its easy to say you'll reload when its not ur money, and you say if "he has the case 2 or pkt 10s" PE is not just thinking about durrr he is obv thinking about BG behind him too.dont be results oriented bc he had the best hand think about the thought process and how the hand was played its easy to say if you had that money you would put your stack in with three of a kind but the way these players play in these high stakes game is just soo much more in depth and they analyze things way differentedit: im not saying it was a good fold and PE is prob. kicking himself but just think of the way it was played its not easy to your stack on it if your PE
You are right. It was not my money. And I will never be able to afford those stakes. But...... IF I had sat down at the table..... a HIGH stakes CASH game..... I would have prepared myself (both mentally and financially) to deal with precisely these situations.But remember.......I'm a micro limits player and ISAP!Still....... a truly memorable hand!
  • Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right. It was not my money. And I will never be able to afford those stakes. But...... IF I had sat down at the table..... a HIGH stakes CASH game..... I would have prepared myself (both mentally and financially) to deal with precisely these situations.But remember.......I'm a micro limits player and ISAP!Still....... a truly memorable hand!
QFT.. sick sick hand people will be talking bout it for a while imo

The way Durrr controls pots (and people's souls) you get the feeling he'd have won it a few different ways also.If he flat calls the flop, and PE re-raises Barry's bet... he calls, and jams the turn (giving the same result - PE folds)If PE re-raises Durrr on the flop, Barry folds.. Durrr either flat calls and bets huge to win it on the river, or re-pops and takes it down on the flop, against a scared PE.He just seems so dominant, confident and in control, he's just clearly going to win whatever he does. He's prettay goot!That's my analysis for the week!

The way Durrr controls pots (and people's souls) you get the feeling he'd have won it a few different ways also.If he flat calls the flop, and PE re-raises Barry's bet... he calls, and jams the turn (giving the same result - PE folds)If PE re-raises Durrr on the flop, Barry folds.. Durrr either flat calls and bets huge to win it on the river, or re-pops and takes it down on the flop, against a scared PE.He just seems so dominant, confident and in control, he's just clearly going to win whatever he does. He's prettay goot!That's my analysis for the week!
If Durr flats and PE raises into both of them Durr is probably folding the flop and if not he is DEFINITELY folding the turn. This is the only action barring a T on the turn that Durr can win this pot because not only is Eastgates range ridiculously small, he is also less invested and more likely to be able to get away from a bad 2.

Wow. Quite an episode.Firstly, rly like the way Durrr played the KQ hand against Zigmund, rly good.As for the QT hand, sick. As I was watching it, I'm thinking, terrible raise on the flop, wtf like? Surely this guy knows what a fundamentally bad play this is. Then when it gets to Durrr on the turn, and I see he's about to bet, I have visions of myself coming on FCP and saying how I thought it was the worst played hand I'd ever seen. First time watching it, it looked atrocious. But then when you think about it, it's just unbelievable. Like, wow, what a play. THIS is why poker is such a cool game. That hand is one of the best summaries as to why I like poker. Soooo many variables to consider. Just a great, great hand.What would have made it even great imo, is if Barry read Durrr correctly and moved all in. That wudda been siick!EDIT: Oh yeah, anyone else think DN is a little scared of Dwan?? It seemed like that to me. In the 4c2c vs 88 hand, the king is the perfect card to bet on the river, but DN just didn't want to get involved. Was happy to passively give Dwan the pot. Then there was a hand or two, where DN was thinking about entering with a marginal hand (where Dwan had raised) but decided he didn't really want to play with Dwan. Anyone else get his feeling?

I would love to hear the tells Rose found on Durrrr.
I did think he thought he had a tell or two. There was this one that I noticed I saw in that hand where and when he had Q10 and the hand he flopped the straight. He jerked his head right up and his eyes up and then his eyes went directly to his chips. If you watch the TV closely you'll notice also that when he went for the raise after checking on the river he puts his chips in the pot with a overhand instead of his usually two finger way
awesome same thing I noticed as well his swallowing reflexes and subtle changes in breathing patterns more active on bluffing hands. His eye movements where quick but a dead give away
awesome same thing I noticed as well his swallowing reflexes and subtle changes in breathing patterns more active on bluffing hands
This is one of the few times that I will actually agree with Rose, but don't quote me on it.
I don't think Gold could ever do this and I think pretty much everyone would call Gold there.
Gold pretty much raises everything everywhere chasing the "all time best bluffer" title he has crowned himself with.Durr plays loose, but he reads the game well and bluffs in the right spots (at least for now).Wounder if he can continue with the same style after all the other players gets to watch and analyze this season.Very nice episode! :club:
Wounder if he can continue with the same style after all the other players gets to watch and analyze this season.
It's not like Durrr's mega bluffs are some sort of secret. He's infamous for it in high stakes online games.
It's not like Durrr's mega bluffs are some sort of secret. He's infamous for it in high stakes online games.
I wasn't thinking about his bluffs in particular, just his way of playing.I know they've played with him before, and that they know a lot about his playing style, but isn't it easier to analyze his game and get tells after watching and playing with him in such a long session?Or maybe what I'm saying is just a load of bs since I'm a donk and all, honestly not sure :club:
I wasn't thinking about his bluffs in particular, just his way of playing.I know they've played with him before, and that they know a lot about his playing style, but isn't it easier to analyze his game and get tells after watching and playing with him in such a long session?Or maybe what I'm saying is just a load of bs since I'm a donk and all, honestly not sure :club:
I think some of the veteran live players will catch on to Durrr's live tells. Either way he's a sick player in how thinks about the game. I mean, when Doyle told him that he had the best hand and Durrr responded that Eastgate had it, I mean he knew.Also I do really like how Gabe announces the hands and thinking behind them.
I think some of the veteran live players will catch on to Durrr's live tells. Either way he's a sick player in how thinks about the game. I mean, when Doyle told him that he had the best hand and Durrr responded that Eastgate had it, I mean he knew.Also I do really like how Gabe announces the hands and thinking behind them.
He didn't just tell doyle that, he bet doyle. I'm not kidding, that's the best part about the hand. He should frame that 2K he won of doyle in that prop bet.
He didn't just tell doyle that, he bet doyle. I'm not kidding, that's the best part about the hand. He should frame that 2K he won of doyle in that prop bet.
I thought it was funnier when at first Durrr said very sheepishly, "I had it." knowing dang well he didn't have it. He didn't know how to lie. lol

Just my two cents on this epic hand.First of all I am not sure if Durr is a donkey or a genius..Its a fine line.First of all calling Barry's under the gun raise with Q10 with 6 guys behind is obviously not a good call..Then the raise on the flop. Is this a donkey play knowing that most probably his q10 isnt good, or is it a very high level play where Durr knows that Barry has to have minimum JJ. Then the bet on the turn after knowing Eastgate has a 2 and Barry has an overpair..Most of the players on the table arent folding Eastgate's 2 and Barry's aces..I guarantee give either one of the hands to Eli,Daniel and most of the others the chips are all in on the turn. Durr had the precise two guys that can lay those hands down..is he a genius or a donkey??I am leaning towards genius..

I know Durrr won the bet, but Doyle was actually right too... in that, Barry folded a better hand too on the river.
Just my two cents on this epic hand.First of all I am not sure if Durr is a donkey or a genius..Its a fine line.First of all calling Barry's under the gun raise with Q10 with 6 guys behind is obviously not a good call..Then the raise on the flop. Is this a donkey play knowing that most probably his q10 isnt good, or is it a very high level play where Durr knows that Barry has to have minimum JJ. Then the bet on the turn after knowing Eastgate has a 2 and Barry has an overpair..Most of the players on the table arent folding Eastgate's 2 and Barry's aces..I guarantee give either one of the hands to Eli,Daniel and most of the others the chips are all in on the turn. Durr had the precise two guys that can lay those hands down..is he a genius or a donkey??I am leaning towards genius..
Really disagree with the bold. With how tight Barry had been playing why wouldn't you want to play anything decent > 200 bbs deep in position vs. the original raiser when you have a fairly strong idea of what their range is? As far as the flop, it's 100% a bluff. At first I didn't get it either but he knows exactly what Barry's range is and is effectively forcing him to play for stacks (since he's always gonna barrel the turn, not letting him get to showdown) with 1 pair in an 8 way pot pre where he's (durrrr) repping a deuce. Durrr has a 10 also so he has a blocker to both of the possible boat combos on the flop. It's really really really hard for anybody to continue postflop when he raises that bet with 6 people behidn without like k2/a2
Really disagree with the bold. With how tight Barry had been playing why wouldn't you want to play anything decent > 200 bbs deep in position vs. the original raiser when you have a fairly strong idea of what their range is?
I guess I maybe wrong in my thinking as I am a little old school and dont consider q 10 a hand you want to battle with...I think the call wouldnt be as bad if there werent 6 guys behind, were the likely of you getting heads up is very slim. Especially after flat calling and inviting the others in with the pot odds you are giving them.Again I am probably wrong and I dont play high stakes no limit OBV, but i know Doyle,Barry, and other "old" school players dont make that call.Is it wrong?I dont know.I am still amazed at the high level these guys play at though.
Really disagree with the bold. With how tight Barry had been playing why wouldn't you want to play anything decent > 200 bbs deep in position vs. the original raiser when you have a fairly strong idea of what their range is? As far as the flop, it's 100% a bluff. At first I didn't get it either but he knows exactly what Barry's range is and is effectively forcing him to play for stacks (since he's always gonna barrel the turn, not letting him get to showdown) with 1 pair in an 8 way pot pre where he's (durrrr) repping a deuce. Durrr has a 10 also so he has a blocker to both of the possible boat combos on the flop. It's really really really hard for anybody to continue postflop when he raises that bet with 6 people behidn without like k2/a2
i love your thinking and analysis...The one thing that I as a limit dinosaur am not use to grasping is how much stack sizes come into play. I have played 90% of my hands in the last 15 years limit holdem. When a guy like Barry raises under the gun i insta muck q10 without giving it a second thought..however I really can appreciate this high level thinking by Durr and its really fun to analyze.