• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Eastgate played that 98s hand vs durrr in the worst way possible. Either fire 2-3 barrels, or just check flop. Firing flop and giving up seems terribad. Does he expect Tom to be just check/folding that flop when he 3bets?

I have'nt watched the full episode yet, but that first Eastgate hand was horrible, and I remember him saying that he has lost a lot of money playing high stakes cash. No doubt hes a good tourney player though, but hes proabably a high stakes fish.

And Eastgate played that 98s hand vs durrr in the worst way possible. Either fire 2-3 barrels, or just check flop. Firing flop and giving up seems terribad. Does he expect Tom to be just check/folding that flop when he 3bets?
This. Durrr is ALWAYS check calling and will have TT-QQ here alot.
besides that I think he played the other hands as well as possible.
I have'nt watched the full episode yet, but that first Eastgate hand was horrible, and I remember him saying that he has lost a lot of money playing high stakes cash. No doubt hes a good tourney player though, but hes proabably a high stakes fish.
There aren't too many players that are a long term winner in nose bleed games online so I don't think you can hold this against Peter. Durrrs probably the only player at the table that isnt a loser playing online nosebleed regulars at no limit.

I was impressed with durrr on this one episode.It was obvious that Doyle and a few others were really trying to get durrr out of his comfort zone and I think he had excellent responses and stood up for himself well. I really thought durrr was going to call that KJ hand river bet by Patrick, good escape.Would have been interesting to see what Eastgate would have done had Daniel raised the J2 on the flop. Good chance he plays back, hindsight is 20/20. NLD by Eastgate for sure. Will be interested to see how much he gets played at and lets loose when he has the best of it.Going to be a great season with some ridiculous action between Durrr, Eli, Zigmund, Dario, Patrick, and Benyamine.<<<< loves da high stakes pokah!

talking about eli elezra being a regular winner or loser at nlhe i dont think is fair in the sense that when the big game is together it is a mix of up to 20 games sometimes, and high stakes poker is only an annual maybe semi-annual thing.

Is Eastgate's call with the A6 really that bad? If he raises will Durrr rly pay him off? I know Durrr is claiming he obviously would have, but would he really have actually called? It would make sense for Durrr to sell the idea that he definitely would have called, but I genuinely he would fold the 67 in that spot.Thoughts?

Is Eastgate's call with the A6 really that bad? If he raises will Durrr rly pay him off? I know Durrr is claiming he obviously would have, but would he really have actually called? It would make sense for Durrr to sell the idea that he definitely would have called, but I genuinely he would fold the 67 in that spot.Thoughts?
I agree, I don't think it was bad. Also the way Durrr kept betting he could've easily had Eastgate beat there. I don't see a problem with the way Eastgate played that hand. It was a drawy board and Dwan could've boated up or had a straight.
Peter Eastgate is so horrible.WOW.
uhhhh no he's not...
lol @ this
I can't understand how anyone thinks he's bad after seeing 5 hands-ish. I think the A6 hand is pretty much standard. DN's J2 hand was about 9.8 times worse than any play PE made/didn't make.
Am I the only one that thinks Daniel played the J2s hand absolutely terribly vs Eastgate? How does he not raise the flop?
Not raising his trips on THAT board is criminal. Seems pretty bad. You never get credit if you raise that flop.
I don't see how it was bad. I think if DN raises that flop that it would have to send warning signals to Eastgate. I mean, it seems that PE was a pretty tight player, plus he raised from the SB. So he HAS to have a huge hand there. AA, KK, QQ, AK. I mean DN even said if PE would've raised/shoved then DN would've folded.
I don't see how it was bad. I think if DN raises that flop that it would have to send warning signals to Eastgate. I mean, it seems that PE was a pretty tight player, plus he raised from the SB. So he HAS to have a huge hand there. AA, KK, QQ, AK. I mean DN even said if PE would've raised/shoved then DN would've folded.
If dn doesn't raise the flop then a raise has to go in on the turn. There's absolutely no way to build a ginormous pot without a turn raise. A potential ginormous pot is the only reason to play J2sooted to a raise on the button.
If the flop was rainbow I'd be more inclined to agree with you on DN's call but with the fd out there raising sells a much large range than just a 2 imo.
I really thought durrr was going to call that KJ hand river bet by Benyamine, good escape.
fypand why are people talking about ali nejad? but I do wish gabe and AJ would cut down the chatter a bit.they seem to do it at the worst points and then let you hear the 2nd half of the conversation with no idea what they are talking aboutis the show aired weekly or daily?

I don't really like the flat by Eastgate either. It seems to me that the only thing you are worried about is the boat. Since it is against Durr and his style of play why not raise. If he beats you then fine ... but I think a large percentage of the time you have the best of it. There are only a few good hands that you get and you HAVE to maximize the value on those types of hands. If not then you are just playing to break even.

If dn doesn't raise the flop then a raise has to go in on the turn. There's absolutely no way to build a ginormous pot without a turn raise. A potential ginormous pot is the only reason to play J2sooted to a raise on the button.
I kind of agree. But if Eastgate is possibly putting DN on a flush draw and DN raises the turn, then what does Eastgate beat with AK there? Eastgate knows that DN knows that he has to have a big hand there. I think DN got the most of what he could from Eastgate, tbh. Any raise from DN sends up red flags to Eastgate and I think he folds.
I don't really like the flat by Eastgate either. It seems to me that the only thing you are worried about is the boat. Since it is against Durr and his style of play why not raise. If he beats you then fine ... but I think a large percentage of the time you have the best of it. There are only a few good hands that you get and you HAVE to maximize the value on those types of hands. If not then you are just playing to break even.
The board was 653 Dwan could've had ANY combination of hands there that beats Eastgate. 56, 47, 63, 36, 33, 55. I think the way Eastgate played it was fine, imo.