I haven't either. Rose, do you know it's origins?Mark
the actual saying is " too bad so sad" I added the tuff. Acronyms is TBSSThis definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:Slang/chat, popular culturecan't find the orgin of the word but I always used it as a slang sort of like that's life
Oh c'mon!
  • Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the first few episode, Durr was going in almost every pot, with any 2 cards. He owned the tables. Now he is playing more selective as he should, because the others are now reading him better. Barry who would of folded his hand with those cards to any other player, chose not to because of Durr and his wide range of card selection. So Barry got lucky on the flop, and hooked a Jack. What surprised me was his call on the turn. Barry Lucked out again and Durr took the play very well, so I not knocking that at all, Phil H would of flip his lid. Barry also wanted to get even with Durr from the bad beat an episode ago. Just saying normally Barry would of never played that hand. Barry made a donkey callMaybe it was respect to Doyle, and that he also had the hand, he bet on the flop, check on the turn, hello set up for check raise on river?. Easy read, also that Doyle wasn't sure anyone else had caught a flush on the river.The main thing is people are catching onto Durr, just like they did with Gus. He is a brilliant player and he can intimidate others well and knock them out with winning hands. That will only work for so long more people will start challenging him.The other point of my remark is the most of the young players come off with a cocky attitude. Yes the game is change to more math related, and aggressive style but the seniors as you said they are better because there old. I rather put it as they are more experienced and had played the game longer and are not cocky in there attitudes as the young guns in today's games. So when I stick up for the experience players it is just that because they have played the game much longer and will catch on to the new waves of playing.
No
looshle I know that they shoot 5-6 episodes from 1 session of poker. . I see what you mean here with your quote and agree with it. Barry should of folded and not even been in that hand. He made a donkey play. I still beleive that he wanted to get a little even with Durr and also keeping in his mind durr's loose range of cards he plays with. It will be interesting tomorrow what Barry will state on his Pokerroad blog about that hand. You might have a point about me being defensive because I am older, it doesn't mean that I don't understand the game or don't enjoy it. Yes I realize and did state in my last post it's all about the math. I know most of it but sometimes get my calculations a little screwed up or I reverse the terms the wrong way. As for Doyle I didn't say he was the best player and I admit he doesn't know the math end of the game. As for Durr I stated he is brilliant and he is the current best player, the same as Gus was in his time and Daniel in his time, Phil , and Doyle. He has all the moves right now and they are awesome to see. He is actually one of the best in a long time to watch, better than Gus, Ivy, and maybe Daniel. But people will get to know his moves, I am not saying now but in 2-3 years perhaps that's when he will be challenged more. He is also not that cocky as some here on the site lol. As for me Looshle maybe When I don't talk about poker in the right text or way,I do get lol at or flamed, instead of corrected or explained the right term to use. I am not perfect only human. I am not a pro but someone who wants to enhance her game and learn all she can. I won't learn crap in off topic as I do here. If I make a comment that is off cuff challenge me, challenge my thought processes . We can discuss it. It's what I need to learn some of the rational or thinking behind the play. I like what TJ and can't remember who else posted hands to discuss that's awesome more of that type of stuff is great . But if you and VT also just post a odd few plays with some discussion this place would really grow into an awesome site :club:
jesus, this is like one of my top 5 pet peeves..There is no such thin as 'should of', 'would of', 'could of'. It is 'should have'. In spoken language, this is often shortened to 'should've'. So it is not 'should of', it is 'should've'Also, BG said that Durrrr was not playing as many hands as the broadcast made it look like he was playing.

should of should of should of should of should of should of should of should of should of should of should of should of should of should of should of should of should of should of should of should of should of should of could of could of could of could of could of could of could of could of could of could of could of could of could of could of could of could of could of could of could of could of could of could of could of could of would of would of would of would of would of would of would of would of would of would of would of would of would of would of would of would of would of would of would of would of would of would of would of would of

While David's still sitting there, imo.
I think Sammy has a bit more gamble in him than David does. I also think with most of these players their cash flow at the time also dictates their play. It seems like certain players are playing much tighter than they have previous years.

looking forward to phil laak and esfandiari... they make the game so funny to watchsammy farha would be cool to see again, or maybe phil hellmuth for the pure comedy factordurrs hand against barrys was sooooo sick.... i felt for durr lolloving this series, can't wait for more

jesus, this is like one of my top 5 pet peeves..There is no such thin as 'should of', 'would of', 'could of'. It is 'should have'. In spoken language, this is often shortened to 'should've'. So it is not 'should of', it is 'should've'
afaik fwiw ya your prolly right or could of been tho imo
Couple of questions...1 - How long does the season last?2 - Are they bringing in new players at any stage? If so, does anyone know who? I'd like to see Ivey take Elezra's seat.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The more episodes the better obviously. They've stayed with the one group for what will be 5 episodes, and from the intro, there seemed to be at least two other groups. I'd say there'll be over 20 episodes anyway. Looking forward to seeing Dario and Lederer on the show.Don't particularly like Laak, Antonio or Hellmuth. Antonio is okay, because he is a really good player, but the other two are just annoying and not very good.
jesus, this is like one of my top 5 pet peeves..There is no such thin as 'should of', 'would of', 'could of'. It is 'should have'. In spoken language, this is often shortened to 'should've'. So it is not 'should of', it is 'should've'Also, BG said that Durrrr was not playing as many hands as the broadcast made it look like he was playing.
I read your posts in an Irish accent so you always say, 'shuud iv'. 'Ah crap man, you should of folded.'weird

I'd like to see Dario and Sammy at the same table with Durrr. But pretty sure that Durrr would pwn Sammy. But I think the table talk would be fun.

does dario play cash games at all? i always thought he was strictly a tournament player. even so it will be interesting to see how fast he plays, since i dont imagine he has a ton of live cash game experience

I'd like to see Dario and Sammy at the same table with Durrr. But pretty sure that Durrr would pwn Sammy. But I think the table talk would be fun.
does dario play cash games at all? i always thought he was strictly a tournament player. even so it will be interesting to see how fast he plays, since i dont imagine he has a ton of live cash game experience
0% chance of Minieri appearing on HSP.He plays cash games but not often, and certainly not at this level.
0% chance of Minieri appearing on HSP.He plays cash games but not often, and certainly not at this level.
100% chance you're wrong

My understanding is that they shot over 3 days with 3 different groups of players. Daniel was on for 2 of the days and they have started showing the third of the three days since it had way more action than the other days did.

Just finished watching this episode and reading through this thread. All I can say is Durr is ****ing amazing, he is on another level from everyone else in that game, its just amazing to watch such a genius at work. He hand reads so so well and is willing to make any move if he thinks it will work, pretty much a nightmare to play against. Its hard for me to imagine Elezra being profitable at any form of poker vs tough lineups, he pretty much just plays his hands and involves minimal thought process, for example when he snap called the 99 vs Doyle.

I think it's awesome that the irish guy is correcting English. I feel like dane because I can't stand all of the poor english used around here. I get irritated when people say "I could care less" instead of it's proper usage.

Dario does feauture this season.I don't think he has much cash game experience, and I'm not sure how big his bankroll is. Still looking forward to seeing him, he's def an entertaining player

Also, eli elezra is awful at poker and I'd be shocked if he was a net winner.
Eli is obviously horrific at NLHE. I think he's he's not much at the other games either, the big game in bobbys room was mixed and Elezra was one of the players it always formed around. I've heard some live pros complement him on his mixed game play before, but it seemed a bit disingenous and judging from from his general demeanour I doubt he's anything special at HORSE.
You can see him just sitting and waiting at 1k/2k HORSE at Full Tilt. The fact the table doesnt insta fill up like Gus Hansen says that he know what he is doing.