Im Taking On Students (mtt)

i dont get it. if you arent interested in getting this coaching then why are you posting crap almost as if you are trying to disuade other people who may be interested, as if you are a rival coach or something. noone is forcing anyone to take this up he is just offering the chance to fellow fcpers. if u dont like it, then dont sign up for the coaching. simple. bleh.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont get it. if you arent interested in getting this coaching then why are you posting crap almost as if you are trying to disuade other people who may be interested, as if you are a rival coach or something. noone is forcing anyone to take this up he is just offering the chance to fellow fcpers. if u dont like it, then dont sign up for the coaching. simple. bleh.
LolI am definitely not a coach. I play poker strictly for recreation (though I am a profitable player so maybe I should be coaching :club: ).I just think someone who is offering lessons should be able to back up his teaching with personal success of some kind.Unless he is teaching students how to handle 'variance', I don't see what a losing/break even poker player could possibly teach.I don't mean to subvert what nnb is trying to do here, I just think potential students (for any kind of training) should research the teacher/training company before they put their hard earned cash into anything.If you are ok with nnb's marginal success over the last three years and think he has something to teach then sign up.If you are so keen to learn, take the time to teach yourself about what you are getting for your money.
I agree with everything you said, except for the bold. Your friend obviously could have chose to cut clients, refuse to accept new clients or to limit his teaching hours and let his clients adapt. He raised prices because he could make more money. It could have been greed or just reflected the market, but it is a fallacy to suggest he had to.I do agree though that NNB will have to produce results to keep this going. Similarly, Steve has clearly done a great job as evidenced by his former students' endorsements and the market for his services.
Ok, fine, he didn't HAVE to, but if you knew the person I was talking about, it definitely wasn't motivated by greed. It's just a natural reaction to being overwhelmed by clients. Instead of "choosing" which clients you work with, you let them "choose" for you and get paid while doing it. It's not like there is an emotional attachment between coach and client. These weren't friends. Friends, he'd coach for free, the same as any of us here would likely help our friends out.
LolI am definitely not a coach. I play poker strictly for recreation (though I am a profitable player so maybe I should be coaching :club: ).I just think someone who is offering lessons should be able to back up his teaching with personal success of some kind.Unless he is teaching students how to handle 'variance', I don't see what a losing/break even poker player could possibly teach.I don't mean to subvert what nnb is trying to do here, I just think potential students (for any kind of training) should research the teacher/training company before they put their hard earned cash into anything.If you are ok with nnb's marginal success over the last three years and think he has something to teach then sign up.If you are so keen to learn, take the time to teach yourself about what you are getting for your money.
Wow, really dude? You're that much of a doucheclown? Marginal success? I mean do you seriously know what it takes to win an MTT? Do you know how much work goes into trying to get deep in an MTT? lol at you saying that you are not trying to subvert what NNB is trying to do. You seriously have alot to learn about MTTs and what it takes to grind them.I probably have more shit to say, but that's all I got right now.
I am interested in starting a training course for people wishing to improve their MTT game. This will be the first time I have taught in a structured course, but I have worked with people on an individual basis in the past. Since I am a new instructor and long-time member of FCP, I would like to extend a price to FCP’ers that will be much more affordable than looking through other sites. The training will be in-depth and cover all aspects of tournament play. Cost of the program will be $800. This may sound expensive, but I believe that you will get a very fair price based on what I can offer, compared to other trainings out there. If you have questions about payment, let me know. The training is intended for any level of MTT player looking to improve their game. The focus will be on NLHE online tournaments. The first program I am going to run will be five weeks long,. It might take 6-7 weeks to get done (I will be on vacation in Europe), but there will be five weeks of training. A training group will consist of 4-5 students. While additional features could be added, joining my program will guarantee you the following during your training period:• 5 weeks of Sunday tournament sessions/sweating. You will need Teamviewer and Skype, both of which are available on PC and Mac, and are free, for this part of the training. Training will begin at approximately 12:45 EST and last all day. During this time, you will be able to view hole cards and observe my play in various Sunday tournaments. I will be available on Skype to discuss my thought process during certain hands, and approaches to certain tournaments. Students are welcome to come and go as they please during these sessions, but I will be available for the entire day, as long as I am playing. You may also discuss situations/spots with me during this time.• 5-6 “classroom” lessons where the whole group is involved and we discuss certain types of hands, situations or concepts. These sessions will typically last 1-2 hours., based on the conversation and questions. I will also invite other successful MTT’ers that I know to join our sessions when they can and to discuss concepts with the group. Since I do not have control over their schedules, I cannot guarantee who will be available and when, but several people I know have expressed interest in joining the sessions when they can. Examples of some sessions are: Closing, Reshoving, BvB play, Short Stack play, Different stack sizes, etc• I will analyze and take notes on one full hand history a week for each group member. I will send the HH and my notes out to every group member. • We will have a listserv for the group where we can send anything interesting we can read (article, video you recommend, AIM conversation, ideas). The listserv can also be used for constructive feedback on how I can improve the training program.• I will try to maintain an ongoing chat room for the group so we can always have a place to talk about anything or just go over some hands. Whenever I am online, I will try to be accessible for these chats, though students are welcome to chat with each other even when I am not there.As stated before, you will want Skype and Teamviewer, which are both available for free on Mac and PC. You must be 18 years old to join the training. Poker Tracker 3/Hold Em Manager are both encouraged but not required. I would like to get to know people more before I select the first group of students. If you are not selected this time, don’t worry. I hope to be able to train more students down the road. If you wouldn’t mind answering the questions below via PM, this will help me get to know you a little better:What is your name?How old are you?Where do you live? What are your online names?What do you usually play (games, buyin, live/online)? How much time per week on average do you spend playing? How much time per week on average do you spend studying the game? What do you consider the best aspects of your game? What do you consider to be your biggest leaks? Why do you want to join this program? What else do you want to tell me about yourself?Also, I will be in Europe from the 10th until the 22nd. I am not totally sure what my schedule will be like but let’s just assume I will not be able to do any training program work during this time. Would you guys rather start this Sunday and get 2 weeks in and then finish up after I get back or just wait until I get back? Let me know in your PM.Remember, you will get out what you put in. I will be accepting applications until Saturday morning.Cheers,MikeEdit: Also, if I did not respond to your first PM and you are still interested please send another one with the questions answered. Thanks
cue Tom Green "undercutters pizza" - I'll do it for $400 and throw in punch and pie!!!!srsly though, seems like a fair deal and trust me when I say, that these things are usually at their best in the beginning and when nnb realizes the work involved, he'll probably charge more next time. :club: lolsrsly srsly though, punch and pie. pm for details.free hat.
Wow, really dude? You're that much of a doucheclown? Marginal success? I mean do you seriously know what it takes to win an MTT? Do you know how much work goes into trying to get deep in an MTT? lol at you saying that you are not trying to subvert what NNB is trying to do. You seriously have alot to learn about MTTs and what it takes to grind them.I probably have more shit to say, but that's all I got right now.
LOL, looks like I have stepped on some toes.
I mean do you seriously know what it takes to win an MTT?
Yes
Do you know how much work goes into trying to get deep in an MTT?
Yes
You seriously have alot to learn about MTTs and what it takes to grind them.
You have no idea who I am. How would you have any clue what I need to learn?If you are a break even player over a three year span, it isn't variance. In fact, if this is the case, you should probably be looking for some training yourself.
cue Tom Green "undercutters pizza" - I'll do it for $400 and throw in punch and pie!!!!srsly though, seems like a fair deal and trust me when I say, that these things are usually at their best in the beginning and when nnb realizes the work involved, he'll probably charge more next time. :club: lolsrsly srsly though, punch and pie. pm for details.free hat.
Make it an Andy Samberg punch, Shay Laren's pie and I'm totally in...
LOL, looks like I have stepped on some toes.YesYesYou have no idea who I am. How would you have any clue what I need to learn?If you are a break even player over a three year span, it isn't variance. In fact, if this is the case, you should probably be looking for some training yourself.
Hmmm, I don't know where to start...I'll just say that you're a doucheclown and leave it at that.
If you are a break even player over a three year span, it isn't variance. In fact, if this is the case, you should probably be looking for some training yourself.
lol dude seriously, i tried to refrain myself, but just stfu...you have no idea how much variance is in hsmtt....also who said I was good for the past 3 years. Im 20 years old, I have learned a lot over the past few years. Did you look back through every tournament and see how many times I got really close to 100k+ scores? Do you know anything about my live results? Do you understand how much variance is in tournament poker? Do you know who vietcong01 is? Do you know how much variance is in tournament poker? If you think I am a break even player over a three year span, and think I suck I am willing to make prop bets (as usual). They can be either me v you or just you betting on my results. Do you know how much variance is in tournament poker? Ya, maybe if I played as many mtts as moorman or shaundeeb and I was still breakeven then there would be a problem...but I dont. GAWWWWWWWWWWWWD, imagine if i won one extra flip deep in a tournament. You would be silent right now and be amazed at how amazing an $800 deal is for this. Ya seriously, stfu.LASTLY, you dont go around other peoples thread saying they suck. Do i make threads and respond in threads when pokerpwnage ppl suck and charge 400 an hour for coaching? NoDid I or anyone for that matter talk shit about pokervt when it clearly sucked at the beginning (right now, I think it is quite good though, and reccomend it to everyone)? No
haha, this is fun.Seriously, get over yourself.
magine if i won one extra flip deep in a tournament. You would be silent right now and be amazed at how amazing an $800 deal is for this.
LOL, imagine if you had lost one flip in the tournament where you cashed $40k? Or any other tourney where you went deep? I think you need to step back and take a good look at yourself. Your reality is skewed.
LASTLY, you dont go around other peoples thread saying they suck.
I don't recall saying you suck. Based on your results you are marginal at best which, in the poker world, is pretty good. At least you aren't losing a ton. Don't know if it qualifies you to teach though.

I did PM you about applying to join your teaching course.But after seeing the price, I withdraw my app, just 2 steep for me. I have a 3-yr old and a new baby on the way in June and I was gonna use my tax refund for the course, but like I said $800 is too rich for my blood.