• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame Daniel doesn't get involved in these discussions. Would be nice to hear his thoughts on a couple of key hands, or maybe just in general about how much of a difference there is between what we see on tv, and how things went down on the actual day.
at the time i think eli said "barry had the best hand." and daniel agreed with "duh" and it was durr that said eastgate had the best hand.i agree it'd be cool to hear about the difference of what we see vs what really happned.

this is when poker just amazes me. It is so deep and there are just so many thought process that can go into it thats just amazing. The I think you have this cause you think I have this is just amazing. Yeah I don't think I will be tp/mm any time soon. I will just stick to the kiddie game down the street.

It's a shame Daniel doesn't get involved in these discussions. Would be nice to hear his thoughts on a couple of key hands, or maybe just in general about how much of a difference there is between what we see on tv, and how things went down on the actual day.
I think he got flamed and now posts at 2+2.

I guess my first point wasn't really a point, it was leading into #2 and that was Barry was representing JJ+ and was never folding it. Or at least that was my interpretation from his podcast. That is if he went HU with Dwan. I told you it'd be incoherent. :club:

I think the reason that Dwan's flop raise might be a little ambitious is that with that loose of a lineup, it's still quite plausible that someone has trips. Like, David, Eli, Ziig, and Daniel are plenty capable of having 2x with position on Dwan.
This except FYP to include some more you missed.I think it's a very high variance spot, as are most big bluffs like that. I don't pretend to know as much as Durrr or even a lot of people on here, just trying to stimulate discussion and if anyone else thinks this play may actually be -EV in the longrun.edit: i.r. bad person for posting back2back
This except FYP to include some more you missed.I think it's a very high variance spot, as are most big bluffs like that. I don't pretend to know as much as Durrr or even a lot of people on here, just trying to stimulate discussion and if anyone else thinks this play may actually be -EV in the longrun.edit: i.r. bad person for posting back2back
Did you win the im champ?
Did you win the im champ?
Yes, but with an asterisk. 2nd half when we were down 10 they were checking the rosters and apparently some kids played on two teams and they got DQ'ed immediately. I feel like Barry Bonds.
What if it's -ev in a vacuum but nets him some absurd metagame gold later on down the line because everybody thinks/knows he's a ridiculous spew machine who tries to bluff people off aa in 8 way pots?
I was just talking about it being -EV in the long-run. But this hand easily could've gone a different path (i.e. BG shoves turn, PE shoves turn, PE shoves flop, etc.) and suddenly it cost him $ to have this "metagame gold." Not sure if having some "metagame gold for bluffing people off AA in 8 way pots" will overcome the expectation you have in making a play like this.Granted I don't even pretend to know the thinking levels for these games, so maybe making a play like this would be profitable in having mental edges over someone. Because there are probably quite a few hands like this that don't go to showdown at the nosebleeds and we never hear about them because they're not televised.
Yes, but with an asterisk. 2nd half when we were down 10 they were checking the rosters and apparently some kids played on two teams and they got DQ'ed immediately. I feel like Barry Bonds.
They should have let you finish the game anyway, who cares it's intramurals. The team that's going to win our championship has 3 guys that played D1 and aren't even enrolled in school. Sort of glad we lost in semis, would have got embarrassed at Allen Fieldhouse.
They should have let you finish the game anyway, who cares it's intramurals. The team that's going to win our championship has 3 guys that played D1 and aren't even enrolled in school. Sort of glad we lost in semis, would have got embarrassed at Allen Fieldhouse.
You get to play in Allen Fieldhouse? We only get to play in the practice facility. So sick I'm jealous.
good episode :club:
Fluff did you see any tells on durr?
Barry the limp re-raise is fine, but jesus guys, you sit with 250k, are you ever going to not put yer money in without the nuts?
Theres a double negative in there, but if you meant what I think you meant, then clearly the action hasn't changed your opinion at all. You think they need the nuts to generate action?These people are (mostly, or should be) rolled for this, and therefore won't be playing scared money...
Sounds like DN goes broke against quads again next week.
I feel this coming on too, I hope he gets away from them this time.

So, I've been looking at some other poker forums, and I've noticed that people are just killing eastgate about this hand, but really, I think barry played the hand much worse. He shouldn't have bet out, he shouldn't have called the flop, and he makes, essentially, the same fold as Eastgate. People say " I can understand barry's fold, but not eastgates" Why? They have, for all intents and purposes, the same hand when they fold, they both are either way ahead or way behind. They basically made the same fold, except Barry had information on what eastgate folded (information that Durrr picked up and bet on, and that barry should have picked up), Barry knows he has AA so he knows Durrrr is unlikely to have A2, and he had no one to act behind him like eastgate did. Over all, I think barry played the hand even worse than eastgate, but I think people are giving him a pass because he's barry g, and Eastgate is the focus of the annual WSOP Main Event Haterism.

So, I've been looking at some other poker forums, and I've noticed that people are just killing eastgate about this hand, but really, I think barry played the hand much worse. He shouldn't have bet out, he shouldn't have called the flop, and he makes, essentially, the same fold as Eastgate. People say " I can understand barry's fold, but not eastgates" Why? They have, for all intents and purposes, the same hand when they fold, they both are either way ahead or way behind. They basically made the same fold, except Barry had information on what eastgate folded (information that Durrr picked up and bet on, and that barry should have picked up), Barry knows he has AA so he knows Durrrr is unlikely to have A2, and he had no one to act behind him like eastgate did. Over all, I think barry played the hand even worse than eastgate, but I think people are giving him a pass because he's barry g, and Eastgate is the focus of the annual WSOP Main Event Haterism.
I don't disagree with you.I don't know the exact stacks but for sure Barry had a lot less chips than Eastgate did which makes there even more reason for him to call since he isn't so deep.
I have to stop agreeing with you, but yeah.

This is such a great show. I wish they would show all the hands in the correct order. Can someone take DN's side on that JJ hand and try to defend a turn shove?

This is such a great show. I wish they would show all the hands in the correct order. Can someone take DN's side on that JJ hand and try to defend a turn shove?
he didn't play well at all that night and wasn't seeing the cards well.He called the quads after the all in lol, DN looked a little lost in a few hands tonight, to the point that even Doyle commented on it. Looks like next week Barry and Durr tangle again with an interesting hand.