Hockey Hall Of Fame Poker Tourney

Great writeup, Casey was telling people at Mother's Day celebrations yesterday all about how hilarious you guys are, and she commented on the fact that she's never had a harder time keeping a group of drunk guys on task and focused as she did when you were all playing pool. Apparently you personally had a tendency of taking 2-3 minutes sizing up a shot, lining up your stick, then putting the stick down and walking away without actually taking the shot. LMFAO.
hahahaha, that is true. hahaha, I am dying here at work. I couldn't focus. I would try and line up my shot with the ball I was going to hit and she would always yell, "NO THE WHITE ONE!"
  • Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not eating anything I ordered a Keiths White (which was awesome and I hope to be able to find some again) and sucked it down before we headed to the HHOF.
Very good beer, but Rickards White is better. In Canada, there are two major distributors, Molson and Labatt's, they either own all of the smaller companies, or have distribution rights for them, and each bar ends up signing deals with just one of those companies, so like, some bars will have Coors Light, or Bud Light, but like never both. Same goes for Keiths and Rickards (which are both smaller breweries with a handful of varieties). The more I think about it, I think the sports bar on Saturday had Rickards White. God, it's so much better.I have no idea if these are available in the US, I've never seen them in my travels, and I've never seen an American wheat beer like these. The closest that I know you can get in the US is Hoegaarden, which is a white/wheat beer from Belgium.The White beers are all the rage in Canada now. Rickards put one out a year or two ago, and I started drinking it, and man was it good, and now just recently Keiths put out their copycat brand, and both are running commercials like 24/7 on every channel ever. Great write-up, btw.Had a lot of fun meeting all of you guys.Edit - I'm drinking a Rickards White right now, come to think of it, as I had a case in the fridge, but draft is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> bottles when it comes to wheat beers, imho.
Very good beer, but Rickards White is better. In Canada, there are two major distributors, Molson and Labatt's, they either own all of the smaller companies, or have distribution rights for them, and each bar ends up signing deals with just one of those companies, so like, some bars will have Coors Light, or Bud Light, but like never both. Same goes for Keiths and Rickards (which are both smaller breweries with a handful of varieties). The more I think about it, I think the sports bar on Saturday had Rickards White. God, it's so much better.I have no idea if these are available in the US, I've never seen them in my travels, and I've never seen an American wheat beer like these. The closest that I know you can get in the US is Hoegaarden, which is a white/wheat beer from Belgium.
Im not a big beer guy, but this has one of my favourites for a couple of years now after a friend who knows his shit intoduced it to me.
Casey took today off to recuperate and catch up on things at home, but instead of doing that she's Facebooking. She just uploaded the group pic from the Harbour Grill:Harbour.jpgFrom left: Ray (Troyo), Mike (Tulane), Steve (Piddle), Dan (Biatch), Arp (MLP), Adam (AJS), Zach (6668), John (Untilted). Clearly this was right around Lemon Drop time.
Great PicI always thought of Ray as the pic in his old Avatar. Even though I knew it wasn't him I just thought he looked like that.The only 2 people who looked like I thought in my mind were Zach and Adam but I think that is because I have seen their pictures before.

Regarding the beer discussion...Yes, the beer at the bar Sat night was much better than the one at the hotel. I don't drink much now that I am old and when I do it is either Hoegaarden or Magic Hat 9. If anyone comes to my house, those are usually your choices. There is this other white beer that I can get that is imported from Belgium at this special beer and wine store but I can't remember the name. But I really enjoyed both the Rickards and the Keiths. I hope that store nearby carries at least one of them so when I get the urge to drink again in 5 months I will have some!

Great PicI always thought of Ray as the pic in his old Avatar. Even though I knew it wasn't him I just thought he looked like that.The only 2 people who looked like I thought in my mind were Zach and Adam but I think that is because I have seen their pictures before.
why does Arp look like he is 12 in this pic.
That is definitely not how I pictured John.
John was actually the only GM in the entire FCHL that I had no idea what he looked like, to my knowledge he's never posted a pic of himself on here, our board, or Facebook.
John was actually the only GM in the entire FCHL that I had no idea what he looked like, to my knowledge he's never posted a pic of himself on here, our board, or Facebook.
Same. Anybody could have come up to me and said "Hi, I'm John"and I would've started talking FCHL.When I spotted him in his Rags jersey I knew though.
Why in the heck does it look like I was grabbing Ray's nips? SERIOUSLY! It was Steve! IT WAS STEVE!!!! Ray was grabbing MINE, and it was awkwardly interesting and tender :club: But still REALLY gay!
I will fully admit that I indeed was touching Ben's tata's. I thought he was Cam Neely and got a little over excited.
pretty sure you went after mine with your left hand.
Pics were held back for good reasonBTW, I am in my Avatar, somewhere. Not my fault that it is to small to figure out
Pics were held back for good reasonBTW, I am in my Avatar, somewhere. Not my fault that it is to small to figure out
I can edit the picture pretty easily if you would like, just let me know. You're right on the end so it wouldn't be hard if you have some kind of work or personal concern about being on the interwebz.
I can edit the picture pretty easily if you would like, just let me know. You're right on the end so it wouldn't be hard if you have some kind of work or personal concern about being on the interwebz.
No need. The plain sight officer will be pissed, though.
Why in the heck does it look like I was grabbing Ray's nips? SERIOUSLY! It was Steve! IT WAS STEVE!!!! Ray was grabbing MINE, and it was awkwardly interesting and tender :club: But still REALLY gay!
Unless you have an arm growing out of your neck, it's pretty obviously Steve grabbing Ray. You don't have an arm growing out of your neck, do you? I was pretty drunk but I think I'd remember that much at least. <grin>