Opinions On Building Hu Roll Thru Hu Sngs

5 buck sngs would definately be a grind. If you have 350 bucks thats more than enough for the 10 dollar level. I use to play heads up sngs exclusively, and there's still a lot of weak spots up to the 200 dollar level.

I've also heard a lot of the C-thread guys talk about playing 6-max to build a roll. I'd probably want to ask them but how does that transition over to HU?
Cash or sng? 6 max sngs are quite different that HU sngs. My strategy in 6 max sngs is play tight early and exploit people when the blinds are higher. I don't think you'd want to do that in a HU sng. The advantage of stts over HU is that you could play a lot more at once.
Cash or sng? 6 max sngs are quite different that HU sngs. My strategy in 6 max sngs is play tight early and exploit people when the blinds are higher. I don't think you'd want to do that in a HU sng. The advantage of stts over HU is that you could play a lot more at once.
Sorry, I meant cash. However, I'm 5/7 in husngs so I think thats where I stay for a while.

if you are dead set on playing HU then play the 10 dollar ones. But if you want to play multiple games at once. the 10.40 turbo dons are a solid way to do this. Use the same strat that outside stated. Playing tight for the first 20 to 25 minutes allows you to steal blinds and finish in the top five more often then not. Another option would be to play the 10 dollar hu matches along with mixing in the 4.40 180 mans. They take 3 1/2 to 4 hours but can skyrocket you BR. gl man

Sorry, I meant cash. However, I'm 5/7 in husngs so I think thats where I stay for a while.
5/7 is kind of where you need to be really. 4/7 is making a very small profit after rake. Make sure you keep track of that because rake is a real killer in those.
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there a diffrence in difficulty between the 6.25 turbo and the 5.25 non-turbo HU SNG's?I started playing some of these to improve my HU game in general. When I played 6-max I noticed I ended up 2nd twice as often as first.Currently only played some 2.2's (no turbo's to be found in mirco level), but play seems a bit too bad there to actually learn anything :club:

posts like this come up often. i dont usually chime in but im usually thinking something like what follows. what are you trying to achieve by playing poker? is it making money? because if your goal is to make money then you should consider investing more into it. start with $1500 and play 50NL. starting at a very low limit and trying to win your way up to where you are earning a decent hourly is a daunting and overwhelming task. are you trying to just have fun? do you care about the $350? are you just trying to see if you can win at poker and its more about winning in general than winning lots of money? your motivation matters a lot here.

• 2 weeks later...
I definately want to get into HU but only have 7 BI for 50HUNL so in order to work on my game and build the roll I was thinking about playing $5HUsngs. Thoughts?
I've played the heads up sng's on stars a few times and they are very soft. I don't know what site you play at but stars has a few interesting choices for this. I actually just played a 32 man $5.25 heads up tourney and took 2nd. VERY soft IMO. Got coolered @ the final table when i flatted a 3bet on the button w/ AA and the flop came 234 and he shipped and shows 56 :/ Anyway it was quite fun and to cash all you have to do is win the first 2. They also have HU sng where the blinds don't increase w/ 50BB starting stacks and one w/ 200BB starting stacks. I don't remember seeing this a few months ago so they may be fairly new or im just blind. These may be a good starting point for you, i think the deepstacked ones where the blinds don't increase could be pretty fun and a good learning experience.