• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the opening number but I miss a solid host... like Billy Crystal, Martin Short, or even Jon Stewart.

No way Winslet should have beat Melissa Leo OR Angelina Jolie. But I would have bet all my money that Winslet would win.The Reader was not good.

Wow, Kate's dad is a good whistler
Actually her dad looked pretty awesome. I actually like Kate a little bit more just because of her dad.
Sean Penn should NOT have won. Terrible that Rourke got snubbed.
Every vote for prop 8 hurt mickey roarkehe didn't get snubbed - he got put against a great actor representing a cause they were dying to promoteSean was nice to point that out
Actually her dad looked pretty awesome. I actually like Kate a little bit more just because of her dad.
Me too.Also, GOD DAMN HOLLYWOOD FAGGOTS!!!Mickey Roakre Gave the best performance of this decade, you ****ing cock suckers. I don't care if Milk is your ****ing MLK, and I don't care if Sean Penn did a great job playing him, fucking recognize history, you sissy mother fuckers. Jesus christ the oscars tllt the shit out of me.
Me too.Also, GOD DAMN HOLLYWOOD FAGGOTS!!!Mickey Roakre Gave the best performance of this decade, you ****ing cock suckers. I don't care if Milk is your ****ing MLK, and I don't care if Sean Penn did a great job playing him, fucking recognize history, you sissy mother fuckers. Jesus christ the oscars tllt the shit out of me.
It's terribly disgusting. Rourke did SO much better than Penn (who was great in Milk) that they weren't even in the same league. There should have been an award for 2nd place with Rourke getting the automatic win.

I saw both The Wrestler and Milk and thought both Rourke and Penn were both awesome so I was happy that Penn won, and I was also happy that he mentioned Rourke at the end of the speech. Just my opinion, and I see an attack coming from at least one of you lol.I thought that Jackman did a great job, and this years Oscars was a great show. I loved how the previous actor winners came out and said something about all the nominees so everyone could get a little time in the spotlight, not just the winners.

It's terribly disgusting. Rourke did SO much better than Penn (who was great in Milk) that they weren't even in the same league. There should have been an award for 2nd place with Rourke getting the automatic win.
In fairness to penn, he was the clear number 2, it's not like he did a shit job or anything, and in most years I'd be fine with him winning. But I mean, jesus christ, I've never seen anything like what Roarke did. Keep politics out of the oscars.. aw **** it, anyone who loves film knows the oscars are joke anyway, I mean, braveheart won best picture, for christs sake.

If the Prop 8 stuff didnt happen.Rourke wins for sure. He was so amazing the The Wrestler and fck his dog just died. Penn was great BTW but clearly not as good. Timing is everything I guess.

If the oscar's were about awarding art, Charlie Kauffman would have won best original screenplay for Synecdoche , NY, as it's the most insane, surreal, amazing and most importantly ORGINAL screen play that's ever been writen. But no one's basically seen this movie, and most that have didn't like it or understand it, so it had about as much chance of winning an Oscar as Caligula

In fairness to penn, he was the clear number 2, it's not like he did a shit job or anything, and in most years I'd be fine with him winning. But I mean, jesus christ, I've never seen anything like what Roarke did. Keep politics out of the oscars.. aw **** it, anyone who loves film knows the oscars are joke anyway, I mean, braveheart won best picture, for christs sake.
love Braveheart
I saw both The Wrestler and Milk and thought both Rourke and Penn were both awesome so I was happy that Penn won, and I was also happy that he mentioned Rourke at the end of the speech. Just my opinion, and I see an attack coming from at least one of you lol.I thought that Jackman did a great job, and this years Oscars was a great show. I loved how the previous actor winners came out and said something about all the nominees so everyone could get a little time in the spotlight, not just the winners.
I don't disagree with this.... but I'm a traditionalist. It was really nice that they made almost everyone cry though. It made everyone seem less elitist.
Penn was a clear #2, we can all agree on that.... and **** YOU!
Slum Mill just came to town...might go see itanyone seen it?
lol
Also, though no one much will give a sht about this catagory, I think giving best original screen play to a bio pick is a fraud.
I said the same thing to my wife as soon as he won. As the little kid that 'wrote' Milk was giving his speech, I looked at her and I said, "I sure as hell hope they don't vote for Penn because of this Prop 8 crap."

QUOTE (BigDMcGee @ Sunday, February 22nd, 2009, 11:13 PM) Also, though no one much will give a sht about this catagory, I think giving best original screen play to a bio pick is a fraud.actually a bunch of people had tried and failed to write that thing and this guy came out of nowhere and killed it - he probably deserved it

Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto - YES!
I was only sort of half-listening to his speech and had to rewind due to the “wait, did he just say what I think he said?” moment. That was fantastic. Steve Martin was funny.I’m on the fence with the idea of movies about real people being in the original screenplay category. It’s not like you’re exactly working with a blank slate, but at the same time, a screenplay is vastly different than a life story. I haven’t seen the movie, so I can’t comment on how good it was. Nothing surprising all night.