13 episodes??? very short, proly will get a couple fillers like best of or whatever.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fat guy in the end seat kinda annoyed me anyway. But his 'I have a queen' comment, put him at ultimate douche status
What kind of status does he have being a record executive, and he's selling one of his places in NYC:

High above the affluent restaurant-goers, Mr. Erickson, of Sotheby’s International Realty, brought together about 35 of the city’s top residential brokers for a cocktail party to show off his newest listing:
the $31.25 million penthouse owned by record executive Alan Meltzer.
“It’s the only full-floor apartment in the building,” said Mr. Erickson of the 8,700-square-foot space. “It’s the only apartment that has two spectacular terraces—which are 1,100 square feet each.” (Incidentally, Mr. Meltzer’s apartment is the largest at One Beacon Court, which also provides shelter to boldface names like NBC anchor Brian Williams, R&B singer Beyoncé Knowles and Yankees centerfielder Johnny Damon).

http://www.observer.com/node/52285That last bet of almost $150k that he paid off in the last hand on HSP was like you dumping the change tray in your car out of your car window.Knowing that he lives in the same building as Brian Williams, Beyoncé Knowles and Yankees centerfielder Johnny Damon, and having the best apartment of them, might just put him in the ultimate baller status.

lol, come play with me James baby at a live game. I may tilt playing on the net, but I haven't lost live in over a year averaging out monthly lol. truth and brag. Playing live for me is a different game I focus so differently. I also play very wisely. Plus I can read tells so well, physical ones especially.1st of all on flop I would of bet and not checked against Durr. Doyle was intimidated and scared. and of course durr was value betting because of the check made by Doyle. So if doyle was to bet, durr would of folded. and if Durr would of raise me I would of raised back with aces, knowing his rep to over bet. as for old school that was Gabe's comment, I don't exactly play old school at all. I looked at this hand again as I wanted to recall it just to be sure. As for meltzer's hand vs durr hand 2 pair into a boat. I would of been out of there and Durr would not made that much money in that hand and not been up for session 3. but that was a tuff call hand for meltzer
No offense, but does your job involve you writing or typing anything? If it does, how in the world are you still employed?
No offense, but does your job involve you writing or typing anything? If it does, how in the world are you still employed?
Unions.
What kind of status does he have being a record executive, and he's selling one of his places in NYC:

High above the affluent restaurant-goers, Mr. Erickson, of Sotheby's International Realty, brought together about 35 of the city's top residential brokers for a cocktail party to show off his newest listing:
the $31.25 million penthouse owned by record executive Alan Meltzer.
"It's the only full-floor apartment in the building," said Mr. Erickson of the 8,700-square-foot space. "It's the only apartment that has two spectacular terraces—which are 1,100 square feet each." (Incidentally, Mr. Meltzer's apartment is the largest at One Beacon Court, which also provides shelter to boldface names like NBC anchor Brian Williams, R&B singer Beyoncé Knowles and Yankees centerfielder Johnny Damon).

http://www.observer.com/node/52285That last bet of almost $150k that he paid off in the last hand on HSP was like you dumping the change tray in your car out of your car window.Knowing that he lives in the same building as Brian Williams, Beyoncé Knowles and Yankees centerfielder Johnny Damon, and having the best apartment of them, might just put him in the ultimate baller status.

I still say he is a douchebag for his 'I have a queen comment'. The fact that he is a millionaire just not justify that.
I still say he is a douchebag for his 'I have a queen comment'. The fact that he is a millionaire just not justify that.
'A douche bag is a piece of equipment for douching - a bag for holding the fluid used in douching. To avoid transferring intestinal bacteria into the vagina, the same bag must not be used for a vaginal douche and an enema.'Douching.lol.

It may be the fish in me talking (or the Tequila for that matter) but Dur is one lucky MoFo. When he is in trouble the deck always rescues him. Yeah, it is hard for the players to put him on a hand, cause the DECK ALWAYS RESCUES HIM WHEN HE IS IN TROUBLE!

1st of all on flop I would of bet and not checked against Durr. Doyle was intimidated and scared. and of course durr was value betting because of the check made by Doyle. So if doyle was to bet, durr would of folded. and if Durr would of raise me I would of raised back with aces, knowing his rep to over bet.
You wouldn't have raised the flop back with aces, as you wouldn't have had aces. Just a nut flush draw. Also, you can't raise a bet of $47,500 to $75,000.It's things like this which are the reason people pick apart your posts and make life harder for you on here. It's only little things, but they're regular.
It may be the fish in me talking (or the Tequila for that matter) but Dur is one lucky MoFo. When he is in trouble the deck always rescues him. Yeah, it is hard for the players to put him on a hand, cause the DECK ALWAYS RESCUES HIM WHEN HE IS IN TROUBLE!
It would appear that way. It seems like everytime Dwan is in a pot which was 4bet or 5bet pre, he always starts with the worst hand and ends up with the best hand. However, he manages to get paid off. I understand it is Dwan, but I hate the KK call there, and Baxter's AK call...infact the whole way Baxter plays AK(postflop) was pretty bad. Honestly though, Dwan is insanely out of this world good. Go to cardplayertube.com and look up the 2009 Aussie Millions Cash Game Episode 2. It is just him and Patrik Antonis playing HU 1k/2k. 1/2 NLHE and 1/2 PLO. Dwan starts with 1mil, PA 1.5mil. At the end of the episode Dwan is down 500k, however I give him so much respect for some of the laydowns he makes and how easily he makes them. A great player would easily go broke or lose way more than 500k vs PA there.
It would appear that way. It seems like everytime Dwan is in a pot which was 4bet or 5bet pre, he always starts with the worst hand and ends up with the best hand. However, he manages to get paid off. I understand it is Dwan, but I hate the KK call there, and Baxter's AK call...infact the whole way Baxter plays AK(postflop) was pretty bad. Honestly though, Dwan is insanely out of this world good. Go to cardplayertube.com and look up the 2009 Aussie Millions Cash Game Episode 2. It is just him and Patrik Antonis playing HU 1k/2k. 1/2 NLHE and 1/2 PLO. Dwan starts with 1mil, PA 1.5mil. At the end of the episode Dwan is down 500k, however I give him so much respect for some of the laydowns he makes and how easily he makes them. A great player would easily go broke or lose way more than 500k vs PA there.
This is definitely true. I remember watching this awhile ago, and couldn't believe some of the laydowns he was making. Unreal.
In a way Meltzer played the hand really well. Dwan puts him on kings or queens, Meltzer puts Dwan on some rubbish. I mean what were the chances that the hand Dwan had was JT looking at that board. Maybe Dwan plays t8 off suit the same way, assuming that Meltzer won't stack off with KK's when theres an ace on the board.
It's tough to speculate on things like this. Poker is all about who goes to the highest level correctly. So if you say Dwan assumes Meltzer won't stack off with KKs, and Meltzer knows this, how do you know Dwan doesn't know that Meltzer knows this? And so on and so forth...Until the situation comes up when Dwan has T8 vs Meltzer's KK, we'll never know, but it does make for good conversation.
You wouldn't have raised the flop back with aces, as you wouldn't have had aces. Just a nut flush draw. Also, you can't raise a bet of $47,500 to $75,000.It's things like this which are the reason people pick apart your posts and make life harder for you on here. It's only little things, but they're regular.
I still would of raised to maybe 95,000 rather than the 75.000 being it has to be double the betyeah so my orginal amount was wrong. but being in that strong of a hand I still make that play against him. I also do agree with EStorm Durr does play well, not taking that away from him but he also gets rescued a lot by the cards because he plays it out to the end. He has a lot of fing luck too.
I still would of raised to maybe 95,000 rather than the 75.000 being it has to be double the betyeah so my orginal amount was wrong. but being in that strong of a hand I still make that play against him. I also do agree with EStorm Durr does play well, not taking that away from him but he also gets rescued a lot by the cards because he plays it out to the end. He has a lot of fing luck too.
The way he plays he's gonna get a lot of free cards or ck behind and ends up seeing the entire board more often and making more hands so that he appears to be lucky.
The way he plays he's gonna get a lot of free cards or ck behind and ends up seeing the entire board more often and making more hands so that he appears to be lucky.
that's true thus he creates his own luck. I do like his style of play. My guess people will start to challenge him more often as they did with Gus Hansen as well. but Durr has more wit and play to him and is willing to fold where Gus wasn't. There is a lot more To Durr's playing yet to come. I really enjoyed him on HSP this season.
Damn, I've been wanting to say that for a long time. Her grammar puts me on monkey tilt. It's amazing to see an adult writing like that. Come on Rose, clean it up!
Damn, I've been wanting to say that for a long time. Her grammar puts me on monkey tilt. It's amazing to see an adult writing like that. Come on Rose, clean it up!
I will when I get my new computeras for my job, the computer has an awesome grammar and spelling software program in it.
I will when I get my new computeras for my job, the computer has an awesome grammar and spelling software program in it.
What does getting a new computer have to do with cleaning up your grammar now?Unless on your new computer you can just talk and it will type and punctuate for you. Just sayin.
What does getting a new computer have to do with cleaning up your grammar now?Unless on your new computer you can just talk and it will type and punctuate for you. Just sayin.
I agree. It's really a matter of courtesy & maturity. If you don't care enough to present yourself well, what else are you slacking on. Impressions are important. I'm through preaching. Have a nice day!