I read Simmons occasionally depending on what the article is about and how bored I am at work. I have seen him say he considers Wade must see. Of course he said that like a week or two ago, not back in November. Back then he was all about LJ, and that's it.
Simmons in his October 24th fantasy basketball preview:2. Dwyane WadeLoved him in the Olympics, loved him in the preseason, love him for a monster comeback season that will be the athletic equivalent of "Still D.R.E." I'm thinking something like 29.4 ppg, 6.2 rpg and 5.8 apg and a slew of "D-Wade is back and better than ever!" stories starting in late November. You watch.Of course, he did have him 2nd after Lebron, so he was still obviously all about Lebron.
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simmons in his October 24th fantasy basketball preview:2. Dwyane WadeLoved him in the Olympics, loved him in the preseason, love him for a monster comeback season that will be the athletic equivalent of "Still D.R.E." I'm thinking something like 29.4 ppg, 6.2 rpg and 5.8 apg and a slew of "D-Wade is back and better than ever!" stories starting in late November. You watch.Of course, he did have him 2nd after Lebron, so he was still obviously all about Lebron.
I never read his fantasy basketball preview...He also left out second in the league in steals and blocking more shots than 90% of the forwards in the league.
The idea that Hollinger and Simmons aren't watching games, including D-Wade games, is clearly absurd. Simmons just said that wade is one of the few stars that he'll always go out and see live.
yeah, but you really dont get a true sense of a player unless you watch him every game (like I do with Wade). I can only give you my impressions of Lebron having seen him play 12-16 times this year. thats why MVP votes are always a bit silly to me. so subjective. another good example of this is the Erik Spolestra for coach of the year phenomenon. Announcers/commentators see the vast win improvement and say "what a coaching job he should be in the running for COY."of course, anyone who watches the heat regularly knows that the win improvement is solely due to Wade being healthy. Dont get me wrong Spolestra has been fine. I would give him a B- which is pretty good for a rookie coach who is in his mid-thirties and looks like he is 25 years old. But he makes lots of rookie mistakes (waits too long to call momentum stopping TOs), has the oddest substitution patterns, and the Heat have a penchant for blowing leads. so coach of the year is kinda laughable to me. Ron Jeremy (SVG) is more deserving, imo.
of course, anyone who watches the heat regularly knows that the win improvement is solely due to Wade being healthy. Dont get me wrong Spolestra has been fine. I would give him a B- which is pretty good for a rookie coach who is in his mid-thirties and looks like he is 25 years old. But he makes lots of rookie mistakes (waits too long to call momentum stopping TOs), has the oddest substitution patterns, and the Heat have a penchant for blowing leads.
Is this a rookie coach thing...like they feel like they have to make a ton of moves or they aren't doing enough? Cause Del Negro on the Bulls has the strangest sub patterns too. He doesn't wait too long to call TO's, though, if anything, he calls too many, too early.