Im Taking On Students (mtt)

NNB never tried to hard sell you guys. He's just seeing how money can be made on the side while sharing some of what he has learned. If anything, that makes it more real and less flash.In my lifetime, I have paid over $100/hour for Razz coaching and heads up no limit coaching. It was some of the best money I ever spent on training. I have good friends who have paid for coaching and benefited immensely, perhaps even making the difference. Sometimes, you never know how you'll go from point A to point B in poker. We all have gaps in our game and while they often can be filled with practice and experience, sometimes, nothing seems to work until you have that "a-ha" moment. I'm not saying this training is it for any of you, but for me, I wouldn't be anywhere without having smarter, more talented people showing me the way. I owe those people my house and probably a lot more and it only required minimal investment at best.That being said, I believe in professionalism and whenever I charged someone for my time, I thought it appropriate to set a schedule, develop lesson plans (like a true nerd teacher), and take the time to learn my customer's wants. Sometimes I did it for free and others paid. Just because it's for money doesn't make it wrong or shady. My time was valuable (notice "was"...marriage) and if I was going to take time to listen and teach, I needed to be paid. I had a friend who started charging $100/hour for heads up coaching...soon moved to $150/$200 because he had too many clients. He had to keep raising it so he could reduce the amount of clients to a manageable level, not because of greed. If you gave maserati's away for free, how many would we see on the road? If he doesn't deliver on the value for people's money, he knows that his customers from FCP will surely let people on here know about it, so what's the real risk? That's what I learned. Give it away for free and rarely will anyone complain. Charge for it and you better damn well be worth it or people will critique your every move and cry foul. What is he abusing? Nothing. so yeah, lol @ these responses.Now if NNB had a better agent and business manager, we could develop some interesting propositions and sell this baby like the Sham-wow and Snuggie!!! It's a blanket....WITH SLEEVES!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

figure i might as throw in my .02 about this.i dont see why people have such an issue with a respected/good player advertising on here looking for students. so what if hes charging money for this? someone as experienced and expert at NLHE mtts should be getting paid for their knowledge. its to be expected as far as im concerned. Mike is an excellent poker thinker, and if he puts the time into it, he will be a very good coach. im sure he wont charge an obscene amount, at least at first, because he is inexperienced with coaching, and will have to learn some about that. but he is someone that if i was looking for mtt coaching, i would be willing to pay him a large sum of money. anyways, gl Mike with the coaching, i hope it works out well for everyone.Jesse

Just because it's for money doesn't make it wrong or shady. My time was valuable (notice "was"...marriage) and if I was going to take time to listen and teach, I needed to be paid. I had a friend who started charging $100/hour for heads up coaching...soon moved to $150/$200 because he had too many clients. He had to keep raising it so he could reduce the amount of clients to a manageable level, not because of greed. If you gave maserati's away for free, how many would we see on the road? If he doesn't deliver on the value for people's money, he knows that his customers from FCP will surely let people on here know about it, so what's the real risk? That's what I learned. Give it away for free and rarely will anyone complain. Charge for it and you better damn well be worth it or people will critique your every move and cry foul.
I agree with everything you said, except for the bold. Your friend obviously could have chose to cut clients, refuse to accept new clients or to limit his teaching hours and let his clients adapt. He raised prices because he could make more money. It could have been greed or just reflected the market, but it is a fallacy to suggest he had to.I do agree though that NNB will have to produce results to keep this going. Similarly, Steve has clearly done a great job as evidenced by his former students' endorsements and the market for his services.
I agree with everything you said, except for the bold. Your friend obviously could have chose to cut clients, refuse to accept new clients or to limit his teaching hours and let his clients adapt. He raised prices because he could make more money. It could have been greed or just reflected the market, but it is a fallacy to suggest he had to.I do agree though that NNB will have to produce results to keep this going. Similarly, Steve has clearly done a great job as evidenced by his former students' endorsements and the market for his services.
ITS CALLED MOTHER ****ING CAPITALISM???? WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE????? FFS.
ITS CALLED MOTHER ****ING CAPITALISM???? WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE????? FFS.
ummmmm, I support him charging as much as possible and I fully encourage him to do sosorry if my post confused youI was just saying that to suggest he HAD to charge the max he could is illusory. Don't get me wrong, I charge by the hour at my job and my rates maximize what the market will bear. I support that fully. I would just never suggest that I HAVE to charge.My point was that he just has to deliver. THAT is the point of MOTHER ****ING CAPITALISM. That you can get what the market will bear. If he doesn't perform the market will bear less. But nothing I have written is anything but a statement that I support NNB's program and wish him and his students all the best.
ummmmm, I support him charging as much as possible and I fully encourage him to do sosorry if my post confused youI was just saying that to suggest he HAD to charge the max he could is illusory. Don't get me wrong, I charge by the hour at my job and my rates maximize what the market will bear. I support that fully. I would just never suggest that I HAVE to charge.My point was that he just has to deliver. THAT is the point of MOTHER ****ING CAPITALISM. That you can get what the market will bear. If he doesn't perform the market will bear less. But nothing I have written is anything but a statement that I support NNB's program and wish him and his students all the best.
meh misunderstood i guess... sry
No not baxter, what are your screen names on Full Tilt and Poker Stars?
Ok, I'll answer myself. You are 'no not baxter' on Fultilt and 'moneyinbag' on Pokerstars, correct?If so, your MTT numbers on OPR aren't exactly impressive. In fact, if you take away your $40k score in June of last year, you are an overall loser at MTTs. Even with that score I think you would be marginally profitable over the 3 years that are tracked. What exactly will you be teaching your students?
Ok, I'll answer myself. You are 'no not baxter' on Fultilt and 'moneyinbag' on Pokerstars, correct?If so, your MTT numbers on OPR aren't exactly impressive. In fact, if you take away your $40k score in June of last year, you are an overall loser at MTTs. Even with that score I think you would be marginally profitable over the 3 years that are tracked. What exactly will you be teaching your students?
ZOMG!!!looooooooooooooooooooooooolhahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!WoW!!!This is gonna be good.*anxiouslyawaitsnnbandeveryoneelsethatisclosetohimtospeakuponhisbehalf*
sigh, variance :(but ya those are my names...I mean if you want, go pay 10k to live with ari and the maven for a week. Their results are way better than mine....My whole plan should be up within the next half hour, if ur not interested, oh well...it is a great deal and is going to be much cheaper for the first group of students because this is my first time coaching.
ZOMG!!!looooooooooooooooooooooooolhahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!WoW!!!This is gonna be good.*anxiouslyawaitsnnbandeveryoneelsethatisclosetohimtospeakuponhisbehalf*
meh, w/e dude just doesnt understand variance and that i dont put in much volume
NNB, GrinderMJ, TJ et al all have had much success and have earned it, imo. I'd suck at least a quarter mile of **** for some quality coaching from any of these guys...
Phew, I'm glad I didn't have to!!