God watching Durrrr on this show is just shocking. He pwned the sht out of this episode too (ignoring the results, obv). I agree with Looshle, I think he's a quantum leap ahead of every other player at the table at NLHE.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, when I see durrrr monkey it up pre, I wonder how he can possibly make all the gold that he does, then I watch the episode and it's because he just makes soooooo many great decisions postflop and hand reads so absurdly. That hand with 108o where he makes what looks like an awful call on the turn, shows you what an animal is where he comments after the hand about all the river cards he's gonna win the pot with if degenyamine doesn't flat behind him. He's such a beast and has a huge edge on everyone at the table postflop. Also, eli elezra is awful at poker and I'd be shocked if he was a net winner.

Also, eli elezra is awful at poker and I'd be shocked if he was a net winner.
We need to be careful there. Full Ring NLHE is obv not his best game, but who the hell knows how he does at mixed games. If he was that bad, he'd probably be broke by now, he doesn't have Guy Liberte money or something.
We need to be careful there. Full Ring NLHE is obv not his best game, but who the hell knows how he does at mixed games. If he was that bad, he'd probably be broke by now, he doesn't have Guy Liberte money or something.
it was my understanding he's just a rich businessman dude, i shouldn't have said poker, i should have said nlhe. he's just god awful

looshle I know that they shoot 5-6 episodes from 1 session of poker.

Also Barry was not lucky for hitting a jack he was unlucky because he was BEHIND.
. I see what you mean here with your quote and agree with it. Barry should of folded and not even been in that hand. He made a donkey play. I still beleive that he wanted to get a little even with Durr and also keeping in his mind durr's loose range of cards he plays with. It will be interesting tomorrow what Barry will state on his Pokerroad blog about that hand. You might have a point about me being defensive because I am older, it doesn't mean that I don't understand the game or don't enjoy it. Yes I realize and did state in my last post it's all about the math. I know most of it but sometimes get my calculations a little screwed up or I reverse the terms the wrong way. As for Doyle I didn't say he was the best player and I admit he doesn't know the math end of the game. As for Durr I stated he is brilliant and he is the current best player, the same as Gus was in his time and Daniel in his time, Phil , and Doyle. He has all the moves right now and they are awesome to see. He is actually one of the best in a long time to watch, better than Gus, Ivy, and maybe Daniel. But people will get to know his moves, I am not saying now but in 2-3 years perhaps that's when he will be challenged more. He is also not that cocky as some here on the site lol. As for me Looshle maybe When I don't talk about poker in the right text or way,I do get lol at or flamed, instead of corrected or explained the right term to use. I am not perfect only human. I am not a pro but someone who wants to enhance her game and learn all she can. I won't learn crap in off topic as I do here. If I make a comment that is off cuff challenge me, challenge my thought processes . We can discuss it. It's what I need to learn some of the rational or thinking behind the play. I like what TJ and can't remember who else posted hands to discuss that's awesome more of that type of stuff is great . But if you and VT also just post a odd few plays with some discussion this place would really grow into an awesome site :club:

post 406 mase

I've loved watching the pros, their different styles, and everyone's process. That being said, watching Durr this year has been the most enjoyable experience I've had watching poker on TV. He takes his time, works through the hand, and makes the right decision almost every time. I will have to say I was rooting for Barry, if nothing else because of the pain I felt when Farha flopped his king against Barry's aces in season 1 or 2. Watching 3/4 and 4/4 now. Maybe Durr will blowup hand after hand and I'll feel silly about my mancrush on him. Math is not idiotic, but Isaac Haxton should have been labeled the original freak, and very weird dude. Rose, enough with the attempted level. I can't believe that many people fell for it.

the first few episode, Durr was going in almost every pot, with any 2 cards. He owned the tables. Now he is playing more selective as he should, because the others are now reading him better.
Kind of quick assumption to make as we only get to see a small extraction of the hands played, isnt it? :club:
looshle I know that they shoot 5-6 episodes from 1 session of poker. . I see what you mean here with your quote and agree with it. Barry should of folded and not even been in that hand. He made a donkey play. I still beleive that he wanted to get a little even with Durr and also keeping in his mind durr's loose range of cards he plays with. It will be interesting tomorrow what Barry will state on his Pokerroad blog about that hand. You might have a point about me being defensive because I am older, it doesn't mean that I don't understand the game or don't enjoy it. Yes I realize and did state in my last post it's all about the math. I know most of it but sometimes get my calculations a little screwed up or I reverse the terms the wrong way. As for Doyle I didn't say he was the best player and I admit he doesn't know the math end of the game. As for Durr I stated he is brilliant and he is the current best player, the same as Gus was in his time and Daniel in his time, Phil , and Doyle. He has all the moves right now and they are awesome to see. He is actually one of the best in a long time to watch, better than Gus, Ivy, and maybe Daniel. But people will get to know his moves, I am not saying now but in 2-3 years perhaps that's when he will be challenged more. He is also not that cocky as some here on the site lol. As for me Looshle maybe When I don't talk about poker in the right text or way,I do get lol at or flamed, instead of corrected or explained the right term to use. I am not perfect only human. I am not a pro but someone who wants to enhance her game and learn all she can. I won't learn crap in off topic as I do here. If I make a comment that is off cuff challenge me, challenge my thought processes . We can discuss it. It's what I need to learn some of the rational or thinking behind the play. I like what TJ and can't remember who else posted hands to discuss that's awesome more of that type of stuff is great . But if you and VT also just post a odd few plays with some discussion this place would really grow into an awesome site :club:
OHMYGOD!I want to go into why you're super wrong about everything you said, but I don't even know where to start. Basically just the opposite of what you wrote. Except about Durr... he is the best.Edit: And no, it won't be interesting what Barry says, because it'll be some more nonsense like every other week.

after the first episode i made a comment about durr being a calling station, but now that we are into 4 episodes i must say durr has really impressed me with his play overal, and is just a beast to deal with. durr, david and doyle are all playing really well imo.it will be interesting to see in the future how much durr slows down, it seems when all the greats are in their early years they raise every hand and then slow down exponentially to take advantage of their image. there was a comment on the full tilt million dollar cash game where mike matasow and phil hellmuth talk about how phil ivey played faster than durr, and how they used to play fast when they were younger. i guess i just wonder when he is going to shift gears.

after the first episode i made a comment about durr being a calling station, but now that we are into 4 episodes i must say durr has really impressed me with his play overal, and is just a beast to deal with. durr, david and doyle are all playing really well imo.it will be interesting to see in the future how much durr slows down, it seems when all the greats are in their early years they raise every hand and then slow down exponentially to take advantage of their image. there was a comment on the full tilt million dollar cash game where mike matasow and phil hellmuth talk about how phil ivey played faster than durr, and how they used to play fast when they were younger. i guess i just wonder when he is going to shift gears.
I don't think Doyle has shown me anything but bad reads.
Eli is obviously horrific at NLHE. I think he's he's not much at the other games either, the big game in bobbys room was mixed and Elezra was one of the players it always formed around. I've heard some live pros complement him on his mixed game play before, but it seemed a bit disingenous and judging from from his general demeanour I doubt he's anything special at HORSE.

Couple of questions...1 - How long does the season last?2 - Are they bringing in new players at any stage? If so, does anyone know who? I'd like to see Ivey take Elezra's seat.

Couple of questions...1 - How long does the season last?2 - Are they bringing in new players at any stage? If so, does anyone know who? I'd like to see Ivey take Elezra's seat.
other players include: phil laak, antonio esfandiari, patrick antonious, the guy who wrote blow, and two other business men/fish for the game. not sure if there is anyone elsei would presume the season will be around 25 weeks
I don't think Doyle has shown me anything but bad reads.
OMG he has played actually better than I thought he would against the young guns, and not knowing the math part of it. btw I am entitled to my opinion you guys may not like it but tuff too bad so sad as the saying goes. I do read yours and take it in and yes sometimes I comment on it just like you remark about mine. We don't have to agree on everything or anything lol. Once again Durr is the best right now and actually one of the best I have seen in the last 10 years. We shall see 2-3 years from now if he remains that hot.
OMG he has played actually better than I thought he would against the young guns, and not knowing the math part of it. btw I am entitled to my opinion you guys may not like it but tuff too bad so sad as the saying goes. I do read yours and take it in and yes sometimes I comment on it just like you remark about mine. We don't have to agree on everything or anything lol. Once again Durr is the best right now and actually one of the best I have seen in the last 10 years. We shall see 2-3 years from now if he remains that hot.
I've never heard this saying before.
also joe hachem and howard lederer will be in later episodes
Thanks for the info.. it's always interesting when they change the table dynamics. I'm not saying I'm not happy with the current line-up at all, I think it's actually one of the best they've ever had in terms of contrasting styles and personalities.
I haven't either. Rose, do you know it's origins?Mark
the actual saying is " too bad so sad" I added the tuff. Acronyms is TBSSThis definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:Slang/chat, popular culturecan't find the orgin of the word but I always used it as a slang sort of like that's life