This is a little excercise for my blog on a hand played last night and I would like to have a couple guess from the masses on it.Please let me know if there is anymore information needed.Player 1- Creative player preflop but usually plays positionally to exploit odds. Can play well post flop. Has decent reading ability and will play more by the book to re-raises, will lay down when caught trying to steal. Standard range for pushes.Player 2-Novice player, will play marginal holdings sometimes, rarely raises except with exceptional hands, will protect made hands aggressively. Postflop play can occasionally be quite sneaky due to lack of consistency and chasing marginal holdings on occasion, has not yet developed a firm grasp of pot odds and reading other players hands so tends to play his hand more than others holdings.Player 3-Creative player both preflop and with calls in position, but very knowledgeable in terms of reading hands when encountering aggression. Somewhat larger than standard range for pushes but middle to large pocket pairs and AK with possible AQs would all be possible. Knows that player 1 will call a reraise with a reasonable range of hands and re-examine hand after the flop.Players 1 and 2 are both deep stacked, player 3 has just re-bought, cash game hold'em.Player 1 has rebought once, but has worked up to being one of the larger stacks at the table.Player 1 and 3 have been playing with each other for 3+ years, player 2 about 1 year.Player 2 is the only one drinking, though has only had maybe one or two beers at most, game is approximately half way through the night.Player 1 is UTG and raise to 6x the blinds, standard raise at the table is 4-6x the blinds.foldPlayer 2 in UTG+2 and calls, common for this player to just call raises with AA and KK.fold, foldPlayer 3 on the Button and shoves all in for 40x the blinds.Player one re-raises all in to 120xPlayer 2 thinks for quite a while and calls.Guess the hands, at least one of them should be easy. Feel free to throw in a range.Player 1Player 2Player 3

no one?
You'll have to excuse this forum, it's a little slow.Is this a purely hypothetical scenario?If P3 knows P1 will call a push with a wide range then I'd say his shove was for value, TT+If P2 flats most hands then his range his huge. I don't think P3 is worried about him having AA/KK which would then shift P3's range more to that end of his range.P1 now has to have something strong to want to iso 3, he may be worried about P2 sucking out. He could have QQ+ AK.P2 I can't give a range to, despite the info provided, his wide range plus possible novice tendencies indicate he could have anything, possibly any pair or KQ+. If I were P1 or P3 I'd be sick. So final hands plucked from my anus.1 - QQ2 - AK3 - KKP2 rivers an A.
You'll have to excuse this forum, it's a little slow.Is this a purely hypothetical scenario?
nope real game
If P3 knows P1 will call a push with a wide range then I'd say his shove was for value, TT+
I may not of written it correctly, while P3 may have a wider range for pushing than P1, P3 knows that a big stack P1 will call a reasonable re-raise with a slightly larger range, but would only call a push with top holdings

KK10-10 or J-JA-QWill you message me real holdings??? pretty interesting activity...might use this with my club at school

KK10-10 or J-JA-QWill you message me real holdings??? pretty interesting activity...might use this with my club at school
sent, i'll post up the hands when someone gets close enough, but i would like to see what you people think P1 and P3 are holding as the most important part, I'm not sure anyone will guess what P2 has

I'll guess for fun because ISAPPlayer 1 - AA-QQPlayer 2 - JJ-22 AK-AJPlayer 3 - TT+, AK, AQI think player 2 could have any semi reasonable hand since he's a novice. Seems that player 1 has to have a strong hand here, and player 3 could be trying a squeeze with a marginal holding.

Player 1- QQ (creative pre-flop so he may limp UTG with AA or KK; shoves to isolate player 3's wide range)Player 2- 77-99, AJ, AQPlayer 3- 1010 or JJ, possibly AK (12 or 13 bb in the pot already so he has an ok shoving stack and doesnt want to call or make a small raise where scare cards may come and he would have to make a tough decision to go with it or not)

Player 1- QQ (creative pre-flop so he may limp UTG with AA or KK; shoves to isolate player 3's wide range)Player 2- 77-99, AJ, AQPlayer 3- 1010 or JJ, possibly AK (12 or 13 bb in the pot already so he has an ok shoving stack and doesnt want to call or make a small raise where scare cards may come and he would have to make a tough decision to go with it or not)
closest so far
You think Player 3 isn't going to shove KK or AA here?I'd put player 3 on 99+ AJs+, AQo+.I think we can discount AA/KK from player 2's range since he didn't snap call the shove. So I'd say his range is TT-QQ, AKo, AKsAnd I'll guess QQ+, AKo, AKs for player 1.

You guys are really good at this and I appreciate the feedbackI'll go in order, Player 3- 99 Lower than expected, but knows that he will get a call from Player 1 only with AA, KK or AK, and player 1 may even lay down AK with Player 2 still to act behind given Player 2s perpensity for just calling with AA and KKPlayer 1- KK regular sized bet was made to induce a raise and knows that Player 3 will shove any pocket from TT+ here, 99 was a bit of a suprisePlayer 2- ATsof course the flop rivered an ace to give the worst hand the winPlayer 2 being result based thought the play was good, the rest of the table tried to explain how many ways it wasn't the right call but I'd like to just post an opinion or two from here on it