripped down dystopian version, rather than some sleek, glossy ubertech version.

is it true that Spok's mom is supposed to be a Vulcon (sp)? I remember seeing something on Yahoo about Trekkie nerds freaking out about that.
I'm pretty sure his mother was human and his father was Vulcan (spelled with an 'a'), and I am a nerd.P.S. Spock
I'm pretty sure his mother was human and his father was Vulcan (spelled with an 'a'), and I am a nerd.P.S. Spock
yes and yes. btw, I believe mom will be played by Wynona Ryder...talk about hurting for work
Is completely overrated.Have a nice day...
I wasn't a big fan of Cloverfield but Lost is one of the greatest shows EVER and Alias was good (minus script for pregnant lady)
I wasn't a big fan of Cloverfield but Lost is one of the greatest shows EVER and Alias was good (minus script for pregnant lady)
I wouldn't give JJ too much credit for Lost. Besides directing the first 2 episodes I think he is basically an absent producer.
I wouldn't give JJ too much credit for Lost. Besides directing the first 2 episodes I think he is basically an absent producer.
Abrams had a large influence over the creative concept and direction of the show. He and Damon Lindelof basically planned out the story arc for the whole series, and created the characters and mythology of it.
Abrams had a large influence over the creative concept and direction of the show. He and Damon Lindelof basically planned out the story arc for the whole series, and created the characters and mythology of it.
So I can blame him for retarded shit like smoke monsters and completely dropping plot points left and right. Yep, overrated fits perfectly. Oh and Cloverfield was pretty shitty.
  • 1 month later...
Is completely overrated.Have a nice day...
I disagree.Cloverfield? Really great. Did exactly what it intended to do, and did it quite well.Mission Impossible 3? Fantastic. Such an underrated movie.Lost? Best show on TV right now.I'm not a Trekkie at all, but I'm really excited for this movie.
I disagree.Cloverfield? Really great. Did exactly what it intended to do, and did it quite well.Mission Impossible 3? Fantastic. Such an underrated movie.Lost? Best show on TV right now.I'm not a Trekkie at all, but I'm really excited for this movie.
I disagree...Cloverfield, was an okay concept with mediocre execution. MI3: I'll agree with you there, I enjoyed it.Lost, most overrated show to ever hit TV.This Star Trek looks pretty good though so I'll give it a shot despite his involvement, not because of it.
I disagree...Cloverfield, was an okay concept with mediocre execution. MI3: I'll agree with you there, I enjoyed it.Lost, most overrated show to ever hit TV.This Star Trek looks pretty good though so I'll give it a shot despite his involvement, not because of it.
ya i don't get the love for Cloverfied...it really didn't do it for me.I like all mission impossible films but they're not something I'd go crazy to watch again.Lost IS truly something special.
I agree with all of this. I love MI:3. I really like 2 as well. One was pretty bad.