Need Fm Transmitter For Ipod Itouch 2nd Gen

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nevermind the above.... looks like it wont workWhat the hell is an equanox anyway?Try something like this
You might know it as a Pontiac Torrent. Exact same vehicle. It's a crossover.I think I'll ask my dealer about it. I need to get my brakes done anyways.

I have no idea why they wouldn't work with the touch unless it's just the charging portion. I think apple switched to a new charging process and made it so the old firewire ipod chargers won't work. it is similar to what they did with the video out cable for the touch and iphone... started selling apple brand ones with proprietary chips and released a firmware update specifically to break functionality for third-party cables. excellent company, that apple.

I have a tape deck in my car (the car is 12 years old), and one of those tape converter things, but there seems to be something wrong with the tape deck so that it clicks constantly. I tried a couple different tapes, and it does it on all of them.So I got the IPod FM transmitter, and it sucks in metro areas. It hisses and fades, even in parts of the dial where there are no stations.I just listen through the headphones now.So I've been looking at getting a cheap radio with an IPod adapter. I could get one for $150 or so plus installation.

05 chevy equinox. no tape deck.I'll take a look at the one you suggested, ronny.Or i'll just drive with my headphones in.
I suggested one to you in the army thread.. it looks all cjeap.. but it is the best one I have had. We have tried many that cost too much and didnt work for shiiit

I just bought myself a new stereo to accommodate this. I picked up a new Pioneer 50wx4 CD player with AUX input. It was $100 and I installed in myself. Installing can be quite tricky though on some vehicles so I'd look into that before you proceed. Getting a new stereo would definitely be the best bet though, and isn't really too expensive. FM transmitters in my experience really suck for sound quality.

I have a tape deck in my car (the car is 12 years old), and one of those tape converter things, but there seems to be something wrong with the tape deck so that it clicks constantly. I tried a couple different tapes, and it does it on all of them.So I got the IPod FM transmitter, and it sucks in metro areas. It hisses and fades, even in parts of the dial where there are no stations.I just listen through the headphones now.So I've been looking at getting a cheap radio with an IPod adapter. I could get one for $150 or so plus installation.
Really? I have a monster FM transmitter and use it in Minneapolis all the time. I have to switch stations occasionally, but it's easy enough to do. It's not CD quality but it's better than buying a new CD player with an axillary jack.

My friend has one and when we went up North a couple summers ago it sounded great and station changing was not all that difficult to warrant never using one. Oh no, I have to change the station, boo hoo. I will see him tomorrow night and ask him. But sadly I think it was a Griffin and you said you can't find one for the touch.

I'm not debating the need for one. I'm going to be driving 3500 miles in 12 days. I NEED one.I just need one that is compatible with the 2nd gen itouch.The Monster 200 says it isn't compatible. I guess I should check the vehicle's stereo for auxiliary inputs, eh?

I have no idea why they wouldn't work with the touch unless it's just the charging portion. I think apple switched to a new charging process and made it so the old firewire ipod chargers won't work. it is similar to what they did with the video out cable for the touch and iphone... started selling apple brand ones with proprietary chips and released a firmware update specifically to break functionality for third-party cables. excellent company, that apple.
The touch speaks the truth.I'm not sure on the 1st gen or 2nd gen Itouches but my Monster I-play will charge my 2nd gen Ipod mini but will not charge my 4th gen Ipod nano.You might check on the full compatibility if you're going to need the charging and I'm guessing on a road trip like you're taking you will need the charging feature.
The touch speaks the truth.I'm not sure on the 1st gen or 2nd gen Itouches but my Monster I-play will charge my 2nd gen Ipod mini but will not charge my 4th gen Ipod nano.You might check on the full compatibility if you're going to need the charging and I'm guessing on a road trip like you're taking you will need the charging feature.
I already bought a car charger. Didn't think about an fm transmitter.
A direct wired input is 1000000000000000000x better... an RCA jack on the back if you have it, or a direct input jack (whatever they're called). Don't almost all car radios made in the last 5 or 6 years have at least one of these? If you don't have an input like this, use your cassette deck.
I have an 04 Wrangler and do not have an aux jack, but I desperately need one.Also, Jeff- I have the new 16g iphone, which I'd assume is the same setup as the new itouch, and got an fm transmitter/charger/dock-cradle thing when I got it. It ran about 80 bucks, but it's really good as far as fm transmitters go. I found a decent station after some searching and really don't have much interference. I still desperately want to get a deck or something put in with an aux cable, but until then this does just fine. I can't find the one I have, but they make a ton of them that are pretty much all the same. The good thing is that if/when I do get the aux cable, I can still use this thing as a cradle/charger, so I won't have wasted the money
I have an 04 Wrangler and do not have an aux jack, but I desperately need one.Also, Jeff- I have the new 16g iphone, which I'd assume is the same setup as the new itouch, and got an fm transmitter/charger/dock-cradle thing when I got it. It ran about 80 bucks, but it's really good as far as fm transmitters go. I found a decent station after some searching and really don't have much interference. I still desperately want to get a deck or something put in with an aux cable, but until then this does just fine. I can't find the one I have, but they make a ton of them that are pretty much all the same. The good thing is that if/when I do get the aux cable, I can still use this thing as a cradle/charger, so I won't have wasted the money
Thanks, Jeff
how can you be sure that's Jeff, Jeff?
Well, Jeff, I'm pretty sure that's Jeff because..well...as you know, us Jeffs have a certain unspoken communication. I could just feel it was Jeff, Jeff.Jeff
Jeff, I'm honestly surprised that you didn't realize that Jeff would automatically know that this is the real Jeff. I thought you would've seen the Jeff signal in the sky as I posted that. At least one Jeff saw it, Jeff. Well actually, Jeff, two Jeff's saw it if you count this Jeff, which I suppose you should, Jeff.

plus, the other user of that account isn't what I'd call "helpful"also, he would've insulted somebodydouble also, the originator of that account is asian, ergo, good with electronics.Simple math really.

plus, the other user of that account isn't what I'd call "helpful"also, he would've insulted somebodydouble also, the originator of that account is asian, ergo, good with electronics.Simple math really.
Math? I see what you did there.