• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when you get the rep for paying off too many hands, people stop trying to go a level above you and try to get you to fold overpairs/strong hands, they jsut play straightforward and value bet your face off.
This. But even supposing that 's what DB was doing, trying to move him off a hand.. by pushing all in, He is completely polarizing DB's range, ( maybe he gets queens to fold, but that's it).

Eww, don't think I liked one thing DN did on that episode. In fact pretty boring episode overall. Listening to durrr and doyle discuss a $2000 prop bet for a quarter of the show wasn't exactly exciting.

Wow, seeing Daniel giving up and acting a bit strange on the hand with Eli was surprising. I can understand it completely (esp if they're not showing some of the hands in the correct order, so we don't know which hand just happened), but it was still surprising and funny to see.

Watching nowhahahahahhahahha LOL at Doyle/Durr bet!Just as eastgate reveals he had a deuce;Durr: "SHIP IT!"edit:What could DN have put Barry on to call that A8 vs TJ hand?I think even I would have folded there o,o

I'm just going to say again that I think Eastgate is playing with scared money. Doyle had a nice bet against him and he couldn't take the heat and had to fold. Also, Doyle is a beast! I would never want to play against him. And what was with DN and Doyle saying they are friends and didn't want to play hard against each other. I'm pretty sure they just mean that they respect each others games.About the shove into quads. We are not there and we don't know what DN was thinking at that point. He believed that he had the best hand and went with his gut on it. I'm sure we have all done the same thing at one point or another. It looks dumb because we can see the hole cards and the outcome ... but we don't know the situation and if there was something that DN saw that made him believe that a shove was needed. However, it seems that every play DN made was not good. BUT we also don't know the exact situations that were playing out in these situations. It's easy to be a Monday morning quaterback, but it's harder to be in the game and making the tough decisions.

About the shove into quads. We are not there and we don't know what DN was thinking at that point. He believed that he had the best hand and went with his gut on it. I'm sure we have all done the same thing at one point or another. It looks dumb because we can see the hole cards and the outcome ... but we don't know the situation and if there was something that DN saw that made him believe that a shove was needed. However, it seems that every play DN made was not good. BUT we also don't know the exact situations that were playing out in these situations. It's easy to be a Monday morning quaterback, but it's harder to be in the game and making the tough decisions.
yeah, okay, that's fine and all.. but I mean, he open farrelled.
I'm just going to say again that I think Eastgate is playing with scared money. Doyle had a nice bet against him and he couldn't take the heat and had to fold. Also, Doyle is a beast! I would never want to play against him. And what was with DN and Doyle saying they are friends and didn't want to play hard against each other. I'm pretty sure they just mean that they respect each others games.About the shove into quads. We are not there and we don't know what DN was thinking at that point. He believed that he had the best hand and went with his gut on it. I'm sure we have all done the same thing at one point or another. It looks dumb because we can see the hole cards and the outcome ... but we don't know the situation and if there was something that DN saw that made him believe that a shove was needed. However, it seems that every play DN made was not good. BUT we also don't know the exact situations that were playing out in these situations. It's easy to be a Monday morning quaterback, but it's harder to be in the game and making the tough decisions.
i dont think eastgate is playing with scared money, i think that these players are a lot stronger players than him, and are picking up tells
yeah, okay, that's fine and all.. but I mean, he open farrelled.
DN must be getting lynched over this on other forums, but it's done and part of his image now, is that expoitable for him?
DN must be getting lynched over this on other forums, but it's done and part of his image now, is that expoitable for him?
Well, I mean, I don't think DN would do a fake open Farrell with the nuts to induce a bet, it seems like doing that sort of thing would be too damaging to his rep, as it would be seen by some as dickish at best, and borderline unethical at worst. That's why it's such a bad move, is he can pretty much never be faking the reaction he just had.
it would be seen by some as dickish at best, and borderline unethical at worst.
You make that sound like a bad thing.But ya there is no silver lining here.
. It's easy to be a Monday morning quaterback, but it's harder to be in the game and making the tough decisions.
This is always true. DN has ran into a few hands, Doyle has had huge hands and Zigmund hasn't had any hands so far.

Yea bad performance by DN he never really seemed to have his head in the game the whole show. We all have been playing poker when are head isnt in the game and we shouldnt have sat in the first place. Only diffrence is he is playing the best in the world and everyone is watching him. And also the stakes of course. He blundered a few hands and his comment about Eastgates accident was kind of out of line but just more proof he wasnt really in the game that day.

Just re-watched the last show and it's just dawned on me that Peter Eastgate is kind of a semi retard. Not meaning to be unneccesarily harsh, but I've only really just paid attention to the way he acts, speaks and throws his chips/cards in. I'm not sure he's all there... in the UK we might say he's a bit of a 'Simple Simon'.Zigmund is a weird guy too.

Just re-watched the last show and it's just dawned on me that Peter Eastgate is kind of a semi retard. Not meaning to be unneccesarily harsh, but I've only really just paid attention to the way he acts, speaks and throws his chips/cards in. I'm not sure he's all there... in the UK we might say he's a bit of a 'Simple Simon'.Zigmund is a weird guy too.
He is def all there but he must be sending out a stack of tells with those oddities
Anyone?kl.jpgdavinci02140604.jpg
I really like Paul Bettany but Ziiigmund would've been an even better casting for that role imo.EDIT: Paul also gets to sex Jennifer Connelly, so I'm sure Ziigmund would trade lives.